want to firstly point out that this is not a balance suggestion as the board would suggest but a feature which i think is essential, hope i've placed this suggestion in the correct place and feel free to move it if it is not
1. The precise change you wanna see done, including exact values and item/unit names etc.
commanders should have the ability to set a return point (for the workers) for the stone or gold they mined
2. What triggered it (what is the CAUSE that made you think of something to eliminate that cause)
workers tend to return stone or gold to a garrison even if its blocked off by tech for example instead of the SH or a different garrison which is possible to return the stone too
3. The predicted overall effect of your change (its PURPOSE).
less mad comms
4. What will be harder to do, and for which side.
5. What will be easier to accomplish, and by whom.
Returning stone by the workers for comm
6. Will it make the game harder or easier for newbies (vs. veterans), and why.
7. Subsequent changes needed to tone down (compensate for) the effects of this change.
no other changes necessary
8. Other changes, which the current suggestion depends on so it can work properly.
a simple button added to the workers which looks like this would be good with redstone and gold on it (click on the button then click on the location to return the resource to;
an example of said problem;
workers return the stone to the inaccessible garrison instead of the SH