Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2020, 04:27:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190045 Posts in 11004 Topics by 18532 Members
Latest Member: Aerith
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Groentjuh's Servers (EU)
| | | |-+  INFO: Groentjuh's & Girls' server
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: Groentjuh's & Girls' server  (Read 40594 times)
Lov4iy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2012, 12:49:22 am »

1. Request to nullify rene moderation privilege on this server  becouse of his paranoidal  judgement and as the reason - kick without warning and a legal reason for kick .I hope administration has the log of game between 2012.01.08 01.00-02.29 AM to see that this request was legal.
2.I also ask to launch a vote for nullifying hes right to moderate on Groentjuh's & Girls' server becouse other people could could have their own  problems with his point of judgment as a referee.
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2012, 11:38:26 am »

1. Request to nullify rene moderation privilege on this server  becouse of his paranoidal  judgement and as the reason - kick without warning and a legal reason for kick .I hope administration has the log of game between 2012.01.08 01.00-02.29 AM to see that this request was legal.
2.I also ask to launch a vote for nullifying hes right to moderate on Groentjuh's & Girls' server becouse other people could could have their own  problems with his point of judgment as a referee.

Great that you state a timestamp. That has absolutely no use to me as the logs do contain only 1 of those on the whole log! I would have rather seen some quote about something unique you or someone else had said. However as it was quickly reported here, I could find the kick in the logs without to much work.

Looking at the logs I can see the following:
You changed your nickname to "whitepower".
<whitepower> not white icon)
<whitepower> Van and revent are black dicks in our team)
** some time passes **
<rene> change ur nick
<rene> u got 30 secs
<rene> LOV
<rene> CHANGE YOUR NICK
*kick*

Looking at the small amount of data and the conversation rene and you had after your kick expired, he kicked you for racism. However I am unable to judge his actions with just logs as they neither state time nor log squad-, team-, spectatorchat and messages. Logs, do lack a lot of information which is sometimes needed to judge the situation. For example I cannot see the clan-icon you used at the time. Because of the lack of information I cannot grant you the request to nullify his privileges. I would like it look closer into this using screen-shots and (client-side) demos, so if you could sent those I will reconsider your request.

The vote you asked for is something that has not happened and will not happen. It's up to the administration of the Groentjuh & Girls server to decide who gets or loses his referee privileges. This will not be done using votes.

I'm requesting newerth users not reply to the complain if they are not the user who has complained, the referee or Groentjuh & Girls administrator. Replies of any users who are not supposed to reply, are delete by me or other newerth moderators.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:40:31 am by Groentjuh » Logged

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2012, 03:33:23 pm »

Can i post my support for rene as a follow ref as i was on the server at the time and back rene's kick for what was racism. in fact it was rene kicking him and not me cause rene typed it faster.

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2012, 10:19:55 pm »

i've the screenshot of kick which at least shows me i've given lov4iy around 3 minutes after warning till kick yet he ignored them. Reason was racism, lov4iy's defence is "doing it just for fun/troll". I could never let you use racism for self-joyment lov, so i kicked you. there were others refs that witnessed the action, like mox thanks for showing up here  Smiley

edit reason: removing my question due to ingame answer
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:26:21 am by Renegade » Logged

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:28 am »

Before he comes and starts a complaint, i'd like to let you know i kicked lov4iy again for insulting a ref and his race, lol. i got several screenshots if you need some. good day!

Lov4iy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:49 am »

What should i say .... That scum called me ass,idiot and many other bad words before but nobody even tried to say something about that or give him some punishment for this.
 Now this little child using "guns" to solve his own problems .I wanted to say that if this situation will continue 1,2,3,4 or few many times my patience would be over and i  will begin other more dirty game so you had more work .
Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 10:47:28 am »

i didn't bad mouth you several times, no.but i admit i warned you with idiot word in it once. To be exact, it was this "Don't siegespawn as a commander, idiot." i've the screenshot of that sentence and the very polite responces from you afterwards. What is there so hard to understand, play along the rules, don't get on anyone's nerves by going against them on purpose, because you've years of experience on server's rules and all, you won't be tolerated like a new player is. Would you mind mentioning how you were telling  a ref to "suck/lick/blow my c***/d***/a**" after i warned you about a rule, before you call me a kid. Or you need some screenshots perhaps about why you get muted, Oh and afterwards i'd happily post a screenshot of your nickname that got you to be kicked, but i would personally do it in private with skug/groentjuh forums are no place for racism, even for your weak attempts.

edit: i like how you calling me scum while you complain for me about badmouthing? put more effort while playing your nice role, everyone here knows the truth about you and your attitude.. That's another reason why i don't hesitate calling you an idiot when you go against rules..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:09:49 pm by Renegade » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 12:02:53 pm »

Seems rather stupid to threaten that you'll play a dirty game if the refs don't treat you like an all-mighty being. Rolleyes
Lov4iy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 01:18:33 pm »

So many people using bad words but you were doing your job only when i flamed and insulted yuo so i cant say that you djudging properly. And i careless for people who dont know how the Internet works .n y cntr nbd wll pnsh m fr trshng nn UA rsrs wth sm pnch whtwr . I just said thet if yuo will use power gived to you  by solving personal problems to often somebody who gived you that right will have problem .

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 05:16:14 pm »

The name of the poster warrants whatever drastic measures.

Brad_Troika

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2013, 04:32:58 am »

Hi

I was trying to ask a question about my problem about the rules on Groentjuh's forum a month ago but I failed to generate interest so I'll try here.

A minor problem is about rule 7 which is "Players are not allowed to switch teams after the game has started.  | - This can be excepted if either team is heavily outnumbered."
As I understand it (and as Moxy confirmed it) the point of the rule is to disallow players from switching to a winning team however it has been used to "remind" players to stay with team even after 5 minutes or when the game was undecided. Most of the times this was more of a joke than a demand but I've also seen it enforced. So I think a clarification would be good (if I'm right about the point of the rule)

Second is the issue with behecamping.
6. Players are not allowed to camp at spawn locations with siege units. [..]
- Excessively spawning as the behemoth unit, solely for defensive purposes, will be considered camping.

My question is why only punish if it happens "excessively" why not at the first time? As a mostly human player this is the most annoying thing that can happen in game when a behe ruins an otherwise successful attack. (the 2nd being sac rush but there at least you have chance to actually def it). 1 behe can effectively shut down 3 legos demo running at the same time which is ridiculous and imho an exploit. I concede that sometimes players spawn behe to attack and find themselves in a middle of a demo run (in which case I personally reenter sub and choose another unit) but when it happens at lair when beasts have an attacking sub that's not an excuse and should be punished the first time it happens.

I realize the same happens at human side and it should be punished as well. I realize refs can't be everywhere but when they see it they should punish it nevertheless.

Thanks for any response
djinghis
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2013, 07:29:10 am »

The switch team rule should instead have a vote not for even teams but for a dedicated player whos willing to switch teams to have a fair and equal game. I've seen too many times a team reduced to half the players of the opposite and the remaining players have a terrible time and usually and understandably follow suit. If it were possible for a player on team(x) who joins team(y) to call a team or global vote for that player to switch, I think would generate a lot more fair and equal games. Naturally this relies on players having some good qualities and understanding of fair play - nah yeah I'm sure some ppl still exist in the world with that (could be wrong  Tongue).

I think the already detrimental rules to the game mechanics of who/what is camping is hard enough to police as to add the rules to every single instance would be impossible for even 3 refs online at any one time. I've always found a way to deal with siege camping like balista/catapult sitting outside a garrison or behmoths sitting on a flag with changing my game style and targeting those players till the flag is ours or the sub/gar is destroyed or without defence. I think a lot of this is dependant on the map and like anything - teamwork. A possible solution i guess would be to increase the either cost in gold or cost in respawn time to siege spammers, but if there's a will there's a way.
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2013, 03:01:55 pm »

6. Players are not allowed to camp at spawn locations with siege units. [..]
- Excessively spawning as the behemoth unit, solely for defensive purposes, will be considered camping.

It is not really easy to spot when a behemoth solely spawns for defensive purposes. Should referees start slaying every behemoth that spawns when that garrison/spawn flag is under attack? That is not the purpose of that rule. If the "Excessively" word is removed certain people will demand something like that.

Behemoth spawning is really annoying if it is done excessively. That's why there is a rule against it, which allows referees to act.

Hi

I was trying to ask a question about my problem about the rules on Groentjuh's forum a month ago but I failed to generate interest so I'll try here.

A minor problem is about rule 7 which is "Players are not allowed to switch teams after the game has started.  | - This can be excepted if either team is heavily outnumbered."
As I understand it (and as Moxy confirmed it) the point of the rule is to disallow players from switching to a winning team however it has been used to "remind" players to stay with team even after 5 minutes or when the game was undecided. Most of the times this was more of a joke than a demand but I've also seen it enforced. So I think a clarification would be good (if I'm right about the point of the rule)
This rule was formed after people abused the "even team" votes to join the winning team. A player from the outnumbered team or a spec would call an even teams vote and often someone would join the other team, just after the numbers were made even.

It is a rule and therefore can be enforced by a referee, but referees has to memorize 40+ names and their teams to see who switched team... It's a pretty hard rule to enforce, so barely done!

It would also be needed in case a python trigger is made to automatic keep teams the same size. (by for example moving the player who joined the winning team last to the other team!)

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Skuggi

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »

Your are correct. The main purpose of this rule is to prevent players from abandoning a losing team for the winning one. Speaking for myself, I always pick one team at the beginning and stick with that team, even if I get disconnected and am unable to join that team again. However, I understand that players may want to help the losing team if they're unable to join their own, and I'm fine with that. The problem with incorporating that in the rule is defining when a team is "winning" or "losing". Seeing how hard it is to enforce the rule as it is, I don't believe it is worth it.

My question is why only punish if it happens "excessively" why not at the first time? As a mostly human player this is the most annoying thing that can happen in game when a behe ruins an otherwise successful attack. (the 2nd being sac rush but there at least you have chance to actually def it). 1 behe can effectively shut down 3 legos demo running at the same time which is ridiculous and imho an exploit. I concede that sometimes players spawn behe to attack and find themselves in a middle of a demo run (in which case I personally reenter sub and choose another unit) but when it happens at lair when beasts have an attacking sub that's not an excuse and should be punished the first time it happens.

I realize the same happens at human side and it should be punished as well. I realize refs can't be everywhere but when they see it they should punish it nevertheless.

Behemoths are very important units for beasts and what you're proposing would mean they shouldn't be able to spawn when any humans are around spawn-points. I'm not sure if that would work, and referees certainly wouldn't be able to enforce it (pretty hard as it is). Also, beast don't have very effective counters to shield/elec buffed legos, except perhaps snare & blaze but we're talking about a public server here. I am not for banning behe-spawning completely.
Necrofears

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2013, 07:36:28 am »

ok so I will chime in here but first of all

a) I do not play on GnG that often I KNOW.
b) I am not a fan of the no camping rule

HOWEVER if you would like to see what insta killing behes is like please refer to the US server and cross' bias slaying of every behe that spawned near a spawn point and how popular that was.

to your specific example, if you see a demo run and you just happened to spawn as a behe because that was our plan, introduce the demo runner to your tree. I will admit that the behe is not exactly mobile and using a pred MIGHT be a better idea. but this notion that yea I'm going to use a demo on a sublair ALONE and if anyone attacked me I am just going to buff them because it's justified if I am attacking a building (which it debatably is), then OMG no skill behe spawn it's the one thing I can't compensate for with my buffs, kick him. I'm sorry, get a tissue for your issue and get smart about what you are doing. bring a pulse cannon next time.

if there are 3 legos demo running, yea I would use a behe, their fault if no one brought a pulse or maybe ONE of them could have brought a cata.

NOW I believe that this rule was speifically meant to address the assholes that spawn as behe, you pulse them 90%, they enter the sub, carn or heal buff, then come back with a full health behe. those people deserve slays/kicks.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: