Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2021, 11:30:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190128 Posts in 11016 Topics by 18631 Members
Latest Member: pesecarte
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  Ruins_Frontgate workers solution
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ruins_Frontgate workers solution  (Read 2641 times)
Faun
« on: June 28, 2010, 02:44:26 pm »

As ive encountered the ineluctable "Workers run against the open gate" Issue with the Ruins_Frontgate Prop now, i have searched the forums for the ultimate solution to fix it. Now ive found the same problem discussed ever and ever with the same measures:
1  Place nav_floodfillpoint there, maybe also in bigger amounts
2  Make the terrain walkable by looking at the internal pathing calculator of the editor and flattening where necessary.

Now, i have found these measures inadequate for my problem, so Im starting this thread now in hope for the king-size solution of this problem. e.g. defining a hole in the prop or sthing.
The Ruins_frontgate in my map are augmented a lot, but they are in the ground with their lower third, to close the little side doors and leave only the main gate. since this one is still in a format that behes can walk thru i was hoping that workers could walk thru also. But: they cant. so, now i have done all the stuff i wrote above, but when i look at the pathing there are no white lines connecting beyond the gate, there are two gaps between the pathable fields. that also doesnt change when i set floodfills there.

I would be glad if it would be possible to use the props there like it is...
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 04:03:27 pm »

http://www.newerth.com/wiki/index.php/XR_Map_Navigation

Read through the explanation and especially follow the screen shot walk through, it will explain all you need to know to make your frontgate work.

This information will be in the next update to my mapping guide, I actually forgot to cover it because I am absent minded and skimmed over it.

Faun
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:11:46 pm »

Thx a lot, Aneurysm - im astonished more and more about the speed i get useful answers from you.  Cool
In the hope for finding a solution i stumbled over the tutorial already, but the main steps were there also the 2  i already described...
I couldnt get the frontgates walkable until i lifted them in the air, as high as their own height is...I fixed my map now with building complete new individual frontgates from other props, since i dislike the idea of having more than 1 way through this gates. They look interesting now, everyone is beautifully walkable, and theyre  much more fun than normal frontgate, i hope. I think ruins_frontgate is designed mainly for flat lands, where you can have a flat space as large as the prop is. I wanted to use them in the canyons of erebus - maybe that was to narrow there.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 06:51:38 pm by Faun » Logged
Overon
Some random guy

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 06:21:17 pm »

I don't know what the deal is exactly with frontgates.  It just seems like every once in a while they glitch... but I haven't used them enough to know why.  I just placed one in a map and tried to make it not work and couldn't... so good luck sir!  Try placing a new one, try moving is around.  Try not to resize it.  Some objects just go buggy when you change their size.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: