Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2017, 03:36:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188369 Posts in 10857 Topics by 17873 Members
Latest Member: milosz99
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  Savage: XR 1.0 RC3 Released!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage: XR 1.0 RC3 Released!  (Read 50090 times)
DeoX

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2009, 05:17:24 pm »

I couldn't spawn as ballista because I spawned before ballista was researched.
LaCe

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2009, 06:08:46 pm »

I have no sound (after reinstalled, un-re-installed several times). I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, and this is the first time I have this problem. (So, I rather not try RC3 like this Sad )
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 06:10:34 pm »

Is this of any help?
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,9524.msg127346.html#msg127346

Auross

I can see you :P

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2009, 06:25:42 pm »

Can I do something to get tutorial running without reinstall Savage? (Don't want to lose binds etc.)
RC3 I got with autoupdater not with full install.

Seriti

-AoN- Clan Co-Leader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 06:39:12 pm »

Luv but. With this new Health bar i'm more distracted and i don't pay attention to it. So i can't Med properly like before. Possible to have same interface than before BUT with this new aiming thing with stamina, health and ammo/mana?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 06:51:51 pm »

How do I use the new HUD features?

1. Changing HUDs (Heads-Up Display = the bars, values and indicators in FPS mode)
Go to Options/System/Game/Game and select one of the 4 available HUDs:
- Hi-Res (the brand new high-detail, high resolution graphical HUD)
- Arcade (video game style HUD with high contrast and large fonts)
- Smoke (low profile HUD, maximizing play area, everything moved down)
- Legacy (the old Savage HUD, exactly like it was on previous versions)
You can also adjust the transparency (HUD Alpha) for the Arcade and Smoke HUD elements backgrounds.

@SERITI
2. I can't get used to the right side HP bar, what do i do?
Enable the Options/System/Game/Game/Left Side HP Bar setting. It will move the HP bar to the left, but ONLY for Arcade and Smoke HUDs. Hi-Res hud is designed to offer the gamer faster info, done by looking only to one side of the screen, not pendulating between left and right margins. Also, the Legacy HUD has the HP bar on the left, just like SFE.

3. What's the colored circle around the crosshair?
To further speed up HUD feedback, the 3 important bars (HP, Stamina and Ammo/Mana) are displayed around the Crosshair. You can disable it by setting Options/Game/Crosshair/Crosshair Info Mode to None, or change it between modes (Ring, Numbers, Vertical, Horizontal or Mixed bars). Also, you can change it's transparency from the next dropdown menu, Crosshair Info Alpha.

4. Other new features
- You can now select between a collection of 36 different crosshairs (Options/Game/Crosshair/Choose Crosshair).
- Alpha and Size parameters are now independently adjustable for both Crosshair icon and background.
- If you want more free screen real estate in duel modes, make sure Options/Game/Game/Hide TOP in Duels option is enabled.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 07:06:44 pm by Daemon » Logged

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2009, 06:55:59 pm »

I'm getting a crash report when trying to join any server.  Undecided

http://www.edu.lahti.fi/~jetola/savage/savage-crash-report.zip

Looking at this now.
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2009, 06:57:05 pm »

I have no sound (after reinstalled, un-re-installed several times). I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, and this is the first time I have this problem. (So, I rather not try RC3 like this Sad )

Try turning off software mode in the sound options and tell me how you get on..
DeoX

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2009, 07:17:34 pm »

BUG: 'Arcade' hud with 'zero' alpha disables combat log (kill texts and sprees).
Seriti

-AoN- Clan Co-Leader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2009, 07:24:08 pm »

How do I use the new HUD features?

1. Changing HUDs (Heads-Up Display = the bars, values and indicators in FPS mode)
Go to Options/System/Game/Game and select one of the 4 available HUDs:
- Hi-Res (the brand new high-detail, high resolution graphical HUD)
- Arcade (video game style HUD with high contrast and large fonts)
- Smoke (low profile HUD, maximizing play area, everything moved down)
- Legacy (the old Savage HUD, exactly like it was on previous versions)
You can also adjust the transparency (HUD Alpha) for the Arcade and Smoke HUD elements backgrounds.

@SERITI
2. I can't get used to the right side HP bar, what do i do?
Enable the Options/System/Game/Game/Left Side HP Bar setting. It will move the HP bar to the left, but ONLY for Arcade and Smoke HUDs. Hi-Res hud is designed to offer the gamer faster info, done by looking only to one side of the screen, not pendulating between left and right margins. Also, the Legacy HUD has the HP bar on the left, just like SFE.

3. What's the colored circle around the crosshair?
To further speed up HUD feedback, the 3 important bars (HP, Stamina and Ammo/Mana) are displayed around the Crosshair. You can disable it by setting Options/Game/Crosshair/Crosshair Info Mode to None, or change it between modes (Ring, Numbers, Vertical, Horizontal or Mixed bars). Also, you can change it's transparency from the next dropdown menu, Crosshair Info Alpha.

4. Other new features
- You can now select between a collection of 36 different crosshairs (Options/Game/Crosshair/Choose Crosshair).
- Alpha and Size parameters are now independently adjustable for both Crosshair icon and background.
- If you want more free screen real estate in duel modes, make sure Options/Game/Game/Hide TOP in Duels option is enabled.

oups ^^

Thanks a lot.
LaCe

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2009, 07:42:33 pm »

Tried it before, with restart too, still nothing... now I'll reboot the system, and retry
Shame

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 07:55:40 pm »

its just a suggestion but it's getting relly boring to download sep only for getting the mpuck maps, is it possible to include it in the XR pack?? or maybe it is a pack already that i didnt find?

maybe just an archive in the download section with those silly maps ?

@LaCe u had the RC2 on the same OS working fine?
Did u install it as root (sudo)?What if u check the software checkbox in the option panel?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 08:03:06 pm by Shame » Logged
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2009, 08:00:40 pm »

Tried it before, with restart too, still nothing... now I'll reboot the system, and retry

Could you upload your debug.log file with softwaremode on and off I have no problems with sound on 9.10.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 08:02:57 pm »

BUG: 'Arcade' hud with 'zero' alpha disables combat log (kill texts and sprees).

Well i thought you would not wanna see everything unimportant. I can put it back of course. Noted.

Shame

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2009, 08:05:41 pm »

nice job you 2 guys btw Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: