Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2020, 11:59:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189958 Posts in 10992 Topics by 18474 Members
Latest Member: stark
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  Faunīs map screenies
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faunīs map screenies  (Read 39882 times)
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 02:02:44 pm »

Yes, itīs truly a line, i have searched for a solution for my own already really for some time before i asked here. This one seems to be a hard nut to crack.
Have you already altered this file with the editor before(as a reference...)? It seems the editing process is corrupting the file somehow, even if i just alter the coordinates instead of deleting the whole occluder. And: yes, i also have the possibility to change files still zipped, 7zip also uses the standard .zip format for default, i was just thinking that savage probably uses an older, lower compression rate and is unable to read the standard zip now. (for the newly entered data (even a blank) are compressed again, i think?) Also deleting all the objpos leads to that blank screen when opening the editor, this makes me think the file might be corrupt after changing.

Deleting the objpos.cfg (Object Position) will of course ruin your map. Yes I have manipulated the objpos many times without incident, so I am not really sure why it is causing you trouble. How about you upload your map here and I'll take a look at it for you.

Faun
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »

You will find the evil madmaking  Cheesy occluder already in the erebus file thats waiting for fixation here on newerth. when you load it in the untouched editor, it is straight before you behind the first hills, beyond the gate (about -260 in height)

Edit: Iīve tried it with winrar too, doesnīt change the result  Undecided

Iīve also seen the nice screenshots from your unnamed world Ane,(iīm still searching for a good suggestion) now i thought that maybe these folks coming around to see whats it all about want to get a little eyefood here too:

The unfriendly occluder

Whitewater - The bridge mommy told you not to go to

- Erebus impressions

- same than before, just in mossy style

- moss_erebus

- These traditional human strongholds look the same in the alps since several thousand years

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:11:24 pm by Faun » Logged
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 04:18:47 pm »

I have deleted your old occluders and created new ones. I had no problems editing the object position config so I don't know where you were going wrong. Have a little look at the placement of the occluders. I have been a little more economical with my vertices than you, it is worth remembering that you can be over zealous with occluders and vertices if you are not careful, in the end making them less useful rather than more useful.

Faun
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 04:54:45 pm »

wow!, would be interesting for me how you did it, finally Wink also for the second map which i derivated from erebus, heīs in there also. Great job, thanks!!! you just rescued it from getting trash!

EDIT:  Hm, when i open the map file with the editor, its also white. Is it something with my editor, eventually?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:59:25 pm by Faun » Logged
Overon
Some random guy

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 05:04:07 pm »

Gotta say, I really like the moss-erebus.  I'd take the red map as a nice study in palette choice and leave it at that.  The moss version screenshots look really good.

wow!, would be interesting for me how you did it, finally Wink

He's magical.

Hm, when i open the map file with the editor, its also white. Is it something with my editor, eventually?

Do you have the latest version of the editor?  You might want to make a backup of all your maps, autoexec/startup cfg's and stuff and then install a fresh copy of savage (If you're really worried about losing things, install a fresh copy in a new folder like I've done about 4 times).  After 7 years it seems like that is still the best fix for most problems and it only takes 10 minutes.
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 07:52:27 pm »

wow!, would be interesting for me how you did it, finally Wink also for the second map which i derivated from erebus, heīs in there also. Great job, thanks!!! you just rescued it from getting trash!

EDIT:  Hm, when i open the map file with the editor, its also white. Is it something with my editor, eventually?

Read my tutorial?

Tried pressing 1 - 5 on your keyboard
Tried setting farclip back to 1000000
Tried typing center in console after these things?

Still nothing? Oh O.

Oh and I still think you could make the original red version look a lot more server friendly by dropping the heavy coloured fog. But I think the moss version looks nice too.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:55:57 pm by Aneurysm » Logged

Faun
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 09:38:10 pm »

Aww, even installing a freshly downloaded version didnīt change anything. Changing farclip a.s.o also doesnīt do the trick, when i load a different map then again, everything is normal. Maybe you could try the map yourself after editing, but it seems the erebus maps are sick to death with this bug...

!
                                       Faun
                                        Sad

22:38 Faun: Help!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:58:56 am by Faun » Logged
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 02:57:56 am »

Aww, even installing a freshly downloaded version didnīt change anything. Changing farclip a.s.o also doesnīt do the trick, when i load a different map then again, everything is normal. Maybe you could try the map yourself after editing, but it seems the erebus maps are sick to death with this bug...

!
                                        Faun
                                        Sad

Faun: Help!

The map is fine, I can open it without any trouble. Have you actually properly deleted the original from your world folder, then downloaded the fixed version?

Did you read my tutorial? Do you have my editor1 file installed in your copy of savage? Have you centered the map (center in console) then pressed buttons 1 through to 5 as well as then dropping farclip back to 100000 ?

Faun
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 03:44:43 am »

i have downloaded and installed editor1 now, seems like a handy thing, but my blank screen when loading the downloaded modified erebus file is still the same. Iīve done all the measures you pointed out in the same order - no change. I additionally recognized that its impossible also to change fog levels. This happens only with the altered files, the unchanged erebus is loading completely normal.  I really donīt get a clue of this, when you tell me that it works for you iīm about to take heart the two maps arenīt completely trashed by this bug. Just why canīt i open/play the maps anymore...? If you consider the map is working, maybe i could ask you to put your version online because i canīt verify...

p.s.: i had to look your profile for your loc. in view of our funny correspondence time, greetings round the globe from aut to aus Smiley
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:47:25 am by Faun » Logged
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 04:00:18 am »

i have downloaded and installed editor1 now, seems like a handy thing, but my blank screen when loading the downloaded modified erebus file is still the same. Iīve done all the measures you pointed out in the same order - no change. I additionally recognized that its impossible also to change fog levels. This happens only with the altered files, the unchanged erebus is loading completely normal.  I really donīt get a clue of this, when you tell me that it works for you iīm about to take heart the two maps arenīt completely trashed by this bug. Just why canīt i open/play the maps anymore...? If you consider the map is working, maybe i could ask you to put your version online because i canīt verify...

p.s.: i had to look your profile for your loc. in view of our funny correspondence time, greetings round the globe from aut to aus Smiley

Oh hi, another Austrian eh. With our similarity in country names, its almost like we are cousins eh.

So one more question. If you open your savage folder up and go to:

savage/graveyard/world

do you have any maps placed in this folder other than "world#" and "new#" ? You don't want anything in this folder other than those two map types, so if erebus has some how managed to make it into that folder, delete it.

Faun
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 04:10:14 am »

No erebus file in the graveyard/world. there are 11 s2z, only 8 blank and 3 new
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 04:18:50 am »

Ok I think I see what's going on here. There is actually a bug with the map uploader. For some reason it isn't updating the map, so even though I am uploading a newer version, what everyone downloads from it is the old version. I have no idea what it is doing this, I have tried twice now to upload a "clean" version but it keeps giving me your old bugged version to download. Standby for the moment until I get this sorted.

In the meantime, I have attached my fixed version of erebus to this post.

* erebus.s2z (26.25 KB - downloaded 128 times.)

Faun
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 04:37:32 am »

Ahhh Grin

Once more the sayer from your tutorial proves itīs right:

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties desappear and obstacles vanish."
~John Quincy Adams

I just found out i actually never tried to rename the file to erebus, i always tried to start it up whilst having the file renamed like erebus2. That didnīt work, now i named it erebus(as the files included in it), and IT WORKED! Grin Cheesy Grin

Sorry for consuming a lot of your time, when its just my fault - thanks for being stubborn enough to keep on! I can get both versions fixed now and will update erebus (also reducing the fog - when you say...) and put moss_erebus online. THANKS more than a 1000 times!

Edited to add a summary: Editing the objpos file in the zipped map solved the problem, but be sure to rename your safety copy when doing this, instead of renaming the altered file...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 05:00:01 am by Faun » Logged
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 04:41:29 am »

Ahhh Grin

Once more the sayer from your tutorial proves itīs right:

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties desappear and obstacles vanish."
~John Quincy Adams

I just found out i actually never tried to rename the file to erebus, i always tried to start it up whilst having the file renamed like erebus2. That didnīt work, now i named it erebus(as the files included in it), and IT WORKED! Grin Cheesy Grin

Sorry for consuming a lot of your time, when its just my fault - thanks for being stubborn enough to keep on! I can get both versions fixed now and will update erebus (also reducing the fog - when you say...) and put moss_erebus online. THANKS more than a 1000 times!

Great news!

So in the mean time, I am sorry to say that I deleted erebus from the mapping section, you will have to re upload it when you are ready (including the description I am sorry). At the moment, erebus is up in the mapping section under a different name "redmap" (I was trying to identify the naming issue).

Oh and as you now realise. You can't manually just rename maps, they have to be renamed via the editor.

Faun
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 12:19:23 am »

Some Images from moss_erebus :

An Overview

Gate

A cool spot for warmup games Wink

The tactical situation in closeup

http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=1994
-----

And some views on xr_four

The swamps

Some dangerous place  Evil