Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 10:12:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189886 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  PuG Cup
| | | |-+  2010 (Locked)
| | | | |-+  Week 3: Matchups
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Week 3: Matchups  (Read 39047 times)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2010, 06:00:23 pm »

EvO just doesn't participate in the first place. :p

Same happened to WTO and XIII - pretty much only born for the NSL, but failed, so they started crumbling.
Say what you will, but this is a PUG cup, so "pug" teams shouldn't be too surprising. (Consider ExD a pug team.)

At the same time, it doesn't help to be treated unfairly by the admin - that greatly demotivates a new clan.
New clans need a while to form stability - entering a tournament right off the bat stresses their structure too much.
Well, nothing the tournament can do about it.
Crashbandicoot
Live Or Leave

Are you talking to me?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2010, 07:04:30 pm »

I dont know what intern problems exd had but its always the same with new clans, after something went wrong they give up.

Very true, just look at the past few NSLs/tournys and look at the teams that drop out.
I don't think EvO/DeMo/SoV/eoN has ever dropped out, its the newer teams that do so.

u r so wrong..
Demo barely played nsl 1 , SoV barely played nsl 3 , EvO dropped out before nsl3.

so cutter fu !

DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2010, 08:10:59 pm »

You can't drop out if you never signed up. EvO was inactive, no point in signing up.  Tongue

-Nemesis-
--SoV-- Slave

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2010, 08:19:52 pm »

I dont know what intern problems exd had but its always the same with new clans, after something went wrong they give up.

Very true, just look at the past few NSLs/tournys and look at the teams that drop out.
I don't think EvO/DeMo/SoV/eoN has ever dropped out, its the newer teams that do so.

u r so wrong..
Demo barely played nsl 1 , SoV barely played nsl 3 , EvO dropped out before nsl3.

so cutter fu !

Well but those clans didnt give up and died and still tried to get as much of their players up to give at least a lil bit competition for the opponent clan.

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2010, 10:27:00 pm »

What?

As far as I know, none of them dropped out mid-league.
They didn't play in every season, but that's because they were responsible enough to know that they wouldn't be able to make it through the season, unlike many clans that simply drop out mid-way because of bad organization/leadership.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:51:56 pm by cutter » Logged

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2010, 09:41:13 am »

I made sure that if we were going to play in any of the nsl's we would have enough people playing.
Just so we wouldn't be wasting people's time by not showing up.(which seems to happen with new clans)

And don't think old clans does not have internal problems, we try to solve the problems instead of giving up the clan.
Leadership is what makes a clan survive, if you're a bad leader, the clan will fall.(fast)

Let me put up evo as an example : we were a new clan when the experienced clans like P, DeMo, DW and SoV had been around for years, yes we had issues but we did not give up, and ended up winning the first tourny we played in.(p on second)

So don't come up with any crap reasoning that players are against new clans or some bullshit like that, everyone wants new clans to survive.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:46:14 am by Shagroth » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2010, 10:05:33 am »

So don't come up with any crap reasoning that players are against new clans or some bullshit like that, everyone wants new clans to survive.

Sadly no, I'm telling you that. I actually have better reason but I prefer to not say them right here before another drama starts...

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2010, 11:18:25 am »

Sadly no, I'm telling you that. I actually have better reason but I prefer to not say them right here before another drama starts...
drama starts cause its most likely bullshit

LaDy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2010, 11:34:16 am »

You talk about clans like its a living entity.
A clan is made up of players, and if you got retarded people running a clan, an idiots joining him ofc the clan will fail.

Look at The Battle, living DeMo and creating DA from scratch, and hey its still alive, and still in competiton.

There are plenty of good players out there that does not yet have clan, Pull out some guy with leadership skills, and abit of time and you can make ATLEAST one or two new clans that can live up a whole tourny.

Then we might have about 5 / 6 , maybe 7 clans and that can make a good tourny.
UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2010, 11:54:06 am »

You always got nothing to say, so you give the good ol' "drama" excuse.
Nigga, please.

Crashbandicoot
Live Or Leave

Are you talking to me?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2010, 12:14:46 pm »

ppl are against random clans with random leadership with random nicklamers in. thats simple.If a guy like Englishslug creates a new clan i'm sure nobody is against him.Its true that there are few ppl that can lead a clan nowadays,my usual suggestion is : The leader/founder must be the clan main commander to be sure to rule on cw.Most players plays better and believe in the commander if he is also their leader/founder.
anyway i'm looking forward for a new nsl that may be the last one in savage history,at end of august.(Feathers noob!)

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2010, 01:43:02 pm »

drama starts cause its most likely bullshit

I doubt we will ever agree on that.

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2010, 02:38:25 pm »

Its true that there are few ppl that can lead a clan nowadays,my usual suggestion is : The leader/founder must be the clan main commander to be sure to rule on cw.Most players plays better and believe in the commander if he is also their leader/founder.
anyway i'm looking forward for a new nsl that may be the last one in savage history,at end of august.(Feathers noob!)

Complete BS. The two most longest running clans in savage history, DeMo and EvO, had clan leaders who wern;t commanders. DeMo has had various commanders over the years but i dont believe taggi was ever a clan leader of evo. the current leaders of DeMo (Myself, Dragnarr, Scrapo,) have never commed a cw.

The Battle

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2010, 03:49:09 pm »

Its true that there are few ppl that can lead a clan nowadays,my usual suggestion is : The leader/founder must be the clan main commander to be sure to rule on cw.Most players plays better and believe in the commander if he is also their leader/founder.

Complete BS. The two most longest running clans in savage history, DeMo and EvO, had clan leaders who wern;t commanders. DeMo has had various commanders over the years but i dont believe taggi was ever a clan leader of evo. the current leaders of DeMo (Myself, Dragnarr, Scrapo,) have never commed a cw.

First time that I need agree with CBC.

Anyway I have respect for new clans but EXD was already death before it born. How can u even think its a real clan if there are only nicklamers/traitors/clanhoppers and ringers in the team.
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:21 pm »

And don't think old clans does not have internal problems, we try to solve the problems instead of giving up the clan.
Leadership is what makes a clan survive, if you're a bad leader, the clan will fall.(fast)

This is the (section of a) post I agree 100% with in this thread. And I would know since I'm a crap clan leader, because I just wouldn't be committed to it like many other clan founders are/have now/been. And before anyone asks I have tried twice, and don't intend on trying again.

Incidentally, people need to get out of the "it's not noble" attitude of running clans. I used to be a strict no-nonsense prat in a game with too many rules. Don't fall into the same trap as I did; chill and enjoy the game if you don't want stress.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: