Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 05:34:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189653 Posts in 10987 Topics by 18241 Members
Latest Member: Abigaiper
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Leaving this game permanently.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leaving this game permanently.  (Read 4855 times)
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:14:17 pm »

I'm leaving this game permanently. The biggest reasons are:

1) Multiclienting beein possible and exploited by people

2) Exploiters and shitty community in-game. The mechanics to get people kicked is useless if ref isn't present, because people just multiclient to avoid kick or just join 2 secs again after beeing kicked.

3) I tried to get ref, so I could do something about it myself, but I got denied today, so therefore, I cant be guaranteed to have a nice gaming experience with other people in-game. I cant have that nice experience, so there is no point in playing this any further.

4) The flaws in the game gets exploited and some of the flaws cant be handled. The serveradministrators (Groentjuh+ Jmz?) doesn't seem to be willing or capable of banning the rotten fruits in the community. Maybe it isn't technically possible, or maybe they just dont want to, because it will limit the player base. But hey, guess what? The playerbase is going to hell at this very moment because of the rotten fruits. There's allready many people who CHOOSE to leave the game because of rotten fruits, and not tell it public like I do now. I know Shitler and Shag have quitted for similar reasons recently, and it illustrates the problem.

People who is guilty for me leaving, and I think many people in-game agrees should be banned:
- Kenway (Multiclienting, exploiting, insulting and trolling). Use of insultive nicks like Hitler etc. the list goes on.
- Rin (multiclienting to, insulting, trolling, exploiting) etc.
- Djinghis ( Can be nice in-game, but very dangerous for the game considering the skills he have on computers and what he have done so far )
- The blanck username account who several people multiclients on daily basis. (Yes, the one with 7000+ hours on it)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:15:58 pm by Bullet » Logged

jazzking
Melee enthusiast
Newerth Shoutcaster

Duels Duels Duels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:33:06 pm »

I don't see these as big problems. If you get mad at the trolling or something like that, maybe try hiding the chatbox? By the way if there are not enough refs I suggest to others reading to apply. Most applicants are getting are getting trial ref atm. I don't know the details but I'm sure there is a good reason that your vote was f2 bullet (sorry).

BTW, the blank account isn't a real account it's due to a bug in the account system. It's no single person. When I'm playing, Rin calls a vote to try to annoy me basically every 30 minutes. Maybe it happens as you get older, but believe me you can choose your emotions, try not to let these things bother you.

The more the good fruits leave, the worse the good/bad fruit ratio gets. Consider taking a break for a week or a month and seeing how things are when you come back. I think that we are on track to getting more and better refs.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:45:24 pm »

I don't see these as big problems.
How about playing 30 minutes on a team, and it's farily even between the races. Then ,suddenly someone exploits the map and voila- shield is down. Humans loose in 3 minutes and game over. No ref was present to stop it, and enough people of T2 f2'ed the kick vote on the exploiter. The spirit that keeps me going in this game, is the teamwork spirit and the spirit to win. By fair measures.

Exploiting aint fair, and it feels like you've wasted the past 30 minutes for nothing. Loosing fairly, it's ok- you can catch it up another game. Loosing to exploit however, it ruins the spirit of the game. And- considering there is enough rotten fruits in-game atm to reject kick votes on their teammates (some beasts f2 if a t2'er is callvote kicked)- the time hase come to leave this game. People dont morally bother to object to exploits anymore. Because the pain it is to kick the same guy 15 times in a row on a 5 minute scale, is annoying. I've even experienced to get muted and kicked myself, for trying to kick an exploiter who ruined the game. Simply because it was easier than kicking the exploiter.

That's it. This is what Savage is today.

blame!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 02:57:38 pm »

yeah just logged on for a game and it was just Kenway spamming and exploiting, have fun with that.

mutan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 05:28:47 pm »

Can't you guys add a small, passable, invisible square to the gar/sub/burrow/outpost's models @ spawn so they can't be built for exploiting purposes? I'ts the most common game ruining thing.

Do you have high ambitions about your future but you smoke joints?! We will protect you, by putting you in to jail for atleast 3 years, with serial murderers and rapists. But atleast you wont ruin your life by drugs!
Haika
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 09:24:33 pm »

bullet i couldnt agree more, and that you dont get ref is imo hilarious.
As if the serveradmins guesses that it doesnt benefit the community. I agree 100% to every point, savage is pretty much dead in sense of quality gameplay and is now a playground for lowlife turds.

sad but true

ha dæ på cs gutt så tar vi nå games sammen dær, dær kan du velg kæm du vil vær på lag med Wink

Beast Mist
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 11:55:40 pm »

Well I had a good game tonight!!! Savage ain't dead yet, but bearly holding!

DogTheBountyHunter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 01:04:04 am »

Although I've been playing this game for many years, I haven't logged anywhere near as many hours as most of you, nor do I use the forums much. So there may be some things I don't know, but I'm still a regular in this community and I do agree with a lot of the things Bullet's talking about. If we don't fix anything, or if we're in denial that there are problems at all, then nothing will change for the better.

Here are my thoughts:

People using multiple clients to influence votes.
I suspect people abuse multiclienting not just to re-join a game after being kicked, but also to influence votes in their favour.

More refs could stop insulting/abusive chat.
There are some technical measures in place to prevent spamming. But what Savage has that other games don't are referees. More refs are the best way to moderate insulting/abusive chat. The more refs, the better.

Better communication about becoming a referee.
Where is the information about the role of refs and the process/requirements for applying to become a ref? If I'm not aware, then I'm sure there are others. Don't assume everyone knows. This info needs to be communicated better, we shouldn't have to dig through the forums to find it. When you're accepting applications for new refs, please post the info on the homepage and maybe even the in-game "latest news" box so everyone sees it and so we can recruit more refs.

Invisible walls could stop map exploits.
Invisible walls could put an end to the problem of map exploits. And I'm not just talking about putting walls up in the few areas of maps where there's potentially exploitable terrain, I'm talking about putting them up everywhere, fully boxing-in the normal playable terrain so it's impossible to get outside and onto the hills. There could be ceiling walls, if necessary. And even if a player somehow manages to step through a wall, it could be made so he gets killed automatically, just like when you step on the hot magma in some maps. One of the reasons we play xr_kinixxx so much is because the high walls are hard to exploit, resulting in more fair gameplay.

- DogTheBountyHunter
Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 02:45:38 am »

Better communication about becoming a referee.
Where is the information about the role of refs and the process/requirements for applying to become a ref? If I'm not aware, then I'm sure there are others. Don't assume everyone knows. This info needs to be communicated better, we shouldn't have to dig through the forums to find it. When you're accepting applications for new refs, please post the info on the homepage and maybe even the in-game "latest news" box so everyone sees it and so we can recruit more refs.

When you join the server, you see the "Welcome to Groentjuh's Kingdom!" message. It also says "Visit server.groentjuh.eu for server forum!". I know that after playing the game for 10 years, we no longer notice the welcome messages anymore, but I'm not sure what we would notice. I personally never pay attention to the "Latest News" and "Public Shouts" sections from the server browser screen...

More generally, I'm not sure why anyone would expect Clemens, map makers, server admins and server refs to put so much effort just to stop a couple of misbehaving players. For a start, just perma-ban whatever IP ranges Kenway connects from; the collateral damage will be minimal. Once that is done, one can see what to do with the rest of cookiebois.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:18:03 am by Gridfon » Logged
Captain Kenway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 06:30:43 pm »

For a start, just perma-ban whatever IP ranges Kenway connects from; the collateral damage will be minimal. Once that is done, one can see what to do with the rest of cookiebois.

Whaaaaat?  Grin  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Angel

Angel

Sail under the free Black Flag
Or die a slave you maggots

arrrr
HARRRRRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMVZdE97l0&index=22&
mutan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 10:17:30 pm »

Come on, ya let this topic end like this?!  Just Mining Da Stone

Do you have high ambitions about your future but you smoke joints?! We will protect you, by putting you in to jail for atleast 3 years, with serial murderers and rapists. But atleast you wont ruin your life by drugs!
phoenix-3000

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 07:37:49 am »

Bonjour!

The extreme solution, because I am 91 old and,

1) I can sty on the servers 16/24 hours on the servers,

and, for me the most importants are:
2) not the Victory but the Fun
3) save Savage,
4)
teach some elementary strategy concepts to upgrade the quality players.
5) increase the sense of immersion.
6) recruit 500 new GOOD players in 5 years if God allows me to live for the next 5 years.

The Ultimate solution, :

name Phoe : super-referee with All the power of ZEUS
UID : 1359033

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 08:13:10 am by phoenix-3000 » Logged

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
L'esprit de la loi, est plus important que la lettre de la loi
Captain Kenway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 07:48:42 am »

Come on. Don't leave savage guys Sad Ilov you all .... We are a community.....
Lets have some good games Smiley

Sail under the free Black Flag
Or die a slave you maggots

arrrr
HARRRRRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMVZdE97l0&index=22&
Precim

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you react

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 11:42:37 am »

Bonjour!

The extreme solution, because I am 91 old and,

1) I can sty on the servers 16/24 hours on the servers,

and, for me the most importants are:
2) not the Victory but the Fun
3) save Savage,
4)
teach some elementary strategy concepts to upgrade the quality players.
5) increase the sense of immersion.
6) recruit 500 new GOOD players in 5 years if God allows me to live for the next 5 years.

The Ultimate solution, :

name Phoe : super-referee with All the power of ZEUS
UID : 1359033

Is that appllication for ref?  Cheesy Cheesy
#Phoe4ref

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" Paarthurnax, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
SOMA

If you can't convince them, confuse them!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 05:26:58 pm »

actually phoe can be a good ref , but maybe dome language issue he will not be able to manage.

but his plan is very good Angel

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: