Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2019, 07:14:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189811 Posts in 10979 Topics by 18369 Members
Latest Member: hrjfimmdz
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  New tech line for Savage XR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New tech line for Savage XR  (Read 18939 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:35:06 pm »

Hey here's my list for improving/evolving Savage. It consists of adding stuff, not changing stuff. Stuff which won't be forced upon anyone, of course. Servers would have a cvar that enables or disables the "extended" version.

After XR 1.0 is done, and Savage Heroes is done, i plan on starting to add a new tech line to both races. ATM, plans are as follows:

- thanks to the new GameScript commands (!changeunit specifically, which allows the player to retain their items even if changing to another unit), along with the new field shops code (which allows different supplies of items in shops placed around the map, HoN style) we will be able to have the player enter dedicated buildings, BUY A VEHICLE and/or items, and automatically spawn IN THE SAME PLACE he entered the shop from, and instantly turn into the vehicle he bought. After leaving the vehicle, the player will get back to the unit + the items he had before entering the vehicle.

Possible new buildings, units and items, the final list not done yet, much depending on feedback and balancing and silverback capabilities + the ability to code the new features.

Humans
Technology: Mechanics. A new constructable building, looking like a factory/workshop with a launch pad.

Vechicles (Units):

1. A fast one-man vehicle like a bike, trike or quad, with a forward, fixed weapon, possibly machine gun.
2. A Mech, a one-man 2 legged armored vehicle (much like a Star Wars walker), with a couple of different weapons: short range, weaker chaingun and some kind of mortar/launcher/cannon with siege capabilities.
3. An APC (armored personnel carrier). Model already existing. Should be able to load up a number of players and transport them to destination. Unarmed, but heavily armored.
4. A battle platform. Probably a slow, tracked vehicle, with rotating weapon that can be manned by a player, and a few spots for passengers which should be able to shoot while traveling, and get on and off at anytime.

Items
1. Deployable turret. Small, automated defensive turret which behaves much like any tower.
2. Rearming station. Starsiege Tribes style, small field supply depots where you can rearm and resupply specific items/weapons.
3. Repair robots. Fixed, small robots that can slowly fix vehicles, including old siege ones.

These units will not be very large or very strong. Fire will still be able to kill most of them, since they'll be all made of wood, like catas/ballis. They will probably be vulnerable to melee more, being rather unable to defend at close range, some more than others, and they won't have 1-shot-1-kill projectiles.

Beasts
Technology: Morphing. A new constructable building, looking like a Starcraft spawning pool.

Vechicles (Units):
1. Roller. A small, organic, flaming ball, which rolls over the terrain, with a weaker but permanent fire-buff, damaging whatever it comes into contact with.
2. Spawner. A lizard that can cyclically create smallish minions, which attack the enemies around their master.
3. Glider. A slow, heavy hovering unit (only an illusion, never actually leaves the ground), with a mid ranged siege weapon, designed to fill the gap between Behe and Summoner.
4. Hive. A very weak and slow, mobile spawning point.

Items
1. Ether. Item which allows walking through buildings for a very, very short amount of time. Prolly no further than 1 tower.
2. Stone Skin. Item which turns the user into 'stone' for a short time, being invulnerable or close to, while unable to move or attack.
3. Polymorph. After enabling it, you turn into the unit you point your x-hair at, and turn back after a while or after being hit.

As with the beast "vehicles", the players won't be able to leave them. They would have to be brought back to base where the players can get their old units back.

-----
For now, my intention is to add only a limited amount of units of each tier. The lower the tier, the more you can have at the same time. 3 ATVs, 2 Mechs, 1 Transport and 1 Battle Platform. Mohican suggested it should be the comm that builds them like workers, and the vehicles spawn around the factory, ready for players to ride them with the E key. Maybe we'll have hums do it this way, and beasts having to pay for their own units...

Faun
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25:26 pm »

Daemon are you a Battlezone Veteran?
UnnamedNewbie(20)
Official Newerth.com Troll

Z0MG INVITE FOR MY! I POOR FAMALY NEED DOTA MONEY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:30:09 pm »

Savage 2 and HoN inc

Quote from: Trigardon
what am I know? A stupid asshole? Always been.
Quote from: Tjens
very ncie sig
Quote from: a ! M b O T*
//offtopic rly nice sig newbi lol
Quote from: UnSaFe
I intended to make the same sig[/
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:57:47 pm »

adding it on to savage will be pointless; remembering Extreme Savage failed (how many people actually played it more than 5 games?). If you want this to succeed you will probably need to advertise it as a new game or likewise  Undecided
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 12:54:04 pm »

The immature bitching, cheap shots and general lack of respect that is shown by a fair number of people in this community makes me sick sometimes. It's truly amazing to me what a little bit of anonymity does for giving "cowardly lions" a brave face. As my dearly departed grandma used to say to me, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Censor your attitudes people before I start doing it for you.

Thanks.

Mooseeeeey
NUBS

is Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 07:58:07 pm »

I think a really cool addition to the mechanics thing would be like being able to pick whch weapons go on your vehicle, and with the beasts you could pick what weapon your minion things have.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 08:00:41 pm »

Yeah, pretty nice one for the minions, at least Smiley. He could spawn melee fighters, ranged units or some tiny-ass kamikaze bugs Smiley.

-Kerberos-

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:30:12 am »

Some of ur ideas sound good, but really, I don't like the idea to make Savage even more ranged based game.
Melee is the reason why I play Savage instead of CS or unreal tournament.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 11:04:42 am »

Some of ur ideas sound good, but really, I don't like the idea to make Savage even more ranged based game.
Melee is the reason why I play Savage instead of CS or unreal tournament.

You know it won't make it to any NSL. Would be just for fun.

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 10:41:40 am »

The immature bitching, cheap shots and general lack of respect that is shown by a fair number of people in this community makes me sick sometimes. It's truly amazing to me what a little bit of anonymity does for giving "cowardly lions" a brave face. As my dearly departed grandma used to say to me, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Censor your attitudes people before I start doing it for you.

Thanks.

UnnamedNewbie(20)
Official Newerth.com Troll

Z0MG INVITE FOR MY! I POOR FAMALY NEED DOTA MONEY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 02:38:18 pm »

Wondering how much more mods it will take, till someone gets, that nobody will be playing them for more than 1 or 2 weeks.

Quote from: Trigardon
what am I know? A stupid asshole? Always been.
Quote from: Tjens
very ncie sig
Quote from: a ! M b O T*
//offtopic rly nice sig newbi lol
Quote from: UnSaFe
I intended to make the same sig[/
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:49:54 pm »

Wondering how much more mods it will take, till someone gets, that nobody will be playing them for more than 1 or 2 weeks.

How many mods must a man create... surely another good song from bob dylan if he would make it.

Anyways, I have to say that the idea itself is good, but prolly for the wrong game?

Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »

There is a small crowd of people who regularly plays Samurai Wars and Extreme.
Just for the sake of those people, it was worth spending time on the mods.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 04:01:44 pm »

Sorry to break it to you like this, but everybody dies eventually. Games and mods do that, too, including Savage. So if Savage will die, eventually, why wait, shouldn't we just put it out of its misery right now, and just closed down everything, servers and all, just because they won't live forever?

I think that if properly implemented, certain new ideas can add to Savage's replayability. A bunch of new units like a Mech would make me have more fun than with the same old stuff.

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 08:01:49 pm »

So if Savage will die, eventually, why wait, shouldn't we just put it out of its misery right now, and just closed down everything, servers and all, just because they won't live forever?

Even though it was sarcastic, I'd rather see this happen than watching it go further downhill

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: