Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 12:39:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
179632 Posts in 10240 Topics by 16836 Members
Latest Member: xXHappyDeathXx
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Heroes of Newerth
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  "No response from server"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "No response from server"  (Read 39734 times)
xzist

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:02:12 am »

I've been getting "No response from server" messages when trying to join games since the beginning of this week. I hadn't received this messages at all before then. It seems to happen quite frequently. Whats going on?
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:46:56 am »

hmm maybe the servers are down..? Wink

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Trigardon
Wiki Admin
Newerth Donator
Legendary Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 12:43:15 pm »

hmm maybe the servers are down..? Wink

You get it when you timeout mostly ^^

KoopahTroopah
KoopahTroopa

I'll see you on the battlefield

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:38:36 pm »

Yeah it didn't start happening to me til last night. I think people actually used all those invites they got instead of letting them pile up on their accounts.

To my enemies, you stand for everything I live to crush.

Furinaux

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 05:48:41 pm »

I hate to revive a pretty old topic, but I have this same problem, too.

I took my computer home and my brother showed me HoN, and then I played it. Then I took it back to college and now I can't join any games. I can connect to HoN, chat, see the games list, but when I attempt to join I go to this ape-face load screen for about 5 seconds, then have this 'No Response from Server' error.

I've done a lot of searching and a few people have posted this issue across the web, but everyone ignores them or just says "you're just timing out". Okay.. well I KEEP timing out. I've timed out for about a MONTH now. What is the cure for the disease, rather than just identifying it.

I sent a message to customer service awhile back, and still haven't received a response. The answer to my problem probably sounds obvious since it worked at home and not at college, but I honestly don't know a thing about computers  besides turning them on or off, and my brother who knows a lot more than I do, doesn't have a clue, so I'm just hopeless now, lol.
Wiki-Kid
Archeryftw :D

SUPRISE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 01:42:59 am »

i cant join any server too, i can log in i see my status i see other people stats i can use the chat.
but i cant connect to any server or make one online already 3-4 days with that problem and my firewall doesn't block the game connection too cause i could connect before, how do i fix it?  huh

alkavan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 02:03:03 am »

have same problem, it worked before, and then just started saying "no response from server" few seconds after i press it.
anyone found a solution for this?
KoopahTroopah
KoopahTroopa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 06:00:46 am »

The only time I have gotten this error was one time mid game when my campus reset it's internet. It's definitely a network issue, but if you're getting it constantly, it's on your end. Could be ports, could be firewalls, could be anti virus software. I'd post on the beta.heroesofnewerth.com forums and see what the devs have to say about it.

alkavan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 11:17:29 am »

yea, it looks like a local network error indeed. but the fact is that the game worked before with the same configuration. so my guess it's some problem with the game it self. maybe old configuration.
domedan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 05:53:54 pm »

I just encountered this problem, and found out that it's caused by the firewall in my router.
this is from the log:

Code:
LAN-side SYN Flood 1 Tue May 11 18:27:53 2010  213.163.67.69:3168 192.168.0.10:60306

the firewall says that I'm doing a SYN Flood against the HoN server. Well, to be able to join a game I

Disable IP Flood Detection in my router.

hope this helps other people with this problem!
KoopahTroopah
KoopahTroopa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 11:02:46 pm »

I just encountered this problem, and found out that it's caused by the firewall in my router.
this is from the log:

Code:
LAN-side SYN Flood 1 Tue May 11 18:27:53 2010  213.163.67.69:3168 192.168.0.10:60306

the firewall says that I'm doing a SYN Flood against the HoN server. Well, to be able to join a game I

Hey good job mate.

sebbe1996

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 04:08:53 pm »

this is from the log:

Code:

How did you disable IP flood detection on your router? Tongue
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: