Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2017, 09:41:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188664 Posts in 10888 Topics by 17952 Members
Latest Member: Freans
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  REPORT: Windows Savage XR Bugs
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: REPORT: Windows Savage XR Bugs  (Read 86661 times)
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:55:15 pm »

If you are experiencing bugs with windows version of Savage XR please check that the problem is not already know about in our Bug Tracker. If no bug is present create a new one and post in this topic to let us know about the issue. Feel free to upload screenshots!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:55:38 am by Django » Logged
Craw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:00:12 pm »

I'm not sure if this applies but I'm just going to inform you. I'm a power mac user and I've been able to mac a working copy of XR for mac but there is one major set back that I'm not sure if it's my bad or a bug on XR. Everytime the warm up ends on a game (excluding XR servers) the game attempts to download the map.. but the download title thing on the bottom of the paper map thing just blinks and stays that way. I can disconnect, then reconnect and it will download the map correctly and i'll be able to play.

Again, I'm not sure if this is a lagit bug because I'm running a mac version of the game.

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 01:22:24 am »

I'm not sure if this applies but I'm just going to inform you. I'm a power mac user and I've been able to mac a working copy of XR for mac but there is one major set back that I'm not sure if it's my bad or a bug on XR. Everytime the warm up ends on a game (excluding XR servers) the game attempts to download the map.. but the download title thing on the bottom of the paper map thing just blinks and stays that way. I can disconnect, then reconnect and it will download the map correctly and i'll be able to play.

Again, I'm not sure if this is a lagit bug because I'm running a mac version of the game.

I'm interested what software you used to get XR working on mac?
Cloudburst

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:00:54 am »

Okay, I'm not going to bother flipping through that whole list of bugs.. well, I flipped through a few of it anyway.

With a ATi 4870, it seems that I can't load Samurai maps (havn't yet been able to try normal XR, only SFE and smurai). It gets stuck on /tori/tori_normalmaps.tga and proceeds to prompt to save a crash log (without minimizing!). Very, very crippling bug.

~Incase your interested

(Windows Vista)

* savage-crash-report.zip (31.12 KB - downloaded 486 times.)
Craw

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:17:20 am »

I'm interested what software you used to get XR working on mac?

I used an app called "crossover" to install the .exe installer to a specified folder.. then i used another app called "cider" and turned the folder into a .app program Cheesy
quiet simple.  Grin Smiley

Christopher

Mozilla Firefox - Open the web!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 04:21:16 am »

Weird error:

I tried several times by restarting the programs and its doesn't work. My internet connection is working fine, and I'm on a Windows computer. Tongue

EDIT: I made it work by making the program run in administrator mode but all my Savage settings are gone.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:27:09 am by Christopher8827 » Logged

hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 11:03:29 am »

Weird error:

I tried several times by restarting the programs and its doesn't work. My internet connection is working fine, and I'm on a Windows computer. Tongue

EDIT: I made it work by making the program run in administrator mode but all my Savage settings are gone.

a) on vista u have to run it as admin
b) the issue with the lost settings has been discussed before - XR is not an add-on to your regular Savage (like SFE was for SEP). XR is a completely new game - you will have to copy your settings from your "old" Savage to the "new" XR one. And before you ask me "How?" --> Use search or browse 5 mins. through the tech support formus - u will find the thread where it's explained

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Mendo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 12:44:44 pm »

K i got a few bugs i encountered while playing

1. Units start dissapearing and my sound goes crappy at the same time. Takz started a post about this with sfe
and most people with the nvidia 8800 experience the same problem. as i have an 8800 gts, it happens to me 2.

2. When a sub dies, it stays on my spawnselection screen for like 5 minutes, very annoying. same is with flags.
3. i relocced and like half a second later i still got a tempest hit and died, dunno if its a bug but maybe the relocating and the hitbox dissapearing needs to be adjusted?

4. My sound goes bad alot. i already tried increasing the amount of soundchannels but doesnt work.
5. My fps starts dropping around the game gets stalker/savage. doesnt matter if my minimap is on or off or that my settings are high or low. it drops at the same point in the game everytime. my vsync is on so i have a steady 60, but it drops to 30-40

thats all i can come up with so far. about the first bug. i had it with sfe 2 but i managed to fix it using Sweets V9.0 mod
but i cant play with XR as long as units keep mass dissapearing. its unplayable. so il be using SFE untill its fixed.

kk thx for reading my whine cry
greetz
Mendo
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 12:46:52 pm by Mendo » Logged
REBORN / 1UP
Newerth Donator

"Wisdom is our hammer, prudence will be our nail!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 03:52:04 pm »

xr seems not to save some of the menu settings such as the filter settings in the server window or the slider setting below the UT-Mod.

just what i noticed so far.
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 03:16:15 pm »

Thanks for the reports if you guys havn't already please post more information on the bug tracker Smiley We'll try top sort out these issues asap.
Apache

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 07:25:57 pm »

Hey is it a bug when I cant c the frenzy counter? Since the last update of XR...

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:19 am »

Hey is it a bug when I cant c the frenzy counter? Since the last update of XR...

Possibly create a report on the bug tracker.
deathrevenge

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 12:19:37 pm »

I have another problem:
The XR shaders (I use them only on my own unit), disappear after some time of playing.
And i cant recover them back, seens in the options it is still marked as in put the shaders on...

I hope you get what i mean.Tongue
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »

I have another problem:
The XR shaders (I use them only on my own unit), disappear after some time of playing.
And i cant recover them back, seens in the options it is still marked as in put the shaders on...

I hope you get what i mean.Tongue

A possible reason for this could be bug #262
Eldritch

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 03:34:42 am »

hi newerth i would like to report a problem concerning starting the game...

i got a silverback enigne:Error Saying
GL win32_SetMode:default mode is invalid
it happen suddenly without explanation
i would appreciate any help
tq
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: