Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2019, 05:32:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189653 Posts in 10987 Topics by 18241 Members
Latest Member: Abigaiper
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  DOWNLOAD: Mapping Programs
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DOWNLOAD: Mapping Programs  (Read 31808 times)
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006, 10:24:00 am »

i thought i'd put up here a few savage related programs i wrote.
if there are any requests for programs, e.g. converting forth or back to the file formats inside savage map archives, just place them here.
criticism and suggestions for the existing programs is also welcome Wink

a rotation manager
in case some server admin (or rather map rotation file maintainer) is interested: i wrote a little program for managing those rotation files. among (the few) others, there is a function allowing to import map names from a ftp raw directory listing.

update v1.2: fixed one crash bug and added a status bar displaying the number of the selected maps and whether unsaved changes have been made.
update v1.1: no longer uses the buggy .net framework routines which kept telling the program that the end of file was reached even if it wasn't; therefore no longer any map entries will be eaten through multiple opening and saving the config file. Smiley

a heightmap extractor
converts the ".hm" heightmap files, which can be found in the map archives, to .png graphics, e.g. for allowing to create an exact minimap. To open map archives use any common ZIP packaging program, e.g. WinRAR, Winzip or 7Zip

alternate instructions for use:
Open ur map .s2z file with winzip and find the .hm
and then use ur hm converter

a map resizer (version 1.0 beta 2)
given a folder with a map archive's extracted files, it will be able to resize your map by a custom factor. the height field, all 3 texture layers with their corresponding opacity maps, the textures' meta data map, the color map and the objects' and occluders' will be included in the resize, generally speaking everything.
before applying this program to a map, resave it under its new name first as the files you extract from the archive always will be bound to a certain map name.
after using the program, don't forget to check up on the occluders and the places where objects and terrain have to work smoothly together. (the program will tell you this after a successful resizing again anyway)

update to v1.0 beta 2: removed one bug enabling the user to crash the program if he acts stupid enough; also made the postprocessing easier by not streching the reference objects as too make the map look in editor as it would in game.
update to v1.1 beta 3: the program will now prompt to add blank edges when resizing to a size with length and width not multiples of 32.

this program has only be tested very little yet and may contain bugs, if you find any, please report them to me. Wink

an overhead map generator    NEW!
Get it over here: [link to downloads section]
Post any comments, suggestions or questions on it in this thread please Wink

* SavRotation.zip (21.92 KB - downloaded 334 times.)
* SavHeightmapExtractor.zip (13.1 KB - downloaded 369 times.)
* SavMapResizer.zip (33.55 KB - downloaded 366 times.)

* mapobjects.psd (1332.57 KB, 512x288 - viewed 65 times.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:30:53 pm by Tjens » Logged
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:58:36 am »

a heightmap extractor
converts the ".hm" heightmap files, which can be found in the map archives, to .png graphics, e.g. for allowing to create an exact minimap.

Although this puts me out of buisness, its an awesome idea!

This is probably a little out-there, but do you think it would be possible to make a map resizer? For example, it would only resize the terrain (and its textures) and its occluders? That would be UUUUUUUUUUUUUber.

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:17:14 pm »

This is probably a little out-there, but do you think it would be possible to make a map resizer? For example, it would only resize the terrain (and its textures) and its occluders? That would be UUUUUUUUUUUUUber.
hum... that is certainly not impossible...
just a question: shall every field of the terrain just be bigger, or shall the resulting map contain more fields, which have been interpolated from the old values?

about the occluders: since there is no real orientation for my program, how high the map is located and at which offset the occluders are (which is probably not the same for all of the occluders anyway), the streching of the occluder may only occur in x-/y-direction (the "flat" direction).
as for the height of the objects: i think i can build a little workaround for them, so only the occluders would be effected and would have to be readjusted in their height.
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 01:22:00 pm »

yeah - but i think Voldo means the other way around -> making the maps smaller  Smiley

i'd love to make a smaller version of skull and also Baki'S huge map Sacrifcie could use a shrinking

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 02:02:29 pm »

yeah - but i think Voldo means the other way around -> making the maps smaller  Smiley
That's no different programmatically Tongue

so let me rephrase:
shall every single field of the terrain be streched, or shall the resulting map contain a different number of fields of the original size (the values would then be interpolated)?
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 09:08:27 pm »

shall every single field of the terrain be streched, or shall the resulting map contain a different number of fields of the original size (the values would then be interpolated)?

Bold one plix! Grin

And also, I mean made smaller and larger too.

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 05:07:47 am »

nice work Cheesy sticked
penguin_god

yummy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 11:41:07 am »

and mines not  Cry i did a bad work  Cry

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 05:25:31 pm »

Bold one plix! Grin

And also, I mean made smaller and larger too.
hum... should be possible. will have a go at it.... on thursday (i've got no time before then undecided)

ok, it's probably much easier than i thought; i'll put something up tomorrow wink

another edit: it'll take a little longer than i thought - the map file format is even more complex than i thought. did you know that eden is one of the very few maps which uses partially-transparent textures? those can't be used in the editor but exist though; and i want my program to work for them too, so have a little patience wink
(the .texm file btw also has more uses than i thought :-S)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 11:55:43 am by Notausgang » Logged
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 04:34:09 pm »

would it just be easier to make a whole new editor for savage ??

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 06:42:09 pm »

would it just be easier to make a whole new editor for savage ??
nah, i'm not that mad at the existing ones yet; and creating a editor with 3d graphics is beyond my knowledge so far Undecided

however... i finally finished that map resizer which was requested here. have fun using it!
i already had a good laugh at the eden2_50% i tried; you feel like a giant walking through there Cheesy
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 08:58:58 pm »

will add it to the download section when i remember Smiley
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 12:57:55 pm »

I have a problem - when I resize a 64 x 64 map to an "odd size" that isnt in a blank file (80 x 80 for example), and run it in the graveyard editor, I get the folowing message:

"GL_RebuildTerrain: world dimensions were not a multiple of chunkSize+1"

I also tried it in the Titanium editor, with similar results. Sad.

Help!

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 01:03:44 pm »

I have a problem - when I resize a 64 x 64 map to an "odd size" that isnt in a blank file (80 x 80 for example), and run it in the graveyard editor, I get the folowing message:

"GL_RebuildTerrain: world dimensions were not a multiple of chunkSize+1"

I also tried it in the Titanium editor, with similar results. Sad.

Help!
hum... have a try deleting all files in your map archive, then only inserting the ones modified by the program.
i'm currently trying to reproduce that error, thanks for reporting Wink

edit: ok, i can reproduce that, deleting the other files won't help either. the error message, however, is irritating and wrong; the dimensions and everything is all right.
atm i guess it has something to do with maximum and minimum values for the height values, but i'm not sure yet.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 01:16:52 pm by Notausgang » Logged
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 01:14:43 pm »

Tried this - it doesnt work. My archiver deletes the archive if there are no files in it, but I tell it to replace the files with the same name.

If necessary, could you resize it for me? Rolleyes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: