Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2017, 09:35:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188664 Posts in 10888 Topics by 17952 Members
Latest Member: Freans
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  REPORT: Linux Savage XR Bugs
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: REPORT: Linux Savage XR Bugs  (Read 105316 times)
andrew1

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2013, 09:19:27 am »

Error in action InstallSelectedFiles: bad end of central directory record
Corrupted install file?
andrew1

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2013, 04:19:26 pm »

Sorry, it's me again :)
I've changed my video card to HD6450 and tried xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin with current updates.
Have several problems with it.

1) Xorg crash in OsLookupColor() while game launch when using X Glamor extension. Upstream problem, solved it with workaround (disabled Glamor).
More info:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=957915
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=64912
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=66515

2) "setsave vid_fullscreen 0" isn't effective when added to ~/.savage/startup.cfg
It have to be placed in game/settings/default.cfg to be applied.
As far as i remember it isn't a new issue.

In case of conflict between game/settings/current.cfg and game/settings/default.cfg the latter one has priority (might be strange too).

3) Game reports that following extensions are missing (full log attached). However they are present in glxinfo output (attached) with slightly different naming ("GL_" prefix).

Code:
Extension ARB_shading_language_100 not available
Extension ARB_shader_objects not available
Extension ARB_vertex_shader not available
Extension ARB_fragment_shader not available

So log tells that GLSL is not supported. gfx_allVBO is set to 1.

4) Segfault at line 35 still present. Console log attached, previously mentioned here:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,6616.msg176163.html#msg176163

debug.log seem cropped, that might be related.

5) Linking error between r600_dri.so (system) and libstdc++.so.6 (savage-supplied):

Code:
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (./libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so))

(see also the console.log)

6) Sound is absent. Some related info is present in console.log

7) Mouse moves seem to have some delay. Not sure how to explain it. Looks like a ~0.1s gap between you move the mouse and mouse pointer actually receives the new data.
Don't know whether it is related to software, hardware, game config or just game feature :)

8) Textures still missing o_O
It's the fresh game install, libtxc_dxtn (32 and 64bit) is installed, game log reports "OpenGL: s3tc seems to be supported".
Launching it like "force_s3tc_enable=true ./savage.bin" doesn't help.

9) "libpng error" and sh_threads.py errors mentioned in the console log.

SW: Fedora 19 x64
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.14.3-1.fc19.x86_64
xorg-x11-drv-ati-7.1.0-5.20130408git6e74aacc5.fc19.x86_64
kernel-3.11.1-200.fc19.x86_64

* glxinfo.log (56.58 KB - downloaded 115 times.)
* debug.log (8 KB - downloaded 119 times.)
* console.log (3.14 KB - downloaded 122 times.)
biggeruniverse
Disrespectful Newerth Coder and Occasional Admin

Savage Days

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2013, 04:40:36 pm »

You may be out of luck, all the XR devs moved on to a project designed to fail.

https://twitter.com/SavageRebirth
Quote from: Helios
You mean an already 7 yr old game is going to die eventually?  Good call there Nostradumbass
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2013, 05:09:29 pm »

It's a trend.

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2013, 12:47:23 pm »

Hi, I have a problem installing Savage XR on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit. When trying to run the auto-updater, i get the message:

./a-u.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm guessing this is because I was unable to install the ia32-libs package, which I believe has been removed from Ubuntu 13.10 as deprecated. Trying to run the game directly tells me I'm missing libXft.so.2

I'm new to Ubuntu and couldn't find a solution to this myself, does anyone know of a workaround? If the cause of the problem is the missing ia32-libs package, then this one would probably affect everyone with a fresh Ubuntu 13.10 64bit installation. Still, I couldn't find any mention of this problem with google, so maybe this is just me being stupid somehow.

I've had Savage XR working with no problems on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit, presumably because back then I could install the required package with sudo apt-get install ia32-libs.

Anyone had this problem before? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks for any answers.
Mr Brightside
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:06 pm »

Hi,

Not updated to 13.10 yet, but from what I've heard it's to do with the transition to multiarch support. I think the solution will probably boil down to having to install all the libraries individually (with a bit of sudo apt-get install action going on); however, until I update, I won't have a chance to see what libraries need to be installed & check it out. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than me will know straight away  Smiley

Edit: Just asked a mate & he reckons ia32-libs has been replaced with three (smaller) packages: lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0. Does anyone know if this is true & if so, will it help?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:32:09 pm by Mr Brightside » Logged

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2013, 09:13:07 am »

Edit: Just asked a mate & he reckons ia32-libs has been replaced with three (smaller) packages: lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0. Does anyone know if this is true & if so, will it help?

These are the packages apt-get recommends when you try to install ia32-libs, but I've already tried installing these and it doesn't fix the issue. I guess I'll have to settle with playing the game on Windows for now.

Thanks to you and your mate for the effort though.
anirudh_mirmira

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

Hello!

Im using Ubuntu 13.10 (64bit), I could install Savage XR without much problems but the screen went black and went to the log in screen. I figured that it might be due to the missing 32bit libs and installed all of them by hand. But even now when I run the game, the same thing happens.
I even tried the isTesting"1"  workaround, but isnt really helping me.
DogTheBountyHunter

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2014, 07:00:28 pm »

Hi,

Not updated to 13.10 yet, but from what I've heard it's to do with the transition to multiarch support. I think the solution will probably boil down to having to install all the libraries individually (with a bit of sudo apt-get install action going on); however, until I update, I won't have a chance to see what libraries need to be installed & check it out. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than me will know straight away  Smiley

I'm having the same issue as KingKong_. I'm on Ubuntu 13.10, 64 bit. After I downloaded the "xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin" install file from this site and made it executable (chmod +x ./xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin), nothing happened when I went to run it. I tried running it by double-clicking on the file, as well as running it from the terminal (./xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin). In the terminal, there was no output text at all after running, it just moved down to a new blank line.

After doing my own research, I've also come to the same conclusion that this is caused by Ubuntu 13.10's recent lack of ia32-libs due to the move to multiarch. There is apparently no safe, easy way to install ia32-libs without risking the system being wrecked, and I don't know enough about these things to know which libraries to install instead or if that would even be the solution. It's possible the installer file might need to be updated. Those who updated to 13.10 from a previous Ubuntu version will likely be unaffected because ia32-libs remains on the system, but those who made a clean install of 13.10 are basically screwed for now. As time goes on, this will eventually affect everyone running Ubuntu, especially considering the new LTS release 14.04 is coming out in April.

If anyone can tinker around with getting XR running on a clean install of Ubuntu 13.10 (or the developer version of 14.04 LTS), and letting us know your results, that would be awesome. You could even do your tinkering by installing Ubuntu on a USB flash drive without affecting your main system. Thanks!
Zorn
XR Mapper

And who are YOU?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2014, 05:19:15 pm »

These are the packages apt-get recommends when you try to install ia32-libs, but I've already tried installing these and it doesn't fix the issue.

Problem still exists. Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Beta (stable will be released on 17th of April; Beta is as good as stable) is not working with both: The înstaller downloaded from Newerth nor even on Desura.

Since lot of the linuxusers are using 64bit versions it would be great, to have a running linux version of Savage XR. Especially because Savage XR is promoted to run under linux.

Any chance that we get a 64bit compatible version in the near future?

EDIT - Workaround: Use the ldd Unix command to detect the missing libraries (dependencies). Example:

Code:
~/Games/savagexr$ ldd a-u.bin

Then install the missing libraries manually by typing something like:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libcurl3:i386

For me, that solved the problem. I did this for a-u.bin, savage.bin and silverback.bin. After that, I had to install the proprietary fglrx graphics driver, because of missing textures when using the opensource radeon driver. Now it's working like a charm Afro
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:55:58 am by Zorn » Logged

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: 'I'm possible'!"
Audrey Hepburn

DogTheBountyHunter

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2014, 07:56:49 am »

Workaround: Use the ldd Unix command to detect the missing libraries (dependencies).

I just tried running ldd on xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin, but it doesn't give a list of dependency libraries, it only returns "not a dynamic executable."

I [used the ldd command] for a-u.bin, savage.bin and silverback.bin.

Where did you get these three files from? Are they not part of xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin?

Since lot of the linuxusers are using 64bit versions it would be great, to have a running linux version of Savage XR. Especially because Savage XR is promoted to run under linux. Any chance that we get a 64bit compatible version in the near future?

I agree, it really looks like we need a 64-bit version of Savage XR for linux. We can't expect people will bother hacking their systems and tracking down old dependencies like this to make it work. I hope there are people reading this who can make 64-bit happen.
Zorn
XR Mapper

And who are YOU?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2014, 08:18:55 pm »

@drfunko:

1. You can't run ldd directly on xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin.
2. xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin is the installer - so you first have to chmod +x YOURDESIREDDIRECTORY/xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin
3. Then run the installer like this: ./YOURDESIREDDIRECTORY/xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin
4. After installing the game you can use ldd on the mentioned files.

Good luck!

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: 'I'm possible'!"
Audrey Hepburn

DogTheBountyHunter

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2014, 10:02:00 pm »

@HugiN

Thanks for your help. I tried these steps and this is what my Terminal looks like:

Code:
drfunko@ubuntu:~$ cd Downloads/savage
drfunko@ubuntu:~/Downloads/savage$ ls
xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin
drfunko@ubuntu:~/Downloads/savage$ chmod +x xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin
drfunko@ubuntu:~/Downloads/savage$ ./xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin
drfunko@ubuntu:~/Downloads/savage$

As you can see, nothing happens when I try to execute the installer by running "./xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin". The terminal  moves down to a new blank line immediately, as if it finished the command.

If I try double-clicking on the installer in the GUI file browser (after making it executable), a message pops up saying: "Could not display “xr_setup-1.0-cl_lin_prod.bin. The file is of an unknown type.” This pop up window has 2 buttons "Select Application" and "OK."

I can't seem to install Savage XR.
DogTheBountyHunter

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2014, 12:52:01 am »

Okay, I finally figured out how to get Savage running on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04. Read my guide here to learn how to install and run the game:
TUTORIAL: Installing Savage XR on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04
commella

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2016, 04:00:48 am »

I have the next error on start, i cant play on ubuntu 15.10 64 bits, python error ??

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named zipfile

Python Error: Cannot read module file sh_threads!
<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
No module named threading
Python Error: Cannot read module file sh_utils!
<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
No module named inspect
Signal SIGSEGV received.

Stack dump:
{
   ./savage.bin(_Z15print_backtracei+0x2a) [0x80f643a]
   [0xf776db70]
   ../libs/libpython2.7.so.1.0(PyString_AsString+0x20) [0xe7f6c8e0]
   /home/pp/Games/savage-xr///game/game.so(_Z22normalize_line_endingsP7_object+0x20) [0xe8328c50]
   /home/pp/Games/savage-xr///game/game.so(_Z26Python_LoadProtectedModulePKc+0x92) [0xe8329072]
   /home/pp/Games/savage-xr///game/game.so(_Z14SV_Python_Initv+0x38) [0xe8304208]
   /home/pp/Games/savage-xr///game/game.so(InitGameDLL+0xee) [0xe83271de]
   ./savage.bin() [0x80f7e6d]
   ./savage.bin() [0x80ec7a3]
   ./savage.bin() [0x80f723f]
   /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xde) [0xf6dd772e]
   ./savage.bin() [0x80860c1]
}
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: