Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2021, 07:49:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190089 Posts in 11011 Topics by 18603 Members
Latest Member: AppleQ
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  First generation changes
| | | |-+  S05: Relocater activation ~5 seconds delay
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S05: Relocater activation ~5 seconds delay  (Read 16061 times)
Juggy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »

Sorry, I didn't know my msg was reposted in a new thread so I haven't continued contributing my point of view. I understand the idea of a timer would cause more human deaths, and assumption is that would lead to an abandonment of people playing human, so by your logic, if humans don't get a 10-1 ratio of k/d they simply choose not to play, correct? My response to that is who gives a %!#? Really? You can't play humans unless your k/d is vastly superior to the beast side? Sure, my reasoning to change reloc in some way stems from me having to fight usually outnumbered, having to hit each lego 6x to get a kill and having them reloc on the 5th hit.. Sorry but that's not good combat.. If the only way beast can get a kill is to hope the GOOD PLAYER they are fighting isnt a total f'n &#%$, how is that balanced play? If the fear of dying is so great on the human side, then remove the cause of that fear..  Lower the costs of the lego and his gear, I don't care, I just want fair combat.. Do you see the beast crying when we have to fight 1on1s with 3 sniper coils on our asses? It's part of the human's advantage to be ranged attackers.

If the 5 sec timer is too large, reduce it to 2 seconds, modify a shaman to prevent it, or do SOMETHING that would allow for humans to PUT SOME SORT OF RISK into ANYTHING they do.. I'm sorry, but you people that cry that people would stop playing humans, you're the cause of the pussification of human players.. Whaaa we can't have humans die any more because then they'd have to farm gold.. Wha? Don't beast have to farm gold when their preds die? If my original suggestion is too severe, I can accept that.. I don't play human so I understand.. BUT.. Remove the problem that causes the fear might be better than allowing the current pussification of all humans.. What, you think new players like to face people that relocate after they get close to a kill? That attracts new players? Oh snap, there's so and so, he's bad ass! Let me go after him.. 1 hit, 2 hit.. relocate.. Yea, I'm sure he is satisfied.. I still think relocate needs to be modified in some way, and maybe the fear of dying can be reduced a bit to help with this as well. This is supposed to be a team game and you're crying that if we mess with relocate, the humans would have to start playing like a team just like beasts have to.. Really.. Did I get that right? Seriously.. I'm all for anything that will reduce stat whores and 100% immunity to deaths, bring some balls back to human play cuz honestly they all play like a bunch of pussies..
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 09:44:10 pm by Juggy » Logged
Rostner
The Grapist

I'm gonna grape you in the mouth!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 08:49:33 pm »

You have some good points, but I can't take you seriously with all your offensive language. Just because you're mad doesn't mean you have to use vulgarity.  Angry

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2011, 09:43:59 pm »

you people miss the point of the game!!!

it's all about this:

Juggy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2011, 09:44:39 pm »

I edited it to take out some curse words for the more innocent of us Wink
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2011, 10:13:34 pm »

Humans need to be able to reloc to save gold.
Humans can't get to monkits in a second like beasts.
Humans don't even have the gold rich NPCs the beasts do.
Humans don't have carni to take on w/e NPCs whenever they want.
Humans are no good, if you got no gold to gear up. As beast, you only need rabid.
Humans can't gank a beast like 5 beasts can gank a human, so beasts dont need reloc.

If you take away humans' ability to save themselves, they'll do 1 of the 2 things

1. Either stack beasts leaving newbies to fill up T1.
2. Or they'll reloc WAY before being ganked, when it would be too late.

But they sure won't just come to you and let you kill them.

Endless discussions along with your own immature post showed that your suggestion is unacceptable and it's made from a one-sided perspective with frags in mind. The other suggestions made inhere have been noted, and if there's anything else that hasn't been brought to the table yet, i suggest you PM me to reopen the topic. For now, it's
CLOSED

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: