Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 03:11:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189886 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  PuG Cup
| | | |-+  2010 (Locked)
| | | | |-+  PUG Cup, remaining match-ups
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PUG Cup, remaining match-ups  (Read 72530 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2010, 03:55:04 pm »

It's the wiki and other sites' definition of the system. Spearwolf did not list anything beyond "THIS IS A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT", with no unnecessary exceptions and definitions.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2010, 05:55:21 am »

First off, sad Haika, sad.
Just because you have a ridiculously high impression of your boss, doesn't make him correct. Smiley Maybe he'll promote you soon, keep up the "good" work!

Secondly, your newest posts make it clear that you have no clue about how tournaments and matches work, TheBattle. Poor you - must be tough leading a clan when you're clueless. (Will Haika come defend his boss again despite the cold hard facts? Wink Let's wait and see.)

Thirdly, Daemon is a Newerth Admin. As long as you roam Newerth's forum, you are obligated to abide by the rules. If you don't, Mein, you soon will receive your next ban - not just a week this time.

As Daemon already mentioned, he very well is involved with the NSL4. Not just as a clan participant, but as a Newerth admin - one of many that together with the trio are discussing the rules to be battle ready once this Pug Cup ends. Why is this necessary? Because Feathers thought copy-pasting NSL3's messy rules and removing half of them makes up an efficient set of "new" rules. The current NSL4 rules looks nothing like what Feathers suggested at the beginning.

See you on sunday, literally.
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2010, 07:57:39 am »

Aww man, I have such a cool joke in my mind for Hakugei right now but if I tell it he will change it to his favorite gay pink color and I will get a ban. Sad

Anyways, I am neutral on this drama. On one hand, there are these bullshit DE rules which state that the finals may be played twice (not necessarily) but reinforced by Spearwolf's statement that every clan should lose twice. On the other hand, if we compare the number of matches DA had (including the draws - holy shit!) with the number of matches LoL had, it seems quite laughable and pretty unfair to even continue this huge waste of time while LoL stood low and comfy waiting for us to finally win after so many draws. Then again, even if it is unfair for us to have so many cws while LoL had so few (like 3?) it would also be unfair for them to have to lose only once.

DA worked hard to reach this far and we certainly won't give up now because the rules are against us. Let's get this over with. Prepare yourselves bitches! (and hopefully we won't get another draw.  Cheesy)

P.S. Sis is coming, right? RIGHT!?  Evil

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2010, 08:23:43 am »

If DA had beat DeMo the first time, you wouldn't have had this many matches. :p
And draws hardly count as "matches" in the grand scheme. Those could have been avoided by either winning (hah) or playing a tiebreaker right away (instead of repeat the same match over and over for 5 weeks - ring a bell?).

NSL4 isn't going to be DE. Never again will something be DE.
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2010, 08:52:44 am »

If DA had beat DeMo the first time, you wouldn't have had this many matches. :p

Not every clan had Lucky in it. Tongue

And draws hardly count as "matches" in the grand scheme.

I don't care how you count them. Those still represent used up weeks no matter how you put it. EVEN if we just ignore the obvious fact that we had to do a heck of a lot more than LoL, we still had to do a lot to reach the finals (comparatively speaking of course). Personally, I blame the DE rules for this.

or playing a tiebreaker right away (instead of repeat the same match over and over for 5 weeks - ring a bell?).

In my opinion, tiebreakers aren't only unfair but also unavailable as a solution for some. Not everybody has the time to continue playing after two matches. I guess it also depends on the length of those two matches.

Amen to that.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2010, 09:51:53 am »

do you mind stop mentioning me.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2010, 10:11:35 am »

Personally, I blame the DE rules for this.
Yep...I agree.

In my opinion, tiebreakers aren't only unfair but also unavailable as a solution for some. Not everybody has the time to continue playing after two matches. I guess it also depends on the length of those two matches.
Yeah, I don't think tiebreakers are fair, either. Two races. Various different maps. Time limits. Etc. Best would be playing human vs human on an even/duplicate/mirrored map!
But in either case, you can't blame anyone else than yourself for constantly drawing. :p

Amen to that.
Huzzah!

I will stop mentioning you once you stop trying to take over things. Deal?
The Battle

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2010, 10:28:56 am »

@Hakugei

U can better stop talking before we cancel the match sunday. If some1 dont know the rulez then its u. What I already post more then 10 times is that LoL played in week2 vs FoX and playing in week 3 a tiebreak because week 2 was a draw. This mean u played 1 less week. Who said that u didnt had a lose with playing one more week? And btw what spear said: NO DRAW ALLOWED in a DE.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:30:52 am by The Battle » Logged
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2010, 11:00:04 am »

I will stop mentioning you once you stop trying to take over things. Deal?
explain?
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2010, 11:42:08 am »

U can better stop talking before we cancel the match sunday. If some1 dont know the rulez then its u. What I already post more then 10 times is that LoL played in week2 vs FoX and playing in week 3 a tiebreak because week 2 was a draw. This mean u played 1 less week. Who said that u didnt had a lose with playing one more week? And btw what spear said: NO DRAW ALLOWED in a DE.

I don't care if you cancel - it's you forfeiting then. Why would I care...? You'd only shoot yourself in the foot. I think the rest of DA wouldn't want to forfeit just because their leader is stubborn.

Week2-3 is Spearwolf's mistake. Go whine to him. He didn't want to wait another week, so he moved things along. PM him. Complain to him. Besides that, why didn't you complain to him during week3 about it? (I keep telling you that - stop ignoring it.) And FoX vs LoL wasn't a draw - it ended in LoL's victory.
How often did you draw already? Wink According to you draw = lose. If we were to use your logic, DA lost 4 times by now.

Considering how long everyone had to wait because DA kept drawing, it's unfair of you to blame LoL for one delayed week.

Once more: week2-3 is Spearwolf's mistake. Anyone could have complained back then that he's skipping a week. No one did.
UnnamedNewbie(20)
Official Newerth.com Troll

Z0MG INVITE FOR MY! I POOR FAMALY NEED DOTA MONEY

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2010, 12:42:35 pm »

Both forfeit, 3rd wins!

Quote from: Trigardon
what am I know? A stupid asshole? Always been.
Quote from: Tjens
very ncie sig
Quote from: a ! M b O T*
//offtopic rly nice sig newbi lol
Quote from: UnSaFe
I intended to make the same sig[/
Haika
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2010, 12:45:38 pm »

First off, sad Haika, sad.
Just because you have a ridiculously high impression of your boss, doesn't make him correct. Smiley Maybe he'll promote you soon, keep up the "good" work!

Secondly, your newest posts make it clear that you have no clue about how tournaments and matches work, TheBattle. Poor you - must be tough leading a clan when you're clueless. (Will Haika come defend his boss again despite the cold hard facts? Wink Let's wait and see.)

Thirdly, Daemon is a Newerth Admin. As long as you roam Newerth's forum, you are obligated to abide by the rules. If you don't, Mein, you soon will receive your next ban - not just a week this time.

As Daemon already mentioned, he very well is involved with the NSL4. Not just as a clan participant, but as a Newerth admin - one of many that together with the trio are discussing the rules to be battle ready once this Pug Cup ends. Why is this necessary? Because Feathers thought copy-pasting NSL3's messy rules and removing half of them makes up an efficient set of "new" rules. The current NSL4 rules looks nothing like what Feathers suggested at the beginning.

See you on sunday, literally.

Dude, you dont get anything do you? You way my posts are wrong, when they cant be prooven wrong. Like The Battle never intentionally broke a rule, how can you say im not right?
"Retorical question"

2nd. The promotitionstuff was either a try to somehow insult me or an idiotic strange quote. To your info, me and battle have been talking about the leadership. And battle is doing fine on his own, no need for company. Certainly fame is not my goal, not on a computergame, you must be stoned. If it was ment as an insult this is my answer: -.-

Now. You are calling battle clueless for seing the situation from another perspective, another angle and whatsoever more. If you define protecting your own clan from unfairness clueless, well, then you are correct, then he sure is shitload clueless. If you define subjective arrogant and unfriendly amongst others and does not understand that when two parts are included in one problem, there are different ways to understand the situation, as clueless(of which i do). Then you sure not are the one to speak.

Lets try to explain this with few words:

1. if fairness decides, DA would have won.

2. It doesnt, there is a DE system and a fucked up leaguesystem that fairness is not welcome.

3. DA accepts that, even thou they dont like it.

4.Even thou its the most "clueless" thing DA have ever done, we are up for a rematch.

5.You got your point, yet still you are whining and trying to provoke. You fail pretty hard, now see you on sunday.

@Feathers - Dont care much about what they say, ty for trying to retain fairness despite the fact that you like eoN.
@Spearwolf - No need to flame this guy for arranging a bad league, at least he arranged one, and the minority of this little shithole of a community has the guts to initiate arrangments.
@Mein - keep having your points, i dont see anything bad with them, atleast not in this topic.
@Winter - I jerk out to your name.
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 30, 2010, 12:51:37 pm »

Can you people just shut the fuck up now? Everything has been arranged already. No need for extended fuss. Plus, Hakugei is not even in the Pug Cup.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2010, 12:54:48 pm »

Can you people just shut the fuck up now? Everything has been arranged already. No need for extended fuss. Plus, Hakugei is not even in the Pug Cup.

he is, daemon signed him in a few days ago
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2010, 02:10:53 pm »

As it seems that the issue at hand has been resolved, locking this thread to avoid further pointless flaming.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: