Newerth.com Development Team
, of over 30 people, is pleased to announce the 3rd Release Candidate (RC3) of Savage XR
Version 1.0, the next generation content patch for the popular RTSS, Savage: The Battle for Newerth (aka Savage 1). Happy holidays to all!
After much testing and stability profiling, we are finally releasing the XR server files! Polls have shown that XR is now at least as stable as SFE. As server admins start switching to XR, players will be able to start enjoying maps made especially for XR!Overview of the XR server features
- Supports new XR props (Aztec theme, Arabic theme...)
- Supports XR physics objects (boulders, crates...).
- Supports triggers & special effects emitters.
- New NPCs (shrull, crawler, ronin, macaque, panda)
- New Bots system.
- New private vote type, visible only to own team (/callvote msgcomm)
- New Skill capping system (optional).
- New Veteran Nerfing system (optional).
- Integrated Mods: Samurai Wars, Extreme, Ex2.Bots in Savage!
Server admins can now include bots on their servers. The bots are still experimental, but they promise to be useful on servers with few players (2-4). They can be made to automatically replace players when there are less than a given number in each team. Below is a video showing what 32v32 bots looks like!Ex2 integrated into XR
The Ex2 mod is being rescripted & recoded into XR. Unique Ex2 features include:
- Ability to drop weapons/items on the ground.
- Up hill Leaping with beasts.
Ex2 style melee has not been reproduced yet, but we hope to work on that between now and the next release.
We have setup a server where you can play Ex2 24/7 (Ex2 Revival Server
- New: Tutorials
We have created the first tutorial map, in a planned series of between 6 and 8 in total.
You will notice the new tutorial button in the main menu.
- New FPS player HUD.
- New Melee icons for all units.
- Improved Hall of Fame (accuracy panel).
- New script command playSound to play sound files from mods
- Savage XR can be built as native 64bit binaries
- More robust sound subsystem initialization
- Dynamic loadout presets which remember the items you last used.
- Experimental VOIP support (currently disabled due to crashing, will be fixed soon).
- New file I/O subsystem
- New story board, introducing the player to the Savage world.
- Spectating players even when they're in loadout.Bug Fixes
- Fixed Editor crashing all the time.
- Fixed crash with loading demo and reloading the GUI.
- Fixed Sliders-GUI. (Bug #311)
- Fixed player_kills & player_deaths, they no longer update while spectating.
- Fixed sound device selection.
- Fixed Linux sound to default to ALSA
- Fixed translucency (Bug #307)
- Fixed minimap lagging
- Fixed autoupdater memory and connectivity errors.How do I get Savage XR Release Candidate 3?
If you already have Savage XR installed, the Auto-Updater will take care of updating your client to RC3. If you haven't installed Savage XR yet you can get it from our download section
If you experience any issues with the Auto Updater
please uninstall your current copy of Savage XR and download and install a fresh copy of RC3 as these installers fix several issues with the old RC2 autoupdater.
___________________________________How do I use the new HUD features? (ingame interface)
1. Changing HUDs (Heads-Up Display = the bars, values and indicators in FPS mode)
Go to Options/System/Game/Game/Ingame FPS HUD interface skin
and select one of the 4 available HUDs:
(the brand new high-detail, high resolution graphical HUD)
(video game style HUD with high contrast and large fonts)
(low profile HUD, maximizing play area, everything moved down)
(the old Savage HUD, exactly like it was on previous versions)
You can also adjust the transparency (HUD Alpha
) for the Arcade and Smoke HUD elements backgrounds.
2. I can't get used to the right side HP bar, what do i do?
Enable the Options/System/Game/Game/Left Side HP Bar
setting. It will move the HP bar to the left, for all the new HUDs (Hi-Res, Arcade and Smoke). But remember, Hi-Res HUD is designed to offer the gamer faster info, done by looking only to one side of the screen, not pendulating between left and right margins. Also, the Legacy HUD has the HP bar fixed on the left side of the screen, just like SFE.
3. What's the colored circle around the crosshair?
To further speed up HUD feedback, the 3 important bars (HP, Stamina and Ammo/Mana) are displayed around the Crosshair. You can disable it by setting Options/Game/Crosshair/Crosshair Info Mode
to None, or change it between modes (Ring
bars). You can also change its transparency from the next dropdown menu, Crosshair Info Alpha
4. Other new features
- You can now select between a collection of 36 different crosshairs (Options/Game/Crosshair/Choose Crosshair
parameters are now independently adjustable for both Crosshair icon and background.
- If you want more free screen real estate in duel modes, make sure Options/Game/Game/Hide TOP in Duels
option is enabled.
- Different modes for displaying FPS
(Instant, Average, Server FPS, Instant+Average, Instant+Server, all of them)