Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 03:11:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189877 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18415 Members
Latest Member: afodfdfgdgre
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  Strategies
| | | |-+  how to decide whether to join or leave a game (before hero selection)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to decide whether to join or leave a game (before hero selection)  (Read 7794 times)
thinketh

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:52:54 pm »

I usually play by myself, so I just join any apem game that is about to fill up.

Sometimes there is ab, sometimes not. Sometimes one side has a few premade (locked slots).

My question is based on the slots and psr screen (what is the proper name?), do you decide to stay or leave with the goal of having a balanced and fun game?

Do people care about the psr-based winning %? The host usually does ab, but not always.

When you see premade on the opposing side, would you be concerned? What if you are on the side with a few locked slots?

Would you play against a full 5 premade team?

_Wanker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »

Yes, most people do care about the percentage unless it is as you said, a whole clan on one team. Then the percentage doesn't matter, for obvious reasons. But in pubs with only a couple of locks, the percentage usually does say a lot, but only if you're playing with some 1300 psr, 0.2 kdr player. Noobs make a whole lot of difference, so never play with them.  Afro
cHeLiosat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:51:58 am »

can tell u how i handle that, if i play alone(without m8s)

more than 3 locks -> leave
strange players, no ab -> leave (funny guys who got 5 locks, but not locking, they say % are okay but in real they are 5 m8s, and seriously, playing with 5 mixed players against a team or a punch of friends... ? not fun)

when i was below 1800 i also checked my m8s kdr/denies and stuff, now i just trust em.. ^^

easiest thing -> play auto-balance games, 0 locks and host cant do shit against the balance, so it "should" be fair
-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 01:19:17 pm »

i always play with 2 or 3 mates so we have 3 or 4 locks -> always fun  Evil

LegendisH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 12:24:26 am »

can tell u how i handle that, if i play alone(without m8s)

more than 3 locks -> leave
strange players, no ab -> leave (funny guys who got 5 locks, but not locking, they say % are okay but in real they are 5 m8s, and seriously, playing with 5 mixed players against a team or a punch of friends... ? not fun)

when i was below 1800 i also checked my m8s kdr/denies and stuff, now i just trust em.. ^^

easiest thing -> play auto-balance games, 0 locks and host cant do shit against the balance, so it "should" be fair

Thanks for the tip bro
nineteen89

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 07:31:38 am »

It's actually hard to decide as stats all should boil down to metrics. I.e what is the function of a victory is it the psr, the k.d ratio? the neutral-creep kill deny rating?  the number of victories etc and so on. It's really hard to determine how to win a game. Sometimes the Autobalance doesn't really balance everything because it relies on PSR's it doesnt count on the players psr at pace with its level and kill/death ratio. There are some pub games I played on that 50-50% matches aren't really balanced.

Hope the AB functionality will be revamped in the next coming versions. But if you ask me, I look at the K-D ratio of the opposing teams and judge by how many of them have higher- k-d rations on our team.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: