Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2018, 07:59:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189435 Posts in 10976 Topics by 18160 Members
Latest Member: nigdarogp
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  SUPPORT: Triggers Discussion Thread (Help and Advice)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SUPPORT: Triggers Discussion Thread (Help and Advice)  (Read 18996 times)
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2015, 02:46:32 am »

Couldn't get this to work with a spawnflag with on-inside trigger. I guess there's two possible reasons why it doesn't work, either none of the flags in trigger conditions match a spawnflag (I tested them all), or the flags match but !die doesn't work for it.The !search-function for looking up objects might be the key here, but I can't get it to work for even the simplest tests, and can't find an example of a map where it's used.

However, on-inside trigger that kills the target when a condition is true does work for a garrison/sublair, so spawning and killing an outpost would work as a poor man's substitute for a spawnflag.

e:

looking through the hum tutorial reavealed a lot of stuff that will help in making a commanderless map for small teams, perhaps i'll try that next.

Just to follow up on this

1. You are as far as I can tell correct will the !die function, it appears to only work with destructible/damaged objects, spawnflags apparently do not fall into that category.

2. I spent a little time trying to directly access the spawnflags team no. via scripts as well and it appears the variable is "read only" (gs_object_team) which means basically we can't follow that route either unless someone changes the variable to be overwritten, however I assume it is locked to 'read only' for good reasons (hack prevention etc.).

3. The only other way I thought might be possible is editing the spawnflag to make an unique object that is destructible that you then import, but I have in no way tested this yet and it is a fairly small chance I would reckon. However I thought I would mention it in case someone wanted to have a stab at it.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:48:59 am by Aneurysm » Logged

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2015, 02:15:36 pm »

3. The only other way I thought might be possible is editing the spawnflag to make an unique object that is destructible that you then import, but I have in no way tested this yet and it is a fairly small chance I would reckon. However I thought I would mention it in case someone wanted to have a stab at it.

Yeah, unique objects (or rather, modified, no idea if actually new objects could be introduced with a map) seem to be a possible answer to a lot of problems (like playing a continuous "underwater"-sound, similar to how sacrifice plays a continuous sound.) I haven't yet really looked much into how they might be used, but I think I will.

edit:

took a look at the object stuff, I believe it will be easy to modify the spawnflag so that the !die-function will work on it. Also everything I wanted to do in xr_bubbles but thought I couldn't should be easy to do with modified objects. Even if introducing new objects isn't possible it doesn't really matter, since any object not in use in the map (for example, dynamic objects in a map that doesn't use them) can likely be modified to do something completely different. Modifying objects opens up a whole new world of possibilites, for example flags that give buff reserves (like mag factory etc.) instead of spawnpoint when held, etc. Imagination is the limit.

e:

just tested it, only thing needed to make !die work on spawnflags are these two lines in the config files:

objedit spawnflag
objSet isVulnerable 1

this i believe will also make them take damage from melee though, so will have address that, perhaps by giving flags a state that blocks all damage (or 99% and a huge healthpool, if !die requires the object to take normal damage). despite recent events will have to give credit to djingis, i would have had no idea how to do this if i hadn't studied his maps.

actually the flag doesn't even take damage from players, guess the claimable attribute takes care of that, so no tinkering with states needed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:36:07 pm by KingKong_ » Logged
Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2015, 01:15:37 am »

Well done mate, that is a nice result, and thanks for sharing your findings

shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 01:17:26 am »

Is it possible to modify mohican's scripts/triggers in xr_mini to allow the following gameplay:

100:100 team score initiated upon match-start.
Each kill reduces the number by 1.
First team to 0 wins.
This is similar to TDM in a shooter.

Score of 100 used as example, not the end-all number used. This could also script to lower or increase depending upon the amount of players that are on the server or total players in the match upon start.

I wanted to create a modified version of an existing map whereas the goal is killing the opponents. (Sacrifices, unintentional kills via mines/npcs/wards/etc do not modify the number)

All tech buildings would be placed within the map already. The possibly of tech-trees being researched is still pending, but I would assume this is unlikely, since fighting for stone may increase team-fights of some sort.

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
-LioN-
Newerth Shoutcaster
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 11:16:55 am »

Sounds interesting, but you have to make the terrain even for kills/number,
besides, should you allow relocating?

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 12:16:19 pm »

Is it possible to modify mohican's scripts/triggers in xr_mini to allow the following gameplay:

100:100 team score initiated upon match-start.
Each kill reduces the number by 1.
First team to 0 wins.
This is similar to TDM in a shooter.

Score of 100 used as example, not the end-all number used. This could also script to lower or increase depending upon the amount of players that are on the server or total players in the match upon start.

I wanted to create a modified version of an existing map whereas the goal is killing the opponents. (Sacrifices, unintentional kills via mines/npcs/wards/etc do not modify the number)

All tech buildings would be placed within the map already. The possibly of tech-trees being researched is still pending, but I would assume this is unlikely, since fighting for stone may increase team-fights of some sort.

Yes shun this is easily doable, I'm on my mobile right now but when I'm back home I'll set up a pirate pad with some basic scripts to get you rolling. In the mean time you should check out the wiki page to gain an understanding of how scripting works in savage and gs scripting works in mapping

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 02:20:40 pm »

*A fight club map which plays like any other normal map but has a twist. Both bases got a teleport leading to a battle cage where you have to fight to your death. Certain items such as reloc and mines/firewards could be stripped from players upon teleporting. Getting a kill inside the cage awards your team with redstone and restores your hp/stamina/mana/ammo. Only one player from each team can be fighting at the same time. After dying in the cage next player from your team can enter the teleport and challenge the champion. The cage could be at a central location so players passing by can spectate the duels.

I thought this to be a great idea, and it seems like the scripting is a bit similar  to the above mentioned idea, but with a few tweaks and adjustments.

So I'm looking forward to the piratepad and seeing the scripting come to frutition so I can shamelessly steal your code  Evil

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »

That mode would likely need something imaginative gameplay-wise to give beast a chance to win. If reloc is available hums are likely unbeatable, if it's not available my guess is hums are still unbeatable, because they'd be forced to move in ranged death balls to avoid certain death in sudden 2v1 situations.

I'm curious to know if there's any good methods to detecting when kills have been made. Simply going by team score wouldn't work since disconnecting would alter the scores, you could get rid of deaths by just changing accounts. If there's no better way it might require keeping track of scores of every player on the server and checking them every x seconds to detect kills.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:47:01 pm by KingKong_ » Logged
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2015, 04:50:39 pm »

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking KingKong. That's why the 1vs1 duel proposition sounds better to my liking. Preventing relocs getting into an arena should be possible by some kind of item check (which I don't know how to do, I'm no coder what so ever).

Regarding team scores maybe it's possible to figure out a race limited kill counter of some sort!

Again, I know how to design and build maps but for coding I'll have to rely on outside help as well!

blame!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 05:01:19 pm »

this thread is triggering me

SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
!
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2016, 11:13:38 pm »

Anyone help me with this;

When a Grim's Wall is destroyed, I want it to spawn another Grim's wall in another location,

I might be able to get it to work, using !spawnobject, but I can't control the orientation or the Z-level of the new Grim's Wall. Anyone got ideas?

Also, is there a way to make a prop destructible, for example creating an object in your  map file, and using it, where would I put it?

ShamanShield
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2018, 07:18:11 pm »

Catapult/mortar/launcher trigger:

Trigger flags: objProjectile, onInside
script:
Code:
@activate
!die target

Tried this one but got a never ending explosion spectacle... and rip ears  Grin

I guess it's obsolete code nowadays or I'm doing something wrong. Used aabox trigger for this.

* catafireworks.png (608.65 KB, 716x686 - viewed 50 times.)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2018, 07:37:58 pm »

Well, if they're exploding, I'd say the script is working. :p
But projectiles do work differently than other actually killable objects, hence the likely issue of them not disappearing.

The real question is, has this script ever fully worked? Rolleyes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: