Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2019, 02:43:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189817 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18373 Members
Latest Member: djeikeert
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  New tech line for Savage XR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New tech line for Savage XR  (Read 18953 times)
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 01:00:17 pm »

look good but what does it do in terms of melee/ranged/building?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 02:57:36 pm »

Not sure yet, but i'm thinking giving it a rocket launcher for the right hand and a shield for the left one. If possible, it would have the(/a special) ability to raise the shield in front of him and maintain it for longer periods of time, like 5 seconds, so it can take some heat behe style in the front line. Also it would have a slow turning speed, a little faster than ballis do, and no side stepping/strafing.

As for melee, i'm thinking of giving it some kind of circular saw blades for both hands, always spinning, and after blocking, it would have a very quick 1-2 combo with the right and then left hand, looking a bit like throwing jabs a training bag.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2010, 03:06:41 pm »

is there a cool down on the shield or is it one shield and when its gone its gone?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2010, 04:40:48 pm »

I'm awaiting suggestions Smiley.

JustSomeNewb
JustSomeTextureEditingIdiot

Life's a bitch. Get use to it.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 08:28:24 pm »

Hey, sounds real cool, but i would say that you need to make a kind of workshop for the, where the commander must order the build of one of the vehicles, as they would be to large to simply get in stronghold.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2011, 08:56:53 pm »

Quote from: Daemon
Humans
Technology: Mechanics. A new constructable building, looking like a factory/workshop with a launch pad.

Maybe something like this:
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-garage-small/288439
or this:
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-garage-big/288437
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:03:29 pm by Daemon » Logged

JustSomeNewb
JustSomeTextureEditingIdiot

Life's a bitch. Get use to it.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »

the second one looks cooler i think
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 09:51:35 pm »

Hey Daemon, that's a cool plan you got there. Some things got my attention:

4. Hive. A very weak and slow, mobile spawning point.
As with the beast "vehicles", the players won't be able to leave them. They would have to be brought back to base where the players can get their old units back.

I don't know what were you thinking, but please don't tell me that the Hive is controlled by a field player  Cheesy
Who would morph into a slow, unarmed spawning point, then go wait in some tactical location let's say for 10 long minutes untill someone finally destroys you?  Huh I'd personally be bored to death, no offence. So pls make it only buildable and controllable by the commander, much like it would be a worker.

1. Ether. Item which allows walking through buildings for a very, very short amount of time. Prolly no further than 1 tower.

What happens when the time is up and you're still inside of some building? Should you stay there immobilized and be able to melee... or should you get instagibbed? I think that instagib is the one and only option. Otherwise unshielded buildings like forward garrisons would absolutely have no chance of surving as the beasts would melee/sac them down from inside  Grin
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 04:31:22 am »

As i've said, i haven't worked out the exact details, that's why i made this topic, to gather suggestions. But yes, re-materializing inside a building should kill you on the spot.

As for the hive, just as more often than not, human players are willing to travel across the map, wait for minutes for the right opportunity and then start building on a sneak garr with lego, even, i'm sure there will be some team players who would give up precious time for the team effort instead of frags Smiley.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:52:36 am by Daemon » Logged

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 11:45:42 am »

As for the hive, just as more often than not, human players are willing to travel across the map, wait for minutes for the right opportunity and then start building on a sneak garr with lego, even, i'm sure there will be some team players who would give up precious time for the team effort instead of frags Smiley.

Well yeah, there are always the "pacifists" who rather teamplay as a healer or as a basebitch. On the second thought, I could do it gladly too. If I needed a small break, I could just grab some food and drink, drive my hive to it's destination and have a picnic while i'm there  Cheesy  And still efforting my team Wink
NightFox

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »

Another idea would be a whole new tech line for both teams. Only choosing one tech line to work from may give you some good ideas on some new weapons, units, or players.

You could possibly do for humans a gravity tech line since human tech seems to be based on scientific discoveries. 2 new items that could be researched could be (1) some kind of item that pulls beast units toward you a little so when they leap in at you and try to leap away they cant leap back as far. It could be like the sixth sense item where as long as you are alive and it is equipped it constantly runs. It would be a slight pull towards the player wearing it not something that yanks a beast player towards a the human player and hold them captive. It could be the item that costs 200 stone (2) There could be a push item that you can only use 2 times and it could push beast units way from you. This could be used in different situations such as pushing behes/saccers/and other units away from buildings or preventing them form getting to the buildings. The push woul dhave to be significant but not too big that it blows them back a mile. This could be the item that costs 300.

I have not thought of weapons for this tech line yet but they would obviously be gravity themed.

For beasts since they are a magic based tech line you could do some kind of water tech line with water items and water weapons. I did not think the beast one through too much but i will think it through a bit more when i have time.

I one new tech line with some neat items and weapons and a new buff for each team would make for a great upgrade in the game. IT wouldn't change the feel too much it would force new strategies and a whole bunch more. It would make new counters to existing strategies and it wouldn't compromise the savage feel. 

Rostner
The Grapist

I'm gonna grape you in the mouth!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 08:32:08 pm »

I really like your idea for the gravity items/weapons, Nightfox!!! Looking forward to your ideas for weapons for this tech line, and the water tech line as well. Cheesy

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 08:36:44 pm »

"Pushing" is very buggy in silverback, so that's probably not going to happen - unless that part is fixed/rewritten.
Just a fair warning so you know.
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 01:22:47 pm »

"Pushing" is very buggy in silverback, so that's probably not going to happen - unless that part is fixed/rewritten.
Just a fair warning so you know.

Definetely not in XR1.0.
But my vision of XR2.0 fits nicely with this kind of techline.

NightFox

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 04:47:17 pm »

So I had some time to give my idea some more thought and here is the Humans Tech line laid out in full. (this is a lot of typing so beast will come later)

Humans: Gravity Tech Line (colors black with dark purple outline): Items: (1) The first item (costing 200 stone) to research would be a gravity field. What this does is for a certain amount of time you would be shielded from beast ranged weapons such as the strata weapons and summoner attacks. This could be a good counter to the summ whoring and temp/lightning attacks since players like to sit back . It would be very similar to the beasts storm item that shields beasts from all chem attacks and mines. (2) The push item (costing 300 stone). This would be as i explained before, an item that you could only carry 2 of that pushes beast units away from the player who is using the item in the direction directly opposite of when it is used. It should not push players too far you don't want them flying around the map. But enough power so that it sets a decent distance from the player using the item so he/she can bide themselves some time. This item could also be a good counter to the behe trains that demolish human defenses. It could be used to push a behe back far enough so that you can get a couple more second of shooting in and maybe some more units spawn. It could help counter sac rushes if humans could push back saccers causing some of them to detonate early seeing as they were pushed back a bit possibly twice. it would bide the commander more time to build defenses or set up a sneak garrison.

The cost for the Gravity field (item 1) could be somewhere around 800-1000 gold since it is only 1 item to buy. the cost for the push item could be 500 gold per item bought.

The Gravity weapons (color dark purple or black looking kinda like what someone would imagine anti-matter to look like):Lvl(1) This could be a new design. It could look like a hollow black or dark purple cone starting at a point and growing. It is hard to explain the vision i have in my head for this. If you would liek some more explainaition let me know. It would have a short range like the scatter gun or the tourch gun  Lvl (2): like the entropy lvl 1 it could be a black ball doing more damage a little less than a rocket or mortar except no splash damage. It could help in taking down siege units. and having the same properties as the entropy level 1. Obviously the graphic effects would look less magic and more clean cut like a ball of energy. Lvl (3) this could be like the lvl 2 gravity weapon but with the same damage as the rockets with no splash damage.

With the buff and tower i was thinking of leaving them out of it. If you wanted a buff it could repel units away from a player as for the tower it could shoot slow the movement of units down around it makingit more difficult for saccer to run pass the tower or behes to rush into the base.The tower would nto be able to shoot at all. It would be similar to a shield tower. taking 4 hits with summ to knock down without being shielded and have a range for the slowing of units to be maybe half or 1/3 that of the actual shield tower.

I did my part to boost up the humans and give them more options and a better chance to go on the offensive. what are your thoughts savage community Huh Smiley

beast water tech line coming soon
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:50:00 pm by NightFox » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: