Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 05:07:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188663 Posts in 10888 Topics by 17952 Members
Latest Member: Freans
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Archived (-03.11.14)
| | | |-+  USA Referees
| | | | |-+  Tyberius
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tyberius  (Read 1648 times)
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:08:04 pm »

If you see this guy, try get his UID (click his name in userlist then info, its at the bottom).

Hes brought up a few things about refs (in general) which I do half-agree with.

The first one being, we shouldn't really kick comms for bailing. Yes its annoying and some other servers do but it can easily be misjudged (e.g. if the person needed to leave or go afk, yet the ref assumed they were bailing).

Secondly, he made some claims (no proof) about refs having a slight attitude. Regardless of if hes right or not, just try to be nice to everyone even if they're annoying. Refs need to be seen as neutral and not to dislike anyone so having a matching attitude is exactly what I expect.

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 03:21:58 am »

Lately the bitching about anything a ref does has gone out of control.  They don't like following the rules.

Don't like the rules don't play.  I'm kick of sick of the bitching and many of those doing it are old timers that want to exploit.

Oh and NO ONE wants to respect the refs and what they do.  you stop votes its ref abuse, you slay behes camping its ref abuse you warn people with language its ref abuse

Hell Woot is one of the worst and called me a nigga the other night.  Immediate Kick.  I don't tollerate hate language or racial slurs..and no I'm not black.

JMZ  can I suggest we repost the rules and make sure that EVERYONE is informed that they will be enforced so stop whinning.

Sorry long day and having to sue 2 different people puts you in a mood  Cheesy
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 05:41:39 pm »

lol

the main thing I need you guys to do though is the warn-action process.
So if someone does do something against the rules, warn them before taking action.

In the case of someone calling you a n****r directly though, a kick could be justified.

I do think we should loosen up on taking action against bailing comms though. They may mean to bail or they may just have things to do outside of savage, easy to incorrectly assume they are bailing.

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
McNasty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 04:15:13 pm »

People on the servers these days just taunt the refs to punish them honestly, but not many refs unnecessarily flaunt their status to intimidate other players. 

Cobra,
Nigga, was you probably know, "nigga" isn't at all the same as saying "n***er", its basically equivalent to brother or homie, which aren't racial slurs at all.  However, some players use the word to test the refs to see if they will do anything.  I personally do not find the word offensive if its used properly.

1-2-3 you're dead

Wc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 01:15:24 am »

Read the rules Mcdaddy nig nag jew = KIck
Standard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:40:07 pm »

i once nig nag jewed on someones face...is that the same?
Ender

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 04:23:11 pm »

Haha.. "Nigga" used properly.  Oh dear.
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 09:43:07 am »

Oh btw I found out who it was.

But he wont (ever) admit its him. He left sav ages ago (but really just came back as an alias, now an alias of his alias).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:09:59 pm by JmZ » Logged

Calie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 10:25:05 am »

Who is it? I dont understand the point of alias's. Just be your self and dont worry what people think. Alias's are for people who are too overly worried about their self image. Boo hoo stats qqq people hate me omgomgomgomgomg!. Worrying is overrated.

edit: or for ninjas
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:31:00 am by Calie » Logged
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 02:10:55 pm »

I won't say who it is but ill make it easy to guess lol.

Half the clan he was/is in started to dislike him.

Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 02:59:09 pm »

Blood?  Grin
slashandburn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 04:12:23 pm »

Sounds like a good guess.  Plus given Tyberius' trash talking, makes it a real good choice.  Everytime I've seen him on lately, he usually starts the trash talking, although he hasn't done it with me.
Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 12:40:32 am »

Well he was the reason for most of i| going out.  My reason for leaving as well.

Calie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 03:47:04 am »

You were in i| Cobra? Never knew.
JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 05:38:51 pm »

He was called Viper way back i think.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: