New AU/bins are up.
I don't know when US Leet will update, but it will probably be soon as I believe AU is enabled.
Groentjuh and I agreed on a compromise that he gets to test the server bins for 2 days before having to enable AU on G&G - so expect G&G back on XR1.0 in 2 days.
What has changed since the last big update, you ask?Bug fixes:
- /ref switchteam being too strict (this includes some improvements to how team joining works).
- MACOSX being kicked for a wrong hash (sometimes).
- Shadows not scaling correctly (at all) with object scale.
- Server rules bugged.
- Players using "BALL" as name showing up as Sweet's footy mod's ball icon on minimap.
- Items switching slower (getting stuck) when switching via slot keys than via mousewheel.
- Mod prefixes with the same substrings overwriting one another.
- /ref python not accepting/using more than 1 arg.
- Buddies showing even on the enemy team.
- Cvar 'sound_voipEnabled' to disable (with 0) VOIP. Reducing volume to 0 doesn't disable it; this cvar does. (Mainly a workaround so MACOSX can turn it off to prevent crashing.)
Modding additions (do not affect normal Savage):
- Greatly reduced the load that AI units (e.g. workers and monkits) have on server performance.
(Stress tests showed that having 50 active AI around used up 100% of a weak server's CPU. Now it only takes up 4%. Obviously the real servers use less active AI and are stronger than our private testing server. )
- !search now uses an inbuilt own sorting algorithm instead of the slow one, thus using up less performance.
- !spawnobject now adjusts the spawned object's rotation to the object that is spawning it.
- Some minor clean ups here and there. Messy code makes kittens cry.
- "Unblockable" via states (already existed via objects). Allows attacks to be, you guessed it, unblockable.
- Item/object merging. Two items, in your inventory, can combine to one stronger item. (For more info, PM me.)
- Slots can now have levels; this includes level ups and GUI feedback. (For more info, PM me.)
- Added cvars player_meleeDamage, player_rangedDamage, player_speed.
- 'thornDamage' works for states now. (Works exactly like 'thornDamage' inside objects.)
Hope I didn't forget anything.
If this new update causes any bugs, just report them as usual. I'll be around to check on the servers the next days.
(If a Newerth Admin wishes to compile a main page post or a dev blog post, feel free to.)
Enjoy your update.