Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 01:02:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188605 Posts in 10883 Topics by 17932 Members
Latest Member: MrStoner
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  REPORT: Windows Savage XR Bugs
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: REPORT: Windows Savage XR Bugs  (Read 85623 times)
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »

Hi. Noticed a small "annoying" bug.

When G&G server goes nextmap after a round, and you automatically enter the screen with chat, and the overview of the teams + specators, you dont see votes. You hear the sound of a vote, starting, but you cant see it in that screen. I dont think its soemthing that happends all the time. I think it happends only when you join the server after the vote have started.

This was not the case earlier, before the 1.1 patch. I noticed this because I sometimes, when I wanna play a map, I choose the map in the vote panel, and spam the callvote button, while i  wait for a vote to finnish. This isn't the case anymore, and i have to press "play" to see any active votes going on, which really sux because then I have to leave the vote panel and someone else might call a shit map instead   Sacrifice .

Edit1: On second thought, the "bug" is more critical than it seems. If this applies to all players who is in that screen, then as a result, comms might be elected slower, and warmup lasting longer in general for each map played.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:04:44 pm by Bullet » Logged

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2015, 05:43:09 pm »

Map editor bug:

All "refset team 2" turn into "refset team 1" in the object file. I'm not exactly sure at what point this change happens, but I suspect it's when you load a map in the editor. If you place a team 2 building (can be anything, arcana for example) and save the map, it stays a team 2 building. But when you edit the map again later, it's ownership has turned to team 1.

For anyone struggling with this bug, it's much quicker to find those "refset team 1" in the objpos file and fix them with a text editor than it is to replace those buildings in the map editor.
Crashday
XR Coder

soundcloud.com/bernhardfritz

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2015, 07:18:44 pm »

yes i noticed that too. not specific a xr bug though.

The PitViper

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2016, 10:35:31 am »

When behe/behemoth hits, in 5-10% of the cases the 'tree up + tree down' animation is not playing. So you busy near behemoth, waiting for the tree to go up, then hit relocator, but all of a sudden you are dead by behemoth.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »

It is a known bug, however, 5-10% is a great exaggeration. It is not a Behemoth-only bug though, it happens to all units. You might remember preds running around with their arms pointing down, not moving, then suddenly getting hit but with no visual indication of that supposed to have happened. It's the same thing, but what makes the bug more visible in Behes is the actual scope and result of the hit (insta-death).

Because of connection bottlenecks or lags, sometimes, YOUR client does not receive a packet instructing it to start the unit hit animation in time, and then when your client receives the impact packet, it rushes to bring things up to speed and complies, inflicting the damage BECAUSE THE SERVER SAY SO, and regardless of not having gotten the animation start packet.

This may either be the fault of YOUR client or, mostly, the fault of the BEHE client, which fails to deliver the anim start packet to the server but manages to send the damage packet, which then the server distributes to the other clients.

While testing this, I've actually noticed that the more hits the combo has and the less cooldown between hits, the more the player tends to spam hit and the fewer the chances that the server does not receive a hit initiation packet from the client. But since Behe attack clicks are quite few and far apart, it tends to be more noticeable. 5-10% is an absurd figure though, 20-50 times larger than what actually happens.

kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2016, 06:57:17 am »

but daemon , i wanna know , when i want to use reloc/meds or block , sometime , my leggio strikes ( THIS HAPPENS JUST FOR LEGGIO ) , is this an bug or is my fault??
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:59:00 am by kLLik » Logged

just ask..
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2016, 11:03:19 am »

Why don't you wait for the meds or reloc to show up in your hand? You're not giving it enough time, it's called a 'medswing' Smiley.

kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:54 pm »

aaaa   Smiley , i want it to show up in my hand instantly  Cool

and have one more question , can i large camera distance?? ( adica sa mi se vada mai mic caracterul ) just little .. if is possible  Smiley

just ask..
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2016, 06:20:55 pm »

Sure you can. And then the game will wipe out your hard drive for being a haxor.

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2016, 10:57:35 am »

Sigh.. What Daemon is trying to say is "no"

Maried people ugh Wink

kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2016, 01:05:26 pm »

yeah .. understood Derp

just ask..
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2016, 03:41:35 pm »

goddamnit am i the only one who's disceptible to deamons everlasting sarcasm??

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2016, 05:06:13 pm »

goddamnit am i the only one who's disceptible to deamons everlasting sarcasm??
Without a doubt.

kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2016, 05:24:37 pm »

yes , you are Tjens  Grin

just ask..
The PitViper

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2016, 08:41:24 pm »

It is a known bug, however, 5-10% is a great exaggeration. It is not a Behemoth-only bug though, it happens to all units. You might remember preds running around with their arms pointing down, not moving, then suddenly getting hit but with no visual indication of that supposed to have happened. It's the same thing, but what makes the bug more visible in Behes is the actual scope and result of the hit (insta-death).

Because of connection bottlenecks or lags, sometimes, YOUR client does not receive a packet instructing it to start the unit hit animation in time, and then when your client receives the impact packet, it rushes to bring things up to speed and complies, inflicting the damage BECAUSE THE SERVER SAY SO, and regardless of not having gotten the animation start packet.

This may either be the fault of YOUR client or, mostly, the fault of the BEHE client, which fails to deliver the anim start packet to the server but manages to send the damage packet, which then the server distributes to the other clients.

While testing this, I've actually noticed that the more hits the combo has and the less cooldown between hits, the more the player tends to spam hit and the fewer the chances that the server does not receive a hit initiation packet from the client. But since Behe attack clicks are quite few and far apart, it tends to be more noticeable. 5-10% is an absurd figure though, 20-50 times larger than what actually happens.
Don't know the real stats.
It indeed goes into the same category as for example a lagging player which thereby becomes very hard to hit.
So nothing to do to fix this?

Typo in XR:
Show stats of player. Then there is "Figther XP."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: