Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 07:32:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188541 Posts in 10878 Topics by 17916 Members
Latest Member: Defwish
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Development News
| | |-+  INFO: XR 1.0 Beta - Feature List & Change Log
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: XR 1.0 Beta - Feature List & Change Log  (Read 75055 times)
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 11:31:30 pm »

In 2004 an official full conversion mod was created for Savage 1 named Samurai Wars using the Silverback engine and the RTSS (Real Time Strategy Shooter) genre created by S2Games.

Samurai Wars is set in feudal Japan in the 16th Century,  is very authentic and plays very similar to Savage Human vs Human mode. Unlike Savage, Samurai Wars also allows you to ride horses and upgrade your melee weapons.

The mod contained many bugs and due to its late release was not well adopted by the community. The XR Dev Team are pleased to announce that the Samurai Wars Mod is now fully integrated into XR and literally dozens of bugs that dogged the original version have been fixed.

To play Samurai Wars all you will have to do is connect to an XR server with the optional samurai maps installed, vote a map starting with the name "samurai_" and the game will switch to Samurai Wars mode automatically. Once the map has been played, the game will return to normal if a map like eden2 is called up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first Samurai Wars testing sessions were a bit disspointing for a couple of reasons:
- The melee action was a bit hay-wire.
- The tech tree was small and purely linear.
In other words, the game was not very challenging from the comm's point of view, and not much fun from the players point of view.

So there is good news! Over the past 2 weeks a small team involving Milka, metjm, Mchief, Legmog, Skope & myself have been working hard to:
- fix the melee action.
- expand the tech tree (and add buffs!).
- add a load of cool scenery props.
So be ready for Samurai Wars Mark II!
Cheers, Mohican    Afro

The new tech tree (click for larger image)

The new Battering Ram Siege Unit:

New Sakuna-biko Shrine (heal), new design, the hearts inside and healing magic will flow out the "doorwars".

Scenery village destroyed by a band of ronin (npcs).

Japanese Macaques (npcs).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I'd let you know what has been happening with Samurai Wars XR over the last few weeks:

(1) I added 1st person view support for all ranged weapons and items.

(2) Lorenor and Attila made 3 new maps: samurai_eden, samurai_ichi & samurai_tovalley

(3) Important Debugging:
   - Knock back effect on the battering ram (causing self damage) is fixed + added a cool effect when u hit something.
   - Hit Box problems with Town Centre have been fixed.
   - Textures of several Buildings and Props have been fixed.

(4) New Building: The Barricade (small wall).

(5) Balance Adjustments:
   - Grenade damage lower from 350 to 250.
   - Cannon HP up from 1500 to 1750.
   - Cannon can now be ejected from.

Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 11:31:30 pm »

This was an improvements that some of you (especially Tirza   Wink) asked me for over and over again!
So I did it, and implemented an advanced foliage system that adds flowers, weeds, and aquatic plants near water.
I hope you guys like it!   Tongue

Comparison between SFE and the new XR system

More screenshots

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: