Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2019, 11:08:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18430 Members
Latest Member: Drokkas
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  PuG Cup
| | | |-+  2010 (Locked)
| | | | |-+  Week 3: Matchups
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Week 3: Matchups  (Read 39092 times)
deathrevenge

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 04:53:59 pm »

If someone do cast it plz speak in a way we can understand.
Takz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 07:22:41 pm »

Me and Voldo/someone else would probably be up for it, and I'll have time setting things up instead of having 30 mins. Just give time/date/server
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:18:31 pm by Takz » Logged

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Lucky
Newerth Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 10:42:00 pm »

I could help if you would need some co-shoutcaster  Afro
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 07:26:14 pm »

How about no shoutcasters at all? Tongue

Lucky
Newerth Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 09:22:48 pm »

!!!
How dare you!  Tongue
Takz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 09:50:15 pm »

I don't get why people are so afraid of shoutcasters in their clanwars. There's no possible way of "ghosting" for a team when you shoutcast, there's no time, you'd notice if the shoutcaster went quiet for more than 10 secs.

-Storm of Vengeance-
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 10:03:37 pm »

I don't get why people are so afraid of shoutcasters in their clanwars. There's no possible way of "ghosting" for a team when you shoutcast, there's no time, you'd notice if the shoutcaster went quiet for more than 10 secs.

Or have spies on a vent/TS channel that simply listen to the shoutcast itself. Don't be naive. :p
"Oh, and DA is building a last deperate sneak sub at the top NE corner right behind the tree next to the SH! If DeMo doesn't NOTICE it soon, they'll be in huge trouble!"

Or use one of the desktop/remote access/share programs running. Or have Savage in windowed and a chat client next to it with a silent keyboard.

Or have a friend next to him on a laptop, who uses a chat program to leek information far enough away so his typing isn't heard.

There's a reason why shoutcasters need trust and permission from BOTH clans.
Maybe I'm just paranoid. Hmm. Smiley Or I know certain clans aren't worth trusting.
Takz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 10:07:28 pm »

Why would someone go through the trouble of all that in a game where there is no profit to made from winning? People who believe that are just patethic.

What happened to you Arg, ever since you joined eon way back you turned into such a douche. You really think I would do that? Hell, I still remember when you me and 1destroyer1 would play hour long-games in servers where it was just us 3.

I'm all for fair play in this game, call it "honor", sportmanship whatever, cheating in a game where the is no other driving force than just winning for the sake of winning and having fun is sad.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:12:12 pm by Takz » Logged

-Storm of Vengeance-
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:35 pm »

First, it's eoN and second, you seem oblivious to the fact that people DO cheat in order to win. Especially, you know, well known people and their well known friends.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 10:50:39 pm »

Seems like I hit a nerve, and I didn't even mention you anywhere.
Hmm, you were accused of nothing yet you felt the need to defend yourself. That doesn't make you look too good, Takz. I wasn't implying on you anywhere.

Also, how do you explain DeMo running to admins everytime they lose in a game with "no profits"? Or various people using hacks and adjustments to get an advantage at a game with "no profits"? Or infinite amount of disputes in every league for a game with "no profits"? Again, no one accused you of cheating, yet you felt the urge to defend against it. Why? *shakes head sadly* No one is even talking to or about you. All I did was tell you that there are many ways to cheat, after you said there's "no possible way", hah.

People cheat to win to feel "special" and "dominant". All I said is, don't be a naive optimist.

Ensuring fair play at Savage has nothing to do with "eoN" (especially since I'm clanless) or "being a douche". You just don't like things getting public, thus I urge you to STOP talking about it everytime. Wink If you're innocent, no one will accuse you. If you're not innocent, don't make a big deal out of it to drag attention to yourself.

Does 1Destroyer1 still play? Those were fun times. Though I don't remember playing with you that much, Takz. :p
Lucky
Newerth Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 10:56:58 pm »

Btw DA's you shall trust meh! I already made 2 shoutcasts of your matches  Tongue
UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 11:11:47 pm »

Ooooh drama! I like thiiiis!

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 12:08:09 am »

Your signature disapproves, though. :p

If Takz wants to discuss this, he should PM me and we'll handle this in a civilized private manner. There's no need for Unsafe's hobby.
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 06:27:23 am »

Did I mention a reason? No. Personally, I am fully against shoutcasters. I have my reasons. Still, gotta talk with Battle about this so you can at least hope. Tongue

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 06:32:59 am »

You did hit a nerve, only not the one you think you did cutie Wink. I like doing this shoutcasting thing, even though I have very little experience of it. It's a new thing for me and so far I really enjoy it, so when people tell me I can't and don't give me a valid reason that they can back up, I'll get annoyed. Especially as I only wanna do this for fun and I do it on my own free time, the little free time I have off work, and to let other savage players watch clanwars in case they can't get their hands on a demo of a match. That's all.

And to go back to your main point which was in your first post: I totally agree that both clans need to agree to shoutcasters and that it's up to them, I just don't like it when they say no without giving a valid reason.

And I didn't know you were clanless Arg, obviously it would be hard for me to, I stopped playing savage over a year ago.

Nah, 1destroyer1 doesn't play anymore, altho I talk to him from time to time on msn. And if you don't remember playing much with me, I don't blame you. It was, what feels like, ages ago. +My name wasn't Takz back then I think.

EDIT: Anyhoo, this isn't the topic to be talking about this. If savage players don't want shoutcasters that's fine, if only there was a kickass replay system like in hon but for savage, serverdemos takes too much effort to set up.

oh and @ daemon, I couldn't care less if its EoN, eOn, eoN, or eon.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:58:30 am by Takz » Logged

-Storm of Vengeance-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: