Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 05:35:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189653 Posts in 10987 Topics by 18241 Members
Latest Member: Abigaiper
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  DISCUSS: Balancing Philosophy ~ An Open and General Discussion
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSS: Balancing Philosophy ~ An Open and General Discussion  (Read 14901 times)
Faun
carn =/= hax
XR Contributor

Hear a flute in the forest...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:49 am »

well you could increase the stamina and health gained per hit, but I think carn and rabid are strong enough, realistically you could increase the damage the venom puts out as it would have little to no impact in the current game use.

as for the mana crystal idea, I'm not really on board because it really doesn't make the other weapons more viable in the heat of the moment

as for ammo pack, if they did that great, but what I know is that this has been this was since savage 2.00a because in savage 1.0 you could actually pick up the ammo beyond the 50% according to your statement without having an ammo pack (i.e. you have 250 flux at start, you kill a monkit that has an ammo crate, you now have 275 flux ammo and no ammo pack taking up a slot) in said example weapons like flux pulse and mmbow benefit greatly from this (trust me I did it a lot). if they can fix the ammo problem great.

+ I will poison you

also not trying to make it a ranged game, it's just that a lot of weapons go unused and they just happen to be ranged. while your typical newcommer tries everything and is rather dissappointed with the all of 4 seconds of surge.

yea +1, was like this when I started - what about chaos bolt, rupture, fireball and scattergun (the last one rather in late game)...these all are excellent weapons despite their ammo, along with incinerator which is at least a great concept

Just Call Me 'Wench'
Lower Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 01:03:23 pm »

Outsider perspective Smiley I was looking on your site and found this page which is linked as the very first link on the left on the front page "What is XR?": newerth.com/?id=xr

On that page it links to this thread here: INFO: XR 1.0 Beta - Feature List & Change Log Mohican on: February 13, 2009, 11:31:30 pm   Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:14:53 am by Django newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,6322

What I wonder is, is that up to date or have there been more changes (such as the threads in this forum) since then (2009?) that have not been listed? Smiley

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a stickied thread that lists all game changes that have been made? Smiley

If game changes have been made that are not just bug fixes is there any kind of 'classic' option to play with the original S2Games balancing without having people to use old copies of the game? I think it's important that the original game should also be preserved rather than written over, at least give people the option? Smiley
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:05:28 pm by Just Call Me 'Wench' » Logged
Nobody

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 09:45:37 pm »

what do you guys think about chaplin and shaman balance?
imo with leaps its much easier for shamans to revive and get to safety, while chaplins have to run wich makes them an easy prey :s
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:51:22 pm by Nobody » Logged

going for top 10 healer Cheesy
Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 07:25:46 am »

well this thread is ancient but to answer your question.

shamans have leap which makes "reviving" easier. their healing is burst large heal, single shot. their alt item is a shield beam that reduces damage to units AND buildings. their melee is a hammer lending little repair capabilities.

chaplains have block, allowing them to take more hits, with skill. their healing is a beam that heals in smaller more rapid burst, more forgiving on the accuracy side. their item is a pot that allows SELF HEALING. and their melee is the fastest swings per second allwoing them to build and repair faster (also mine).

the imbalance was originally that shammies would get the "beast healer" award more often because they could revive better and that is what the award arbitrarily tracked. this has been fixed and now it is based on healer exp and healer exp is tracked on stats. healer exp does more with a chaplain or shamans overal ability to heal allies and it's pretty even so far.

question answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: