Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 07, 2020, 08:04:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189971 Posts in 10997 Topics by 18478 Members
Latest Member: CharlesErons
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  map problems due to sep
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: map problems due to sep  (Read 3543 times)
Goodie Bag

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:48:31 pm »

Just a few questions here. Hopefully I can get some help as I am less than a noob in scripting. This is my reasons for posting:

I spent many weeks designing a map using the savage editor and found I enjoy making maps. Before sep, I could upload my map to my online storage and run the dedicated server and Goodies Savage Server would show in the list and people would join and play and help me find problems that needed fixing.

My map.
http://home.comcast.net/~od5463/savage/me2.s2z
http://home.comcast.net/~od5463/savage/me2_overhead.jpg

First...When I host this map on my server now, I dont get the "sent heartbeat".
When I use SEP files in my savage, then I get "sent heartbeat" and Goodies Savage Server shows on the list but NO ONE gets the map and overhead download from my URL. Can I fix this? And if I can, would someone explain how?

Second...Sep makes Goodies Savage Server HvB and I would rather Host HvH.
Can I fix this? And if I can, would someone explain how?

Third...(PRE SEP) Using the above URL, I load my map and I have a prebuilt foward garrison inside a fenced area for team 1 and team 2. Spawning to these garrisons, places the characters inside a PvP area on the oppisite side of the fence of the garrisons. I designed the map this way so that the garrison is enterable from outside the fence. OK? But when I use SEP files to host the map, spawning at these garrisons places the characters inside the fenced area and no access to the PvP area. HELP! Maybe someone could load my map with NO SEP files and try the forward garrisons. And then load my map using SEP files and see for yourself. I would really like an explaination as to why this strange phenominon(sp) happens.

Forth...I have tried the map editor in the savage with SEP and I can't seem to make that one work at all. Maybe I am Just too much noob for Map design =(

I have other maps I am currently working on and would like to host them online for players to try. However, I am not liking what SEP is doing to My Savage. ie ... no server on list unless I use sep, forced HvB, and changes to my maps.

Thanks for your time and keep up the great work. Savage Is A Kick Ass Game!
Also, I paid money long ago to be one of the first to try out Savage 2. Whats the News?

Goodie Bag
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:08:15 am by Goodie Bag » Logged

Savage Player since 2003
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 05:32:36 pm »

one thing i will say ... use .JPG and not tga as jpg are smaller and quicker to send through also with the vast amount of maps available it doesnt clog up peoples HDD's

also check the tutorials ... i made them using SEP's map maker so you can learn form that  Afro

the HvH thing there is a code that you put into the map .cfg file but i cant remember what it is  Undecided
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:50:51 pm by Sheepish » Logged

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:28:48 pm »

First...When I host this map on my server now, I dont get the "sent heartbeat".
When I use SEP files in my savage, then I get "sent heartbeat" and Goodies Savage Server shows on the list but NO ONE gets the map and overhead download from my URL. Can I fix this? And if I can, would someone explain how?
edit the "svr_mapurl" variable on your server. (either by changing it in the server.cfg/startup.cfg files in your server's "game" subdirectory, before launching the server; or via svcmd in a savage client connected with the server (cl_adminPassword in the client has to be set to svr_adminPassword of the server))
e.g. "set svr_mapurl http://home.comcast.net/~od5463/link"

Second...Sep makes Goodies Savage Server HvB and I would rather Host HvH.
Can I fix this? And if I can, would someone explain how?
set "sv_team2race" to "human". if you do that while a game is running, you will need to restart the match before the new setting is applied.

Forth...I have tried the map editor in the savage with SEP and I can't seem to make that one work at all. Maybe I am Just too much noob for Map design =(
you will need the console a lot, when working with that one; open it with ctrl+alt+2. use "world name" to load a map, use "save name" to save it.
If you need further help on that editor, have a look at Sheepish's tutorials Wink
I'm a link! Click Me!

Also, I paid money long ago to be one of the first to try out Savage 2. Whats the News?
I personally believe, Savage 2 won't get out before 2009 Tongue
penguin_god

yummy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 07:03:40 am »

lol the beta will in 2009 the game in 3000

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 03:23:36 pm »

Thanks nota you da man Smiley
Goodie Bag

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 07:02:24 pm »

Thanks for the help. I am slowly getting these pieces put together. I realize now, for the most part, this post should be in the server thread.
I found the setting and my mistake and now i can start up my server and connect by IP and play HvH. Afro

I used to be able to run game commands in the Savage Dedicated Console such as p_speed #, and p_gravity # and other simple little tweaks, but with this (sep) console i type in the command window and hit enter but nothing happens.

Whats the fix for this?

When I go to the masterserver web page, I can see my ip (68.59.156.28:11235) in the list and I can see that there is population of 1 (me) however it doesnt show my server name (Goodies Savage Server), it shows, No response from server.

What must I do to fix this?

Also if i try to join my server game using savage WITHOUT sep files, i am blocked and server message says i need sep. I want players to be able to join with or without sep files (like Multiplay UK server).

Thanks again for the help.

Savage Player since 2003
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »

When I go to the masterserver web page, I can see my ip (68.59.156.28:11235) in the list and I can see that there is population of 1 (me) however it doesnt show my server name (Goodies Savage Server), it shows, No response from server.

That means the masterserver cannot connect to your server. Make sure your server/pc has port 11235 UDP and (TCP masterserver somehow wanted that) opened.
Also if i try to join my server game using savage WITHOUT sep files, i am blocked and server message says i need sep. I want players to be able to join with or without sep files (like Multiplay UK server).

set sv_patchftw 0
set sv_NonSEPSpamFrequency 0
set svr_oldClientSlots to 64

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: