Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 10, 2020, 05:25:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190016 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  The Map Makers Green Lit List/Blacklist
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Map Makers Green Lit List/Blacklist  (Read 4875 times)
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2010, 07:54:58 pm »

This thread is simply to let the public keep tabs on who is currently either greenlit or blacklisted for map making on newerth.com

Green Lit

Skope
Salty Dog
Overon
Aneurysm
Mefix
MiraculiX/Mephisto
Congress
Angel
Faun
Misch
Amy

Blacklisted
Musicvilla
Djinghis

(If you are on the blacklist and wish to lose this status. You will first have to demonstrate your ability to self check your map. This can be done by either a video or screenshots posted in a thread in the mapping forums visually demonstrating the points outlined in the checklist from this thread. Upon satisfactory completion of this task, an administrator will then remove your name from the list and you may once again submit maps for checking).

Hopefully we won't ever have to place anyone here Tongue
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:20:41 pm by Aneurysm » Logged

Trikitiger
F***ING KICKASS Top Ten Shaman!

F*** the K/D ratio, Healing is where it's at.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:06:08 pm »

Though I'm sure you didn't mean for anyone to reply to this thread, I actually like the notification of it. It not only lets you know why some maps just get approved (Your map was approved well ahead of a lot of other finalization checks, but you're on their green list, and therefore your maps don't need as much tedious testing), and others take a while. I also understand the blacklist quite well, because the last thing that the map database needs is a junkload of bad maps made by one user (millions of copies of the "Normalize Physics" Map, anyone?). I know I'm not greenlist worthy (being that I only made like, 3 maps so far), but heck I have something to look forward to if I keep working on it.

--- Top 10 best Shaman! WHOO! ---

Helping XR Completion --- Starting after Capstone --- Agreed to help out with model making for main units
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:14:10 pm »

I want Faun on the Green Lit list.

Faun
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »

Hm, Im happy you jump in the breach for me so quick trig, but since I wandered some of my maps with ane I think I know why Im still not on it Wink. When I feel its about time to ask, I will pm - No good Idea to discuss this in public I think  Smiley
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:51:48 pm »

May I dare to ask why?

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:00:10 pm »

What is this listing buissness EXPLOIN

Overon
Some random guy

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 10:13:48 pm »

@ trig

Faun is a badass as far as visuals and all of that go, but he's pretty new to savage and the savage editor.  There are a lot of mechanics and other facets of the game to soak in.  He is learning really quickly and doing some awesome work in the process.

Ane, this is a great idea btw.  Map approval is way too tedious as it is.  I generally do a streamlined process anyway for the guys you can tell know what they're doing, but having a set list will be handy for those mappers I haven't met yet.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:31:50 pm by Overon » Logged
Overon
Some random guy

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 10:16:37 pm »

Secondary thought.  Since I spent several days straight cleaning up this forum a year or two ago and getting rid of the dozens of stickies and compiling them into the big stickies links thread... I'm going to do the same with this list.  After people see it up here now, it doesn't really need a sticky.  Please direct people to it through the link compilation as the need presents itself.

Could have sworn I just cleaned up the place, ya know?  I like being able to see the floor.

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,8427.msg117596.html#msg117596
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:22:12 pm by Overon » Logged
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 05:02:05 am »

@Overon

Yeah no problem, I like a tidy work place as much as the next man.

@Trig

Overon and Faun have pretty much accurately answered your questions.

@Trikitiger

I'm glad you like it, ultimately I think this is really for the benefit of everyone and while I would encourage everyone to strive for green light status, it is certainly not an indication of elitism. Just it a little easier for us grumpy old mapping admins. Tongue

salty_dog
XR Mapper

When The Levee Breaks

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 04:40:49 am »

I know no one has posted here for a while. But I think the list is ready to be updated. I was going to add Mischoko and Amyto the greenlist, but I don't have the power to edit top post. I'm sure there are probably a few others that could be added too, But since I've been back, I have checked a  number of maps that these 2 with little or no technical errors.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 07:07:39 am »

You got mod status now, Salty.

salty_dog
XR Mapper

When The Levee Breaks

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 07:19:59 am »