Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 09, 2022, 11:52:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190193 Posts in 11019 Topics by 18669 Members
Latest Member: CaptLtColAfonso
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  locking threads/response to shun's post
Poll
Question: can we have sexy time now??
yes - 5 (38.5%)
no - 3 (23.1%)
im playin WoW, mk! - 5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: locking threads/response to shun's post  (Read 11828 times)
Standard

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2010, 05:19:13 am »

how about not locking so many fucking threads, its lame.  not like they really get out of hand.  but as a reply to the recently locked "yet another ref abuse" thread, the reason there wasnt as much shit when BF had admin is cuz he would ban your IP and not think twice about it for even talking shit to him or any of his friends/clannies.  and the refs he chose then, most would kick you just for the fun of it.  not to mention he had absolutely no rules, so anyone could exploit all they wanted and if the ref didnt care then nothing was done.  and if you look back at threads from when he was admin, there was tons of ref abuse complaints, many of which were complaints about BF.  yes, i was a ref when he was admin, but i acted the same then as i do now.
cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:22:57 am »

Yeah, the whole "less complaints happened under BF" claim is pretty much ridiculous.

Whereas the current referees/admins give many, many chances to a great deal of players (and I don't believe anyone is banned AT ALL as of now), BF would straight up kick/ban you for not only exploiting/smack talking, but for some stupid stuff like buffing. I think he had HoboJ, the former US server admin perma-banned because he "didn't like him".

He also just fucked around with people whenever he felt like it, I think I recall one time where, using his admin powers, he made WD/ninkum have infinite health and infinite elec buff during the middle of a game for a few minutes.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:25:52 am by cutter » Logged

Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:24:21 am »

Yep..and Shun..to answer your other question No Psych hasnt' lost his ref.

But I have 3 on my list now that can play somewhere else
Cross
Savage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:50:04 pm »

Shit maybe I shouldn't have dragged myself into this, I saw people were unhappy and had a problem so I presented them to bring their case before the refs because I believed they would be able to talk it out, but apparently I only caused more problems for them then good. An honestly I know somethings were said that aren't very flattering but I have seen much worst permitted on the server without these types of measures being executed and unlike those, this was done with good intentions to try and help, to bring up the problems that THEY saw to light and hopefully, correct it or at least come to a conclusion..closure, but instead they get hammered. I am asking you Cobra to reconsider your decision, they haven't even broke a rule to justify that action, and even more importantly like I said before it will only cause a division, which is something this community does not need. I'm pretty sure at this point they are choosing to make another server, and while that in itself only creates an option, kicking someone on sight takes away that option for them, in which creates a situation where the people will have to choose what server to play at based on who is on what server, more then personal game preferences.

And maybe I am wrong in asking this of you, but it just doesn't feel right to me, and I can't believe in these measures, I have to say something about it or else it would bother me inside, so this is why I am asking you to at least think it through..and at this point I am just as guilty as them since I am the one that pushed for this entire conversation to even take place.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
BeNdIzZlE_13
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 04:21:40 pm »

3 aye?
Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:51:29 pm »

3 aye?

And amazingly Ben you aren't on it  Grin

Cross its beyond that.  Its a lack of respect from people that have something provided to them and chose to spit in the face of those that try and make it a fair place for all involved.  If they can come on the game and talk shit with people, like everyone does, and not get into a pissing match on the refs doing their job then they are welcome to play...it happens!  No one wants to fracture this community, especially those of us that have been around for 5+ years but it gets old to do the best you can and just constantly hear bitching.

Last night it was one thing after another about well when did that rule change, well I didn't know that someone should updated us.  The rules are freakin posted on the website for all to see...good lord read them and play by them.

Even with that we have ALOT of EU players that come on LEET and demand that the rules be the way their server is...well if you want the rules from your server, play on your server.

I would much prefer that everyone come on, talk shit about how bad Ben is and how much Rob buffs(Oh and shit its alot) and just play.  But it seems that a select few have taken it to a personal level much how the other thread was started, psych didn't kick shun...he called a vote as a comm upset that someone that he CONSIDERED a player that would help the team push wasn't and he wanted him off the team so, if the teams were uneven, a good player (or one that might push and do what he asked) would join his team.

We all talk about how small the community is, think how small the comm community is that we want to play for?  There are very few comms that all of us would readily jump on their team because we know they will tech us up and not get us in a bind against the other team.

Again...Come on Play and just enjoy.  Don't exploit, Don't bitch ref ABUSE and just Enjoy.  Thats all any of us want to do is enjoy the game and play. 
Ophelia
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 12:30:38 am »

Again...Come on Play and just enjoy.  Don't exploit, Don't bitch ref ABUSE and just Enjoy.  Thats all any of us want to do is enjoy the game and play. 

Yeah play right? When you clearly said if you SEE me- you'll kick me?

So now speaking my opinion is now against the rules too? If I have a complaint - I'm ALLOWED to voice it, and what is funny is you, CLEARLY you JUST SAID.
The rules are freakin posted on the website for all to see...good lord read them and play by them.

If that's the case, how come a REF broke SO MANY rules - edited them, and had NOTHING done to him?
By this situation I'm clearly referring to the Paused situation, which was ignored and disreguarded for whatever reason.

- So to play now, on what YOUR server? The server you only HELP pay for (NOT own), I'll be kicked cause I have my opinions? Seriously?

As Cross said, you prove my point further by even saying that.

So now cause I HAVE a opinion - your basically telling me to keep it to myself, otherwise I'll be kicked.
And you seriously think by saying that your not having an ego trip? UNLIKE the server - you don't hold power over the forums, I'm welcome to voice my feelings about ANY issue.

And from what I'm seeing now - that's NOT against the server rules.

BeNdIzZlE_13
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 01:04:30 am »

3 aye?

And amazingly Ben you aren't on it  Grin

I would much prefer that everyone come on, talk shit about how bad Ben is and how much Rob buffs(Oh and shit its alot) and just play. 

i'm not bad silly, i rape...but yeah rob sucks
Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 01:43:35 am »

So now speaking my opinion is now against the rules too? If I have a complaint - I'm ALLOWED to voice it, and what is funny is you, CLEARLY you JUST SAID.
The rules are freakin posted on the website for all to see...good lord read them and play by them.

If that's the case, how come a REF broke SO MANY rules - edited them, and had NOTHING done to him?
By this situation I'm clearly referring to the Paused situation, which was ignored and disreguarded for whatever reason.

- So to play now, on what YOUR server? The server you only HELP pay for (NOT own), I'll be kicked cause I have my opinions? Seriously?

So now cause I HAVE a opinion - your basically telling me to keep it to myself, otherwise I'll be kicked.
And you seriously think by saying that your not having an ego trip? UNLIKE the server - you don't hold power over the forums, I'm welcome to voice my feelings about ANY issue.

Your right I can't keep you from posting here.  Have fun.
Ophelia
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 01:49:20 am »

Your right I can't keep you from posting here.  Have fun.

And you kick me on the server for what? What rules did I break?

Your prooving my point just THAT much more about the abuse, and your little ego trips.

I'm NOT required to like you - thats NOT a rule.
And as long as I follow rules on JMZ server that YOU only help pay for - you have NO RIGHT to kick me.

Your proving my point entirely. Good Job on saving me the trouble of having to prove it myself.

Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 01:55:43 am »

I said you were entitled to your opinion.

The world sucks and people will always want to say what they want without consequences.  I put out my hand and offered that if you play and just play then nothing would happen.  I took cross's suggestion and zeus and tried to just keep the peace.  You obviously didn't read the previous post or just don't give a shit.  So learn that making comments has consequences.

You think you can spit in someones face and they won't do anything?  Not in the world I live in.  It may be yours but not mine.

Now can you play and just deal with the rules that are there?  Cause there is that one that says "Do not put up with anyones shit talking or bad mouthing of you or other players"

Can we just play now?  or do we need to keep Dancing  Huh
Ophelia
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 02:02:14 am »

I said you were entitled to your opinion.

The world sucks and people will always want to say what they want without consequences.  I put out my hand and offered that if you play and just play then nothing would happen.  I took cross's suggestion and zeus and tried to just keep the peace.  You obviously didn't read the previous post or just don't give a shit.  So learn that making comments has consequences.

You think you can spit in someones face and they won't do anything?  Not in the world I live in.  It may be yours but not mine.

Now can you play and just deal with the rules that are there?  Cause there is that one that says "Do not put up with anyones shit talking or bad mouthing of you or other players"

Can we just play now?  or do we need to keep Dancing  Huh

What level of EGO trip are you ON cobra?

You COME on the server, I was AFK (Clearly NOT saying a word) - and you kick me.

Your right, the server rules are STATED as such. But those are ON the server, not ON the forums.

I have a OPEN RIGHT to say as I please, to whomever I want. Just because you are ref does not mean you automaticly obtain respect by EVERYONE because you know a password on a server, the world dosn't work like that.

You want respect from everyone? Earn it.

Don't go kicking people for no reason cause you dislike the opinion they give on the FORUMS.

- If I said shit on the server, I'd expect a kick.
But as long as I follow the rules ON the server WHILE on the server, theres NO reason to kick me.

Other then to prove everything I've said is true.

Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 02:18:34 am »

Until you understand that making shit comments to those that give you a place to hang out...on a forum that is or is not on the server..can have consequences you can stay off the server.

Your free to say what you want here.  Again I made you the offer and you basically spit in my face.

Done.
Ophelia
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 02:23:14 am »

What kind of offer is this?

You want to talk - you talk to me like i'm an adult.

Don't try and belittle or down-talk me because your ref.

You want to talk, that is NOT how you start a conversation.

- So i'm breaking rules by not having anything to say to you now?
Or perhaps I don't appreciate the way you come to me about it.

YOU just don't get THAT, - DO YOU?

- So now not talking to refs is against the rules too?

Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 02:32:40 am »

Believe what you want angelique.

I told you above that your not welcome on the server.  Thats what I meant by you just don't get it.

You think you can come on here..public forum, yes you can say what you want, and make negative comments about me or any of the refs and there won't be consequences?  Say what you want here but it will have an impact on if you can play on the server.

I offered you the change to basically say sorry and I understand that refs have a hard job.  Instead you keep wanting to fight.  Last post on this so you can fight with the wall from now on.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:40:43 am by Cobra » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: