Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 04:54:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188663 Posts in 10888 Topics by 17952 Members
Latest Member: Freans
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Archived (-03.11.14)
| | | |-+  USA Referees
| | | | |-+  Siege Ruling
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Siege Ruling  (Read 1785 times)
Standard

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 12:00:30 am »

so, what about catas rolling up ramps and shooting 1/2 way across a map?  saw someone do it a min ago and it went over trees and a wall which a sub was a little behind..the cata shot was falling almost straight down on it...just curious, i didnt say anything to him about it cuz i wasnt too sure on this one.  imo, its lame as shit..since no other weapon/siege unit can do this.   
cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 01:49:24 am »

I agree, it's pretty lame that they can launch their projectiles so far, especially because they can always fall back on the  "it wasn't over a mountain" argument.

However, if a rule is made that a catapult can't shoot while being on an incline, at what angle does it become an offense? Would it just be up to the referee to decide or what?

JmZ
Teh JmZ
Gameserver Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »

There's a rule saying catas cant fire over walls which they aren't supposed to fire over.

So if a cata is shooting over a wall half the map away at a completely hidden structure, i'd say thats an offense.

You are but a speck of dust in the vastness of space, waiting to meet your end in the reality you created.
Cobra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 05:20:02 pm »

see that depends though.  If I get myself just right on the wall on OMO I can hit a sub even if its tucked behind the wall.  Hows it wrong that we can just change the angle?  the distance isn't going to really increase by that much but you can make that angle work for ya.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: