Yesterday I finally had a chance to try these settings out. Unfortunately we didn't manage to play with balanced teams and we were a bit few. Some really creative ideas are there which give the game a fresh taste
But... Game balance has to be #1 priority. Beasts won nearly all the matches and quite easily. I blame mainly the new leaping (uphill leap + fast bouncing) which is super fun but makes beasts severely overpowered IMO.
I hope you guys are giving chaos bolt a super buff! CHAOS BOLT!
I like the new chaos bolt quite much.
?? : 6th sense: slight stamina regen buff
?? : Gates undetectable
?? : heal spire: weapon disabled, healing spires will heal each other
flux: stamina drain removed + 6th sense: slight stamina regen buff + rabid = disaster IMO
He makes some epic points.
6th sense thing is stupid, at least make the buff make sense to the item.
How about letting people with sixth sense hover their mouse over players for X seconds until they can see what items the enemy is holding. Now THAT makes sense, and would also be interesting and useful.
Healspire thing is just plain stupid *makes 12 heal spires in a pile behind lair*.
My opinion has changed a bit since then.
- 6th sense + stamina: actually this hasn't changed. I agree with Skope, this makes no sense.
- gates undetectable: I still find this problematic. However I got to check it again, when behes can no longer pass through.
- heal spire: heal spires can no longer fire so are rather defenseless. Moreover they don't stack so having 12 heal spires in a pile doesn't really worth it (as they won't heal faster than a single one, and won't heal each other better than two).
What is a very good idea is that heal spires now heal allied units!
- wind spire: acts as a sensor (didn't see it in action but I like the idea)
- healers (chaplain and shaman) can now buy a 5th item: this doesn't have that big of an effect but it's fun IMO (however I didn't try the chaplain demo rush with the healing potion yet
). I like ideas like this one. This opens up new possibilities in strategy and maybe brings back healer units to the game while doesn't ruin balance.
- didn't have the chance to try the reduced ballista window (I hope that the bali still can defend itself against a single melee unit)
- rocket launcher got considerably better