Server rules applying to EvO servers and are here as a template for servers hosted by Newerth.com. To be modified as the Newerth.com server admin sees fit (But please post your altered rule set on the server forum).Global rules / Player rules / Commander rulesIf you break any of the rules you will be punished by newerth.com’s server admins or referees. Read “Ref Rules” for more.
1. Players are not allowed to insult other players. Any kind of racism is not tolerated. Players should not whine, flame, moan or complain about other players ingame.
2. Players must not exploit the map or the terrain, i.e.
- shooting over hills or walls with catapults or weapons that equal the effects of a catapult. If the map design clearly allows to shoot over the walls (e.g. the mini variations) it is allowed. Referees may decide if it's allowed when the situation is unclear.
- get on top of buildings to attack them or gain advantage by doing so. This counts for all buildings, no matter how they are placed. The only exception is the research center, as it is easiest to climb. It is allowed to walk over buildings to destroy enemy shields if the building placement allows it.
- killing enemy units through walls, e.g. using behemoths
- avoiding map limitations, e.g. getting over grimm’s wall
- abuse the terrain to get to places other players can’t get to
- abuse the SEP stuck code.
3. Players are not allowed to take the commander seat if they do not know how to command.
4. Players must not take the commander seat to start a game and afterwards leave the commander seat again.
5. Players are not allowed to talk foreign languages in global chat more than a few sentences. It is allowed to contact other people in your own language, aftewards please make use of /msg or spectator chat.
6. Players are not allowed to impersonate other players or use other players’ clan tags / icons.
7. Players should NOT camp at spawn locations with siege units. Camping suggests that the unit is not attacking and waiting for someone to come close to kill them.
8. Players are not allowed to switch to the other team when their team is losing.
9. Commanders may not place buildings to gain unfair advantage, i.e. garrisons or sub lairs behind walls to make their players spawn on the other side.
10. Commanders should try and calculate if they can stay long enough to take the commander seat, if not they should not take it.
11. Commanders are allowed to spawn to attack units. They are not allowed to bail.
12. Commanders are not allowed to spawn as siege units.
13. Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of flags. It is allowed to build buildings surrounding the flag.
14. Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players.
15. Commanders are not allowed to destroy their team's tech to end a game.
16. Commanders are not allowed to spawn if the server is 70%< full. For the EvO server, that would be more than 45 players. It's hard enough when you have to go through a team of 24 players to reach your taget to find the comm spawning. Fair enough if the teams are small, but on a fully populated server its uncalled for and not allowed. This rule does not apply for destroying gateways or attacking purposes.Concerning votes
1. Players must not call kick votes for no reason. If no reason is specified after a kick vote has been started, it will be stopped.
2. Players should not call nextmap votes midgame.
3. Players must not call mute votes if the person the vote is about did not spam or insult other players.
4. Message votes may be called, although they may be stopped by referees without giving a reason.
5. Restart votes are allowed in the first 10 minutes of a match.
6. Players may call shuffle votes if they feel the teams are uneven. If a referee judges differently he may stop the vote. Players are not allowed to rejoin their old team after having been shuffled.
7. Players may call draw votes if a commander bailed at start and there is no point at playing anymore. Draw votes may also be called if no team makes significant progress at gaining control over the map for at least 20 minutes.
8. Elect votes are necessary before a game begins. Once the game started they may be called if the commander obviously does not know how to command. Votes to elect a new commander even though the current commander knows how to command may be stopped.
9. World, nextmap and restart votes are allowed to full extent after a match is finished.
Admin / Referee Rules
Please bind your refpwd to a key like - for example type in your in game console:
setsave bind i refpwd <pass_here>Global ref rules
1. Referees always
have to warn players before taking action. Exceptions are massive spamming or actions that cannot be prevented from happening if action is not immediately taken (IMPORTANT!).
2. Referees are asked to record demos at all times, in case any of their actions need to be proven or checked.
3. A referee may be kicked from the server if he does not use his real nick along with his clanicon. If someone is logged in as referee, not using his real nick, but still has a legit clanicon (such as the EvO icon), he must state his real nick if asked by no matter who. If he does not state his nick when asked to, he may be kicked from the server by another referee..Actions taken by refereesAll actions only may be taken if the Global ref rules are being followed by the referee, especially rule #1.
1. If a player insults another player, a referee may mute him. If the mute is avoided by reconnecting, the referee may decide whether he warns the player not to avoid mute and remutes the player or if he immediately kicks the players. Both is allowed.
2. If a player makes unfair use of the terrain, as stated in player rule #2, he may be slayed by a referee. If he does continue to break the rule he may be kicked from the server.
3. If a player takes the commander seat and obviously is unaware of what he is doing he may be impeached in the warm up.
4. If a player who does not know how to command took the comm seat and the game started, the referee may impeach him and restart the game. If the game is on for longer than 5 minutes already the restart has to be voted on.
5. If a player does not speak english while on the server, he may be muted. If he repeats it he may be perma-muted and eventually kicked. If the player does not understand that he may not speak a foreign language due to the lack of knowledge of the english language he may not be kicked but has to remain perma-muted.
6. If a player leaves the commander seat to prevent their amount of comm losses from increasing, he may be kicked.
7. If a player is cheating he may be kicked and will be banned.
8. If a player impersonates another player and / or uses another clan’s icon or abbreviation, he may be kicked from the server.
9. If a player rejoins his old team after having been shuffled and the teams turn uneven again he may be kicked from the server.Actions that will get your ref status removed
1. Breaking any of the player rules as referee. If you are logged in or not as referee while doing it does not matter.
2. Abusing the referee status, i.e. kicking, muting, slaying players for no apparent reason or for the fun of it, loading nextmap or restarting the match mid-game, changing the races without a vote, forcing people into the commander seat who are not willing to command, impeaching commanders for no reason, pausing the game for no reason, changing the time limit without a vote or at least the agreement of another referee, turning yourself into a chiprel/buffalo to gain unfair advantage.Complaints:
If you would like to complain about refs please make a new post in the server forum. If you would like to make a complaint about a player who misbehaved when you were on the server and no ref was present please make a new post in the server forum.
If you think a rule should be changed or that there should be another rule added please post and tell us.
List of refs on EvO servers and Groentjuh's server
-Nemesis-God refereesEvo - 22
freddiSoV - 8
Sgt.The Phalanx - 5
Vintherwarrior - 3
GroentjuhDeMo - 3
Lady & dr
No0oBCruel - 1
WhiteDwarf=T= - 1
RADarStrange clan!@! - 1
NotausganglinuX - 1
HethrepeoN - 2
SamuraiRaGe - 1
-Reinis-Groentjuh: Added -Reinis-Clanless - 1
List of refs on Groent's server
Rewritten by SirEx