Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 13, 2022, 01:58:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190199 Posts in 11019 Topics by 18669 Members
Latest Member: CaptLtColAfonso
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  New Savage client! and Steam release?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Savage client! and Steam release?  (Read 556 times)
Telvek
Competition Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2022, 08:20:05 pm »

We proudly announce a new Savage XR client: Savage DRX

Including many improvements like:

• improved mouse input
  • improved netcode
  • pmine lag and other bug fixes
  • better armor color cycling
  • improved memory usage
  • and many more!

There is also a steam release in work right now, so stay tuned!
Further Information and big-shout out to biggeruniverse

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:23:24 pm by Telvek » Logged

Seghi
Play4fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 01:20:38 pm »

Wow, it's incredible to witness your dedication for quality in the world of Savage. I feel grateful to each one of you who is involved in the process of the Steam and DRX release. Well done! Have you celebrated yet?

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 04:08:12 pm »

i hope it has a shoutbox

Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 10:10:44 pm »

Good luck. Respect for trying to keep Savage alive after all these years.

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 07:25:57 pm »

I just read on reddit that the Newerth.com website will be going down to make room for the new and improved DRX/BIGGER/DJINIGHIS server cove.

Lets take a moment of silence to remember all the hours and days porusing and connecting with people on this ancient piece of internet,- and personal history.

May your rest me long and memories pure, goodbye, Newerth.com

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 08:12:54 am »

I just read on reddit that the Newerth.com website will be going down to make room for the new and improved DRX/BIGGER/DJINIGHIS server cove.
There comes a time...

There's plenty of reasons for Newerth ending. Keeping up simply gets harder over time. More and more reaches EOL and is unmaintained. It is soon going to cost more than people are willing to invest in.

I however do not really understand why DRX will reimplement the masterserver? That bit is open-source and otherwise still a really simple thing to reimplement! Stats and such will be indeed difficult and can be made way better; The current system requires way to many parts!

Stats is complicated as that's currently 2 systems (and a third one doing rankings). I wish I knew the old protocol (still used by the servers). Then it might be much easier to offer some life-support for the XR and previous clients.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 01:38:51 pm by Groentjuh » Logged

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 12:16:23 am »

Thank you to those of you producing "drx". The game lives on, but with your support it indeed has gone beyond what was expected.

I do agree with Groentjuh's concerns, but there may be reasons im unaware of, so it would be unfair to judge.

There is an option and nothing preventing the team from continuing hosting the existing auth (stats, masterserver, clans, users, etc). XR would continue to work as expected, clans/users would remain as-is. But they have actively chosen not to do this (i.e. delete all clans/users) as a strategy to move players onto their new client.

Again, there may be a reason im unaware of (e.g. their attempts to get it onto steam). But it does seem a shame to discard that database when there was most definitely an option available to keep it going (with ease). If it turns out there are reasons beyond my knowledge, fair play.

Either way, good luck to all those who have supported the game over the years. Especially groentjuh and DJ, you've got us this far.

The original.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: