Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2019, 07:15:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18430 Members
Latest Member: Drokkas
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  PuG Cup
| | | |-+  2010 (Locked)
| | | | |-+  Feedback Thoughts on PUG Cup
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feedback Thoughts on PUG Cup  (Read 7802 times)
TNaismith
Head Forum Administrator of The Hunterz Clan

Teamwork Enthusiast . . . . Are you in?

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2010, 07:14:29 pm »

With the FIFA World Cup happening around this time, it's been making organizing some of the matches difficult with so many people (including people from Savage) all over the world watching it.  It's one thing to encourage people to come out on a specific date to play a match -- it's another to be persuading people to come away from watching a sport that is known/watched throughout the world.

Just wanted to pass that on.  Maybe other clans haven't encountered the same problem, but here at TH we have gotten a few similar incidents within the clan (since we do have a fair number of members from Europe), and it has also come up during one of the attempts to organize a match for the PUG Cup.  =)

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:18:52 am »

as soon as germany, or a decent game is happening i am watching it. So if anyone plans a cw on that time i cut of his balls!

WarDragonZ
Divine Punishment Form

50% tempest!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:45:52 pm »

With the FIFA World Cup happening around this time, it's been making organizing some of the matches difficult with so many people (including people from Savage) all over the world watching it.  It's one thing to encourage people to come out on a specific date to play a match -- it's another to be persuading people to come away from watching a sport that is known/watched throughout the world.

Just wanted to pass that on.  Maybe other clans haven't encountered the same problem, but here at TH we have gotten a few similar incidents within the clan (since we do have a fair number of members from Europe), and it has also come up during one of the attempts to organize a match for the PUG Cup.  =)

eh, i dont give a shit about soccer (FOOOT BALLLL sorry MATES Cheesy) but i was watching the NBA finals while playing my match basically, it's no big deal.

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:59:36 pm »

Well, most of the games are during the day for us Americans, so it isn't a problem for us!

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:03 am »

With the FIFA World Cup happening around this time, it's been making organizing some of the matches difficult with so many people (including people from Savage) all over the world watching it.  It's one thing to encourage people to come out on a specific date to play a match -- it's another to be persuading people to come away from watching a sport that is known/watched throughout the world.

Just wanted to pass that on.  Maybe other clans haven't encountered the same problem, but here at TH we have gotten a few similar incidents within the clan (since we do have a fair number of members from Europe), and it has also come up during one of the attempts to organize a match for the PUG Cup.  =)

eh, i dont give a shit about soccer (FOOOT BALLLL sorry MATES Cheesy) but i was watching the NBA finals while playing my match basically, it's no big deal.

To make that comparison is to completely misunderstand the fanaticism of the football fan base throughout the world.

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 05:04:30 am »

Australia lost 4-0!
hah!

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:56:10 am »

Australia lost 4-0!
hah!

Sigh.... now I have to fly half way around the world to kill everyone dear to you, just to prove what a fanatic I am. How inconvenient.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 01:11:43 pm »

Australia lost 4-0!
hah!

Sigh.... now I have to fly half way around the world to kill everyone dear to you, just to prove what a fanatic I am. How inconvenient.

You lost to us, austrollian.

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 02:15:58 pm »

Australia lost 4-0!
hah!

You lost to us, austrollian.

Don't make me fly into the wolves lair as well!

bOSERbIBER
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 04:25:25 pm »

Germany for the win!!  Cheesy

Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 06:11:05 pm »

Really, you cant schedule a match around a 3 hour block of the day? Also to add to that l2DVRnubs. I personally will show no compassion to any clan that refuses to schedule with us within 2 weeks due to a Fútbol game. Take your forfeit if you're that dedicated. I highly doubt it will conflict with the US division though.

also Fútbol is the pussy version of the real man's sport: Hockey. kthxbai.

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 06:18:41 pm »

half of germany's squad wasn't born German Afro
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 11:08:44 pm »

Kind of like how all the good hockey players are canadian? or Swedish?  Evil

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 01:21:09 am »

or russian

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:40 am »

Not quite, you are describing the equivalent of club level football. For example the English Premier League is rammed full of players that are not English born. However the world cup is a competition of nations. So to play for a country you have to have heritage or citizenship in the country you play for.  

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: