This thread is an outline of the expectation of the mapping administrators here at Newerth. It is being put in place in an attempt to streamline the process of getting a map checked by one of the staff as well as generally increasing the overall quality of maps submitted. If you are a map maker and wish to have your map checked and placed online for the newerth servers, please read the mandatory requirements below.
One of the biggest issues map admins face is that people are submitting maps without first consulting any of the material written on how to properly create a map. Map checking is a lengthy process and even with a well executed map can be quite time consuming. For a map checker, there is nothing worse than spending your time downloading and opening maps up in the game and editor only to find that there aren't even basic necessities like occluders.
Wasting time checking dozens of these maps means that not only do map checkers get bored and stop bothering, but it means map makers who have actually done the right thing and put all the right things in the right places within their maps, get stuck waiting behind an endless queue of bad maps. This is not fair on all parties involved. So from now on, new stricter guidelines are going to be placed on map makers if they wish for their maps to be looked over for online status on newerth servers.Anyone wishing to finalise a map must first read the followings terms and conditions. By submitting a map for finalisation, all parties involved agree to abide by the terms and conditions laid out below.
- Read through all the material in the following guide as well as this checklist. A complete compilation of all mapping guides and information can also be found at this link and is strongly recommended reading material.
- Newerth map administration reserves the right to pass over or delete any maps submitted that do not comply with the afore mentioned material.
- Newerth map administration reserves the right to blacklist any map maker who repeatedly fails to adhere to these requirements. Map makers wishing to get their name off the blacklist will have to then take extra steps to prove that they are worthy of the communities time.
- Map makers can achieve a green lit status. This is a status that when achieved means any maps submitted by this author can be fast tracked to the front of the queue and generally will undergo less rigorous testing standards than other maps. To achieve this status, the mapper must have a proven track record of creating high quality maps with a strong understanding of the requirements needed for a map to achieve online status. Newerth administration will from time to time add map makers to this list, however map makers can also plead their case if they feel they are worthy of a green lit status via a private msg to any of the mapping administrators.
- The usage of a prefix (xr_ ) instead of a suffix ( _xr) is important!