Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 12:36:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189878 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18416 Members
Latest Member: himpaskio
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  Strategies
| | | |-+  [request] Stat boosters: why and when?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [request] Stat boosters: why and when?  (Read 4529 times)
storkme

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:21:10 am »

Lemme preface this post by saying I'm pretty much a HoN noob, only played like 20 games of dota and 100 odd games of hon (and statistically I still lose most of the time Cheesy) so please correct me if I say something blindingly stupid Smiley

I've read a fair number of guides for a lot of different heroes, and one thing that seems to vary wildly are the item builds - specifically the core item builds: stuff like boots and stat boosters.

So right here I'm hoping someone more experience could share some insight on stat boosters:
- are they cost effective?
- why do some guides recommend them while others don't?
- how do you know if your hero needs stat boosters? how do you know if it doesn't? (is it do do with stat gains per lvl?)
- how many should your hero have, and which type?
- how much does it depend on your play style?

All inputs welcome! Cheesy
Joebloe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 05:45:34 pm »

Hi. First, about the variation of the items depends on which character you have but alos which heroes is against you and how the game evolved. Knowing what to take is only a question of experience. Therefore, if you know what items do it will help.

About stat boosters. If you're talking about items that boost your intel, strengt and agi then its important to know what these stats do.

Intellgence: More mana and mana regeneration
Strenght: More life and life regeneration
Agility: Faster attacks and more defense

Also, depending on which kind of heroe you have it will add damage. If your hero is a strenght based hero then strenght will add damage but agi and intelligence will do nothing.

The only hero (i can remember) that is in the intelligence type heroes but has strenght based dmg is Blacksmith.

If you have other questions jsut ask.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: