Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2019, 11:00:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18430 Members
Latest Member: Drokkas
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  PuG Cup
| | | |-+  2010 (Locked)
| | | | |-+  PUG-Cup Admin is biased.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PUG-Cup Admin is biased.  (Read 16617 times)
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:22:48 pm »

Game between DeMo and ExD.

First game ExD (Humans) won with a foward garrison against DeMo (Beasts)
Second game the game timer ran about the 45 minutes. The rules say that games stop at the 45th minute
(Don't even try to edit the rules, I got a .html file + a screenshot of them how they were TODAY when our match started)

DeMo were being cowards and couldn't loose against ExD due their whoring demorunning and our defense skills.

Spearwolf was there (as a request from WarDragon who did not want to shoutcast alone) and decided IN THE MIDST OF A MATCH that the game time is set to 1 hour.

What the fuck is wrong here? Why is the Admin biased towards one of the best Clans in Savage?

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »

<Trigardon> soon is draw no?
<Spearwolf> you have an hour, unless both teams agree to a draw.
<Spearwolf> before hand.
<Trigardon> nice nice
Length : Each game lasts for a maximum of 45 minutes. If neither team has achieved victory when the time runs out, the game is drawed. (Except in tiebreakers)

Wait a minute? WHAT?

Disclaimer : These rules are NOT set in stone. They are subject to change at any given time, so please keep yourselves updated before playing matches.
Page shows 45 minutes before and after the match, so why could the match take 1 hour.

Serverlogs show the following:
779 heartbeats were sent between 13:40 and 20:39.
69 heartbeats were sent during round 1
96 heartbeats were sent during round 2
Do your math.....

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
WinterFresh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:16:10 pm »

Demos and screens plx!!!!!!!

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 10:23:23 pm »

Demos and screens plx!!!!!!!

Screens are available, but needs to be sorted out.
What should demos prove? Groentjuh provided serverlogs... just do the maths? Will provide mine tho if necessary (once I can locate them)

DarknesS
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:34:40 pm »

Well this dispute is actually pretty easy to solve (note: I have no authority in this, just a suggestion).

- Current ruleset states a game lasts 45 minutes (-> default)
- Clan sovereignity rule implies that you might define a new time limit if boths clan agree on it.

So if no one can prove that clan sovereignity rules were invoked, or that both clans were notified in a timely manner (which is NOT during the game) then the default rule should be used.

In other words:
The burden of proof in this case should belong to those that claim that the game should've lasted more than 45 minutes. Thus Trigardon shouldn't be required to provide a demo which proofs anything.

(I'd personally prefer to see Trigardon lose, though  Evil, also I still can't believe demo lost 1 round)
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:41:07 pm »

the league admin stated as groent as quoted 1 hour. demo is not going to lose this cw because EXd failed. as u can see. trig replied. which meant EXD new the game last 1 hour. all EXD is doing to trying to trick demo out of a hard earned draw.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 10:46:29 pm »

the league admin stated as groent as quoted 1 hour. demo is not going to lose this cw because EXd failed. as u can see. trig replied. which meant EXD new the game last 1 hour. all EXD is doing to trying to trick demo out of a hard earned draw.

I have no leading position which means I don't count. Also my answer did not say anything about agree-ing or disagree-ing..

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 10:49:40 pm »

no but you acknowledge the fact that he said that. which mean u knew, which means EXD knew. as EXD didnt question that or say he was wrong. i dont see how u can complain. EXD knew, cause u replied K.

BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 10:51:03 pm »

I second the call for a demo(s). Let the evidence speak for itself, in full view of everyone.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 10:57:02 pm »

no but you acknowledge the fact that he said that. which mean u knew, which means EXD knew. as EXD didnt question that or say he was wrong. i dont see how u can complain. EXD knew, cause u replied K.

He said that, but that doesn't makes me or my clan knowing it. Fact is: Rules say otherwise and I actually demand that the rules gets enforced and not that an shoutcasting admin changing them in the midst of a game.

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 11:07:02 pm »

So if no one can prove that clan sovereignity rules were invoked, or that both clans were notified in a timely manner (which is NOT during the game) then the default rule should be used.
That quote was during the game, so it isn't the proof daemon means in this case. If such an agreement exists, it wasn't made in public chat just before the match like was done for the shoutcaster(s), before the game!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:18:04 pm by Groentjuh » Logged

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 11:11:49 pm »

he's not a "shoutcasting admin" i dont see how u keep brining this argument up.

hes the league admin, he makles the rules. he's made this decision. this aint just any old shoutcaster, this is the league admin, the one person who thought up this league. and made the rules to it. he said in the first game that it was one hour. if it was the first game and your tatic for the first game was a tatic based on 45 minutes i would properly understand,

however this was the second game. after he told us it was 1 hour afterwhish u replied which means EXD knew it was one hour. i do not see how u guys can argue this result.

DeMo aint going to reply to this conversaion anymore. in game or on these forums. If spear decides a remake is in order then we will have to respect the league admins decision. but as demo stand, we are not offering a rematch, and until spear instructs us otherwise. demo stance is that the game was 1-1.

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 11:12:28 pm »

here i thought the pug cup was for fun, didnt know i was that wrong.

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 11:15:14 pm »

hey so did we, its exd here thats making all the fuss.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:26:57 pm by Moxy » Logged

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 11:27:18 pm »

Yeah, well you never make a fuss when the outcome of a dubious decision favors you. Not the 1st time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: