Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 03:46:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189879 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18418 Members
Latest Member: jo40_km
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Invalid sv frame_+command problem..please help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Invalid sv frame_+command problem..please help  (Read 2808 times)
ass****

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:19:12 pm »

Hey...
i got 2 major problem's...i recently installed new XR virsion of savage..i get 2 problems
1) when i take commander... and when game needs to start...(the map loadout) than it just get stuck..for long time..i need to reconnect..and by the time i do people curse me for bailing..i wanna comm..so help me

2) i get this INVALID SV FRAME shit on my console...u say its problem with internet but i have no problems with internt nowhere else..i also play WOW and got no problems anywhere..only on savage weird laggs that make me die..especially when there are too much stuff on map
Please i would appreciate help
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 10:25:29 pm »

What are your PC's specs?
OS. Hardware. Connection. Things like that.
Also be so kind as to search your debug.log (after closing Savage) for any errors, warnings or messages concerning this problem and mention them here. (You could also upload the complete debug.log, but then no one might want to read through it all without any hints of timing.)
Trikitiger
F***ING KICKASS Top Ten Shaman!

F*** the K/D ratio, Healing is where it's at.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:02:28 pm »

1) Definitely a hardware thing if it'll take WoW and not Savage. I would also check your connection settings in your System Options panel. If you have max packet size set to 1536+ (higher than that number) Then you'll get artificial packet loss which will cause you to lock-up in the map load-out. I did the exact same thing, setting it to 2048, then 2000, and I was locking-up at the map load-out. A good number is the default 1000, to a maximum of 1250 (this also depends on your hardware). Also be sure that your Net BPS isn't higher than the default, having it higher than the default can cause map load-out problems as well, another thing that I messed around with and had horrible results.

2) I would check these two posts for some information:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php?topic=11542.0
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1622.0

Same problem, but the second topic doesn't give a solution (However it does explain the problem in a bit more detail)

2 -continued) I would suggest setting your connection settings to their defaults and see if that will fix the problem. Like I said, setting them too high will cause artificial packet loss, which as described by the posts I said to check out, leads to the SV INVALID FRAME problem. ^_~

---
For the most part, it's exceptionally helpful if we knew your OS, Hardware, and connection, because Savage likes to do funny things on Windows 7 and Vista, and not only that, if you have low-end hardware, it may be causing packet loss (like using old windows 95 hardware which won't work that well with Savage). And Connection is mostly looking at Dial-up, DSL, or Wireless. Wireless isn't too friendly with online gaming, so definitely try a hard-wired connection if you suspect it to be a wireless problem.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:05:10 pm by Trikitiger » Logged

--- Top 10 best Shaman! WHOO! ---

Helping XR Completion --- Starting after Capstone --- Agreed to help out with model making for main units
ass****

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 01:18:14 pm »

thx for the help guys..but amm u gotta be more specific..i barely understand how to do anything u said...im not much good in computers so i have no idea what u talking about
ass****

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 01:33:07 pm »

Net bps is 20000
net frame per second is 20
and max packet size is 1360..
all this is default...what should i change and to what
Trikitiger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 01:44:51 pm »

and max packet size is 1360..

Try setting your max packet size to 1000 and see what happens. As I said, the bigger that number is, the more likely it is to give you artificial packet loss. And also, your Operating System, and Hardware is helpful knowledge as well (by the Net BPS, I can tell it's DSL XP). A Max packet size of 1000 may be a bit small (You can go to 1024 if you like), but I have yet to have map loading problems at that packet size.

Helping XR Completion --- Starting after Capstone --- Agreed to help out with model making for main units
ass****

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 02:53:57 pm »

still aint good..ive changed it to 1024...and still invalid sv frame
Trikitiger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 06:29:14 pm »

still aint good..ive changed it to 1024...and still invalid sv frame

then it's definitely OS/Hardware issue, and has to do with computer settings and components. Make sure your drivers are up-to-date (software based, but deals with how your computer handles the hardware), and let us know your Operating System and hardware so that anyone else with the same/similar experiences can help out.

ass****

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:57:49 pm »

intel core TM 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz
memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
windows vista operating system
geforce 9800 gtx  video card

now what do i do?
AloN
Infinite Tranquility.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 06:36:30 pm »

Vista?! ugh.. Try moving to windows 7, also I recommend update your GFX drivers..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: