Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 23, 2019, 05:29:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189588 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18214 Members
Latest Member: saztaynisk
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Recruitment Forum
| | |-+  Clan Recruitment
| | | |-+  The Artist Vocation --- (See Jack of Alltrades today!)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Artist Vocation --- (See Jack of Alltrades today!)  (Read 5047 times)
Trikitiger
F***ING KICKASS Top Ten Shaman!

F*** the K/D ratio, Healing is where it's at.

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2011, 09:50:31 pm »

If you haven't guessed, I used a Dragon Quest reference for this clan name. In Dragon Quest, you are given jobs or "vocations", and they range from Warrior, Ranger, Mage, Priest, and so on and so forth. The Artist Vocation isn't technically in the game, but using the same concept, you can become a part of it.

The Artist Vocation is basically a group of people that play savage (kind of a duh), but also works in things that deal with creativity and art. Writers, modelers (3D), painters, actors, designers, you name it, if you're big on art or creativity in any way, it's a good way to enter the clan ^^

Acceptance
Not asking for much but these are required to join:

--- Must be an artist in any way (examples have been mentioned earlier), this excludes anything to do with the game
---------- "I'm an artist by how I swing and bounce around with a lego!" ... No
---------- "I'm an artist because I create maps for the game on a regular basis!" ... Sure

--- Must have some skill playing the game. I don't care about K/D, but being completely worthless to the team means you don't know the game yet.
---------- "I constantly get 0/50 K/D because I'm always a scav/nomad and I can't kill anyone!" ... Learn the game a bit more.
---------- "I know what I'm doing, but I can't seem to get a positve K/D" ... That's fine.
---------- "I usually always get positive K/D" ... That's fine.
---------- Again, the K/D rating doesn't matter to me, but at least know the game well enough that you're not a burden to the team, My guess is that 48 -72 hours gameplay time is a good minimum, I may even say 24. Point is, know the game before you even ask.

---Must chat in a decent and respectable manner
---------- "I'm always courteous when using Savage's chat feature" ... Great.
---------- "I'm good about what I say in the chat box most of the time. I blow up sometimes though." ... It happens, fine.
---------- "I'm good about what I say in the chat box, but I often getting into disputes or blow up." ... Work on your attitude before you ask next time.
---------- "I constantly complain, argue, taunt, or insult others while playing Savage." ... No.

So why do I ask that you're performing these things before you join the clan? That's because of the rules inside of the clan.

Clan Rulez

--- Must be an artist in any way
---------- It's hard to tell if any work is yours, because online, you can steal anything and call it yours.
---------- Be sure to show me something you've done, and explain it a little bit, even throw in a few concerns or something.
---------- Send the file, I can tell if you copied it by its electronic signature (I use this program to give the owners of any assets I use in my Unity game the correct credit, I can use it to find frauds)
---------- Best way to prove that you're the original creator, send multiples
---------- ---------- NOTE: If you're sending 3D files, send them as OBJ files! OBJ files are universal and don't require additional software on my part.

--- Must be a respectable player
---------- Prove to me that you chat in a respectable manner, rarely blow up and start insulting others (It happens, we get pissed off)
---------- Bonus points for never swearing in the chat box, at all.

--- Know enough to be a part of clan wars (Hey, people get bored if the clan does nothing)
---------- Learn the game, don't fake that you know everything. Try different weapons, figure out how units attack, see what you like.
---------- It's easy to fake your skill by sitting in the spec box all the time with a clan icon that you grabbed from the site, and boasting that you know everything. Play the game and show that you're as good as you say.
---------- If you're always taking all the gold, always die, can't hit anything, you'll become a burden to the team on the game. And being a burden is not something that artists should be known for!

Failure in any of the rules results in termination

Currently, I don't have a forum for the clan. I'm gonna wait until I get a few members before I do so.

There's one fun thing that I am planning on instating (for whoever wants to do it), Artist based classes. For example, "Sol, Mage of Artistry" is just as he addresses himself, an artist Mage. His magic involves taking his drawings and then bringing them to life... If I say too much I'll get a paragraph for his magic specialty description, but point is, it involves art it's different, and it can be anything (Another great example for an Art-based class would be to look at the "Read Or Die" series. Awesome Anime, great way to be creative and a fighter at the same time).

The classes won't have anything to do with the actual game, but are more-so for fun. They would only be for show really, but again, just for fun.

How to join

Wait for an invite for one... Ok lets go through it methodologically.

--- Prove to me that you meet the three criteria
---------- If I seriously don't know you, I can't make a good guess over 1 day or match
---------- Pictures and junk can either be shown off here or in a PM
---------- Give me your account name and what you're known as (player name) so that I may invite you properly. Your account name is to double-check I'm inviting the right person.

--- Meet me in Leet US Public XR
---------- I like to go to G&G's occasionally, but I stick to US Leet because of the smaller room size, never have to worry about getting to that VIP limit (62/66, JOIN NOW! Only VIPs are allowed... DAMMIT!), and I get a better ping (70 - 110 vs 250 - 300... I'm going 100)

--- Look for "A Silver Tiger", "Doctor Jaguar", or "Sol"
---------- Sol is the admin account under this clan, It's a complete clean slate, has nothing to do with me but to be a clan-holder. The reference (Sol... Who is in an artist clan) won't be recognizable until I publish my second book.
---------- I will be under "A Silver Tiger" unless I'm promoting the clan or having fun under another name. The quickest and easiest way to catch me is to look for my "Sekairyu Warriors" icon ( ), which I use as a way to identify myself between others.

---------- ---------- NOTE: If I say no, I'll tell you why. Don't take it as a "YOU SHALL NEVER JOIN!", take it as a "Get a little better in Area-X before I accept you". Art-wise however just depends on whether or not the work is stolen... I'm not looking for Da Vincis or Shakespeares, but at least be one that's working towards art.

And I know I used a lot of space, but I'm very descriptive ^^

So if you're extremely interested, Talk to Jack of Alltrades, change your vocation to an Artist, and join ^^

--- Top 10 best Shaman! WHOO! ---

Helping XR Completion --- Starting after Capstone --- Agreed to help out with model making for main units
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator of The Hunterz Clan

Teamwork Enthusiast . . . . Are you in?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 08:47:36 am »

Is this clan going to be a serious clan?  (Like if someone who is a DA member signed up for this clan, it'd be considered multi-clanning -- and that person would have to choose between which clan to stay part of)

It'd be great if this was something anybody could join, as long as they meet the requirements of course, and even if they are already a member of another clan.   *Hint hint, this sounds really interesting and I'd love to join!  Don't want to leave my current clan/home though.  =(*

Trikitiger
F***ING KICKASS Top Ten Shaman!

F*** the K/D ratio, Healing is where it's at.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 02:52:32 pm »

It'd be great if this was something anybody could join, as long as they meet the requirements of course, and even if they are already a member of another clan.   *Hint hint, this sounds really interesting and I'd love to join!  Don't want to leave my current clan/home though.  =(*

Definitely gonna be a multi-clan type of thing, because there would be much much -MUCH- more serious clans than what I'm going for. I thought it'd be an awesome as hell idea to get all the artists of Savage together. (and if it fails, well, I have that third account for other things lol)

--- Top 10 best Shaman! WHOO! ---

Helping XR Completion --- Starting after Capstone --- Agreed to help out with model making for main units
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator of The Hunterz Clan

Teamwork Enthusiast . . . . Are you in?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:44:11 pm »

Yeeeehaw!  Haha!

Well actually, I wouldn't consider myself an artist or anything high-end like that, haha.  I do like to make lots of banners and signatures though.  I've made quite a few using screenshots from Savage. 

Click the dots if you need to see some of *amateurish* stuff.   . . .

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: