Dear Newerth Community,
For 2-3 weeks, a concertated effort has been made to solve and improve melee in XR RC3, as well as boost overall FPS performance (full story here
). The feedback from you guys has been very positive, and this has given a fresh impulse to the XR dev team. So with Xmas jut 2 weeks away now, it is time for some announcements that will make you look forward to your chimney sock! For starters, Daemon has concocted a *very special* surprise for December 15th!
- You will receive the update automatically, suffice to say that it will put you in the spirit of Xmas!
(If you don't have it, for some reason, you can download it here
and save it in your /game folder) XR 1.0 release is now scheduled for December 25th!
- XR 1.0 will contain quite a few visual effects improvements, some new props and npcs!
- A completely recoded build/mine anim system, check this video
- A great increase in modding commands (see here
- Integration of Python, with a powerful game API: o
The Bots AI available completely OpenSource as Python scripts. o
Direct access to game stats, for uploading to a private website. o
And a lot more possibilities!!!
- And of course, the melee and performance fixes from the past few weeks!  Finally, so no-one is left out, an XR content patch will also be released for SFE!
- The SFE2 path will contain an auto-updater like XR, so that new content can be added all the time.
- Everyone will be able to enjoy playing XR maps with new props, physics and triggers on the public servers!!
We hope that you will be thrilled by the news!
Yours Truly, The XR Dev Team.