Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2018, 11:01:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189374 Posts in 10973 Topics by 18133 Members
Latest Member: sireno52
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  Crimean War
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crimean War  (Read 1258 times)
mickel
Assault Fortificationist

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:20:52 pm »

I don't have the resources to mod myself, but I've always wanted to see an FPS based on the war that gave us that indispensable piece of clothing that no terrorist, bank robber or special forces guy can be without - the balaclava.  Smiley

The nice mix between FPS and RTS in Savage is a definite plus, but what really got me thinking this game would be perfect for the idea is that it supports a decent amount of players. Because frankly, with only 32 players on a server like in many FPS games you won't get a decent battle. A small skirmish perhaps at best, but not a battle.

I saw from the Samurai Wars mod the kind of stuff it's possible to achieve, and that's great news.

I know it's not the best known war in history, but that just makes it more interesting in my eyes. Because the Vietnam war has been done to death, and nobody ever makes WW2 games that include the smaller, more interesting sides. So what do you say? Crimean war, anyone? Smiley

The infantry exists to get the forward observers to the next hill.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: