Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 14, 2020, 09:46:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190016 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  PuG Cup
| | | |-+  2010 (Locked)
| | | | |-+  PUG-Cup Admin is biased.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PUG-Cup Admin is biased.  (Read 17801 times)
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 12:22:44 am »

Demos: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmmd4wmbzk3

I'm amazed by the childish behavior being shown to me by a large amount of the community, after taking my free time to organize this bloody tournament.. I mess up once, everyone throws a fit. If i had given ExD the win, DeMo wouldn't of been a bunch of whiny bitches. For the twentieth time, yes, i did mess up. But the evidence is clear, you knew about this. It takes a big man to admit his mistakes. Am I really the only person here who has ever messed up?

One more thing to note, How many times has society failed due to loopholes that are "written down"? Child Rapists, Murderers, etc.. they all get out of jail time for loopholes in the rules. Here, it's about the principle of the thing. You knew about it, and just because it's written in a post i made that i forgot to correct, doesn't mean you deserve the win. And besides, who wants to win under loopholes? We lasted 45 minutes, therefor we deserve a win! What fun is there in that? This game isn't going anywhere, and you are killing the fun over stupidity, and spamming the forums with immature accusations of "Biased Admin". Obviously, I organized this for the wrong reason. Where is everyone's morals nowadays? Is it so easy to hide behind a screen name and accuse and scream and whine when you don't get your way?

Whatever. You be the judges. If you really feel, that i am so "biased" i'll stop being the official admin on the spot and you can ever forget i started this up.

Demos posted, since noone else came forward.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:32:32 am by SpearWolf » Logged

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
XabHippA
|DeMo|

im terribly tough, i really am

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 12:41:40 am »

Wow didn't see a seperate topic was opened for this issue. Sorry Mox for posting this Tongue. I don't think this will do any harm though.

While some of you may have been arguing for some time after the match, I really enjoyed the last 30 minutes of Ivory Coast against Brazil and all the analytics talks around today's matches and football-drama like the French players who refused to train (ZOMG, REAL drama.)

Copied and pasted from the other topic:

I might be wrong, but I remember it like this.
In a match with pretty much no global chat (weird for a clanmatch, isn't it?), somebody asks about 15 minutes after the start of the first game (DeMo beasts, ExD humans): Game takes 45 minutes or hour?.
Immediate response from Spear (teh admin) and WD (the other shoutcaster): Game lasts one hour. Someone asks, are you sure it's isn't 45 minutes? Response: 1 hour. Both teams: okay. (Or atleast noone complained then). That first round was won by
Spoiler (Mouse-Over to read)
ExD
btw.
The problem arose at the second game, where
Spoiler (Mouse-Over to read)
we
won after around 50 minutes or so.

To me it seems rather logical if the first round is played one hour, the second one is too. Ah well, no need to argue about it IMO, for those of you interesting in some e-drama: just watch the shoutcast!

Also, both games were nice, GGs ExD afro Looking forward to playing you again!

PS Sorry for the lame behe-spawn, I was a bit frustrated about the.... WD already mentioned it.... miscommunication on our side and my personal failure Tongue.
PPS next time no savage during a good match like Brazil - Ivory Coast plz.
PPPS Too bad Ivory Coast got beaten Sad
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:01:41 am by SpearWolf » Logged

©eN
biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 01:14:31 am »

Spear, if you said it's 45 minutes in the official rules that everyone can see, then giving a different time in the middle of a match and saying you "forgot to update the official rules" doesn't hold up very well. The written document is what people implicitly agreed to when they signed up, and even if you change the rules (as you reserve the right to do), you have to update the rules that everyone can read.

On the other hand, if both teams agreed implicitly in the match to extend the match, then that match lasts for the amount of time agreed to. However, the second match doesn't seem to have had the same implicit agreement, as the question was never asked nor a change in match length noted.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  G
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 01:22:36 am »

Spear, if you said it's 45 minutes in the official rules that everyone can see, then giving a different time in the middle of a match and saying you "forgot to update the official rules" doesn't hold up very well. The written document is what people implicitly agreed to when they signed up, and even if you change the rules (as you reserve the right to do), you have to update the rules that everyone can read.

On the other hand, if both teams agreed implicitly in the match to extend the match, then that match lasts for the amount of time agreed to. However, the second match doesn't seem to have had the same implicit agreement, as the question was never asked nor a change in match length noted.

Okay, obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:15:53 am by SpearWolf » Logged

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
Ophelia
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 01:49:00 am »

Okay, obviously I don't know what I'm talking about. I quit.

Stop bull-shittin'

This whole thing has done a LOT of good - mistake, or technically, either way, find a resolution in it, and every party involved can move on - reguardless if they get over it, or not.

Don't just puss out and be like "i quit"

You have put a lot of time and effort into it.

Everyone has put effort into either contacting old players, forming clans, getting everyone together for a common interest you took the wheel on.

Don't just shut down over this. That would be some stupid shit Spear.

SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19:07 am »

• Rematch on a Different map
  • Rematch on the Same map
  • One team forfeits, it's double elimination anyway
  • Or, You can trust me and go by what i say instead of whining about it
Those are your choices, DeMo and ExD.

TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator of The Hunterz Clan

Teamwork Enthusiast . . . . Are you in?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 05:09:41 am »

Everyone has put effort into either contacting old players, forming clans, getting everyone together for a common interest you took the wheel on.

I don't post often in these topics, but wanted to say this is true Spear.  This event has done some amazing things in raising activity in the community for the time being, and getting people together, at the very least.  Whatever happened is up to you guys to resolve, but don't break up this event just because of this one-time thing.  Not worth it.

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 06:58:34 am »

I don't post often in these topics, but wanted to say this is true Spear.  This event has done some amazing things in raising activity in the community for the time being, and getting people together, at the very least.  Whatever happened is up to you guys to resolve, but don't break up this event just because of this one-time thing.  Not worth it.

Agreed,

I can't help but feel that all parties involved are forgetting that this is a "friendly" competition. The lack of sportsmanship over this whole issue is a sad indictment that risks marring the whole event. Perhaps it's time for some mature diplomacy?

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 08:17:24 am »

THIS IS WHAT NEWERTH LEAGUES NEED:

===== more than 1 league admin =====

This way, ugly situations can be sorted out with votes. No single admin can make rulings on the fly.

Also, don't you think changing the game time from 45mins to 1h, is a pretty big change? I don't think i would have even signed up for this, the 45 mins rule is not there by accident, long draw are teh shit. This was a big change, was there any reason for it?

raju

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 09:10:43 am »

hey folks.

Yesterday our clan was really pissed may you can understand us. ( new clan win against the strongest clan after evo in the newerth savage gistory)

I didnt read the exd forum yet. Me as the leader from the clan say, we wont play the human match again because it was a win. (in 45 min.)

We can play the beast match again. 1hour match ok. but when we draw it exd won and when demo win the human part, it is a draw. and we will play a tiebreacker.

The whole savage community know that we won against demo and now all see that demo cant lose in a normal way. they need a drama to save their history and wanna be the best.

I liked to play against demo and it was a nie martch

p.s. i dont wanna make a drama and would be happy if we are still online friends. i like the demo clan. (I understand demos but understand the demo clan our clan?)

i dont wanna hear the fucking arguments anymore. (Moxy i asked in the secound game how long the match takes 45 mins. and spear and wardragon answered me no 1 hour. during the secound game you will see it in the demop. and i said lol. aftrer that i watched at newerth and saw that the match only takes 45 mins.)

furthermore we build a worker fron garr at the end of the first match because i though that the game takes only 45 mins. and we won. btw i wanted to draw this after 45 mins because a draw against demo is nice for our clan.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:21:32 am by raju » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 09:18:32 am »

So the rules state 45 minutes a draw.
And the rules state that clans can decide to change it.

This whole discussion is simple -> DeMo show evidence that ExD agreed to play 1 hour.
Spearwolf already said it was his MISTAKE and thus never intended.

Anything else is indeed "biased". This is not the first time DeMo plays dirty.
Takz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 10:39:41 am »

Yes, Spearwolf fucked up with the time. But exd should have disputed it in-game instead of just saying "lol" or "ok". not coming here to the forums to complain about it afterwards.

I fucking hate it how everyone is out to get DeMo and the so called "top" clans instead of just playing the game like it was meant to, the game goes on until either the lair or sh is destroyed or a team concedes, there were no draws before SEP. Same thing constantly happens with EvO, accusing them of using "hacks" to win their games. There was that one thread calling them out openly but otherwise it's all behind their backs and it disgusts me. No sportsmanship anymore, before you'd get everyone on each team say gl and hf and call gg after a game is over regardless of winning or losing. Nowadays people gloat when winning, it's patethic. Should have quit this game after the EULs, community and clans went downhill after that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:43:06 am by Takz » Logged

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 11:07:29 am »

i know i said i wouldnt post again but i just had to reply to him

I didnt read the exd forum yet. Me as the leader from the clan say, we wont play the human match again because it was a win. (in 45 min.)

We wouldn’t ask you too, we lost fair and square.

We can play the beast match again. 1hour match ok. but when we draw it exd won and when demo win the human part, it is a draw. and we will play a tiebreacker.

like i said in my previous post as far as demo is concerned its a draw, so i guess we should go straight to the tie breaker. Until spear tells us otherwise that’s our stance.

The whole savage community know that we won against demo and now all see that demo cant lose in a normal way. they need a drama to save their history and wanna be the best.

Really? Really? come on, yes we wanna be the best, do we want to cheat our way there? fuck no! demo has always tried to play as far as possible in all matches they have played. we don’t care whether we win or lose. I mean of course demo is a competitive clan, and we do want to win. but in the end its meant to be fun.

Having been told in the first game that the round lasts one hour and then in the second game EXD try and cheat us out of a hard earned draw, cause believe me, DeMo knows that was a well hard thought battle and we could of lost, is feeling like a 2 month old clan trying to cheat there way to a win over one of the big boys to try and improve their e-penis. Cause believe me, this is exactly how demo see it. You trying to cheat us out of a hard earned draw.

p.s. i dont wanna make a drama and would be happy if we are still online friends. i like the demo clan. (I understand demos but understand the demo clan our clan?)
I can see somewhat ur clans position in this. Thinking it was 45 minutes and finding out it was 1 hour instead. It must be hard on the clan. However demo do not wish to be punished for a mistake your clan made.

i dont wanna hear the fucking arguments anymore. (Moxy i asked in the secound game how long the match takes 45 mins. and spear and wardragon answered me no 1 hour.

furthermore we build a worker fron garr at the end of the first match because i though that the game takes only 45 mins. and we won. btw i wanted to draw this after 45 mins because a draw against demo is nice for our clan.

WAIT!! What? So you type hear that you admit that exd knew it was 1 hour long, and now are trying to get a win out of demo? only after 45 mins. I’ll re quote what you said here.
(Moxy i asked in the secound game how long the match takes 45 mins. and spear and wardragon answered me no 1 hour.

So exd knew it was 1 hour. Where the fuck do you guys get off then trying to cheat us out of a hard earned draw? Sry but I just lost all respect I had for your clan. This was a draw, no rematch of the second game. Fuck off you trying to cheat!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:24:30 am by Moxy » Logged

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 11:15:54 am »

So the rules state 45 minutes a draw.
And the rules state that clans can decide to change it.

This whole discussion is simple -> DeMo show evidence that ExD agreed to play 1 hour.
Spearwolf already said it was his MISTAKE and thus never intended.

Anything else is indeed "biased". This is not the first time DeMo plays dirty.

sorry to disagree, we never agreed.

As we never asked for a change of time, nor did Demo the game lasts for 45 mins each round.

Also Spear was there as shoutcaster so his function is to shoutcast the match, not change the rules.

Everythign else is biased waht ever that word means

OH WAIT I FORGOT 1 POINT
Moxy just to point out how childish you are. Folks as you all know ExD is useing a demo icon. They told us it is our leaders didn't knew, so we asked for persmission to use it.
Now after that Drama moxy is a little kid and says he will kick us on the server if we keep useing that icon. Even tho he gave us permission to use it.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:34:57 am by -Mein- » Logged

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 11:47:54 am »

on the update fromn meins post. i've talked to groent and he's told me not to kick. so u guys are safe. dosent remove the fact that ur using a demo icon without our permission.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: