Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2018, 02:14:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189431 Posts in 10977 Topics by 18158 Members
Latest Member: rerakefo
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Chat
| | |-+  World War 3
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World War 3  (Read 6715 times)
Heffalump
King of Elephantopia

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:57:43 pm »

Hey Guys,

A rather serious topic:

Do you guys fear WW3 and the extinction of mankind which is linked to it?

2pizza
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:13:59 pm »

no
big_tower

throughout a 'Son of Newerth'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:54:21 pm »

Dont make yourself crazy. There are so many things which could happen to us.

Just stick to the tiny problems of human being.
Life is hard enough without such "big worries".

And don't forget: always look on the bright side of life Wink

CarniWhore
Newerth Donator

chown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:17:02 pm »

well it's going to happen as all the films set in the future say it will so just go with the flow really

Bunny
Evo - my biatches!

Evolved Organizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 03:58:11 pm »

no

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 05:11:17 pm »

im not afraid im ready for it. i gto a bomb shelter and 43 guns with fod for 3 years stored in it. also got a nuclear warhead and a bush-bear saying I DONT KNOW ABOUT ANY ATTACKS

born_to_be_noobish
Smile clan superadmin
Newerth Donator

Found joy in getting owned

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 01:01:22 pm »

w00t, end of the world as we know it discussion!

Lets see, theoreticly we got the "Cern experiments will create a black hole that will destroy us!!!!" planned for june orso. There is also the "ancient aztec/mayan prophecy about the world ending/changing in 2012" and for the more religious people there is the "OMG prophet Muhammed was the antichrist, islamics are all satan worshippers, chaaaaargeeee, Gott mitt uns!!! (god is with us, nazi germany, WO II) We cant loosee!! Gooood will protect his!!! Chaaaargee Alllaaaaahaaaaahaaaha *boooom* *planecrashing noise* *more boom*"

That's all i can iimediatly remember. Oh wait, problably something about "omg a meteor is going to wipe us out next month/next year/whatever" like they do at least 3 times a year orso, that supervulcano is still waiting to erupt, euhm, i am pretty sure some people expect an alien invasion anytime soon, rapture is coming soon (it has been coming soon for about a 1000 years now, at least),...
-------------------------

ok, back on topic:
I do expect some war soon, but i am sure we'll manage to survive it. The obvious would be Islamic vs Christianity all out war. That would cause some major mayhem and destruction. There are enough idiots on both sides to make it happen. (remember the Jesus Camps in the US)

But what i'd really prefer to get as war is like the whole third world realising we're abusing them, uniting and trying to take back what theoreticly is theirs. It ll problably never happen, but it's like the oppressed masses overthrow small ruling class thingie, but on a global scale. That would be nice.

I expect civilisation as we know it to 'fall' before 2050.

Note,  there is nothing you can do against, as carniwhore says, just go with the flow. But use your brain too. If some priest asks you to strap a bomb to your ass and go blow yourself up in a mosque, dont do it.

DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 05:16:12 pm »

(Retardedness INC)
December 12, 2012 @ 12.07 am we die.
(Retardedness END)

Dragonsclaw
'Useless fanboi forum spammer'

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 10:05:14 pm »

Civilization will reside in Humanity for a very, very long time. IF we are, some how, managed to be forced to live in wastelands or forests without any link to the modern world, we will go back to complete civilization very fast. World War 3 is unlikely, 2050 may be in peace, may be in war, but either way, history has prove, War can build civilization better than peace.

But as said, just living with it, and taking your risks for your intelligence to exist and your humanity remain, will be fine. Go with the flow.

pingu
League Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 10:19:57 pm »

You know what, I think humanity is too paranoid to become extinct in the near future. Everybody seems to worry about death so much to the point where it will be minimized, and I don't see "World War 3" claiming the lives of everybody...
Pancake
Master Pancake

';..;'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 10:36:19 pm »

You know what, I think humanity is too paranoid to become extinct in the near future. Everybody seems to worry about death so much to the point where it will be minimized, and I don't see "World War 3" claiming the lives of everybody...
Not if I have anything to do with it Tongue
Th3_Hunt3r
(.Y.)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 03:28:10 pm »

hm...maybe americans leave muslim ppl alone...
i mean...stop finding reasons for war when actualy all they care is about oil.

hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 06:03:26 pm »

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
REBORN / 1UP
Newerth Donator

"Wisdom is our hammer, prudence will be our nail!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:27 pm »

you know guys, MMA has become pretty popular these last years. i think MMA should be combined with politics as well.
conflicts could be solved between the states leaders and their parliaments on souvereign (eg swiss) territory.

like a tournament. everything allowed except weapons and groins. in a big thunderdome. on free-tv. commented by bas rutten.

no innocent blood shed and a perfect entertainement for everyone.
bush would have thought twice before challenging saddam in the octagon!

born_to_be_noobish
Smile clan superadmin
Newerth Donator

Found joy in getting owned

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 09:04:39 pm »

Civilization will reside in Humanity for a very, very long time. IF we are, some how, managed to be forced to live in wastelands or forests without any link to the modern world, we will go back to complete civilization very fast. World War 3 is unlikely, 2050 may be in peace, may be in war, but either way, history has prove, War can build civilization better than peace.

But as said, just living with it, and taking your risks for your intelligence to exist and your humanity remain, will be fine. Go with the flow.

i never said i expected civilization to fall solely because of war. There are alot of other interesting things. For example, superbacteria and stuff from hospitals and pig farms. Cancer cells in cow milk. Messing with genes. Nanorobots. Pollution. Overpopulation. We simply cant continue along this path. you know, footprint thingie and stuff, we'd need like 1.5 earth to provide every person with the western way of living. I assume what you refer to as civilization is all the modern wonders you got like food that comes with airplanes from the other end of the world, supermarkets, cars, elektricity,... We need to change our ways.

civilization as we know it to fall isnt necessairly a bad thing. We could maybe simply 'convert' to another way of living. The fall doesnt have to be bloodshed and destruction. It can be slow and gradual change. I refer to that as fall too, because i am too lazy to come up with some other word.

I have been saying it for like 10 years now, we should terraform mars and start spreading out. At the moment a big meteor or other disaster can wipe us out. Everybody with a bit of intelligence knows it's better to have back ups. Wost case scenario would be finding martian bacteria and all dieing from that very fast. But we need to conquer space anyway, we cant just sit here and wait for the end to come. The chances of  making hidden martians angry or discovering new fancy diseases that wipe us all out on mars are pretty low. Kinda simular to getting scattered by a meteor. Very low chance, but it could happen. But you could also fall from the stairs in your home and break your neck. There are plenty of interesting risks.

We could theoreticly terrarform mars in 50 years time. breathable air, plants, animals, water,... Theoreticly. After that we should switch to colonizing the moon, because there are loads of asteroids and stuff with no atmosphere whatsoever, giving plenty of places to explore, inhabit and exploit. There is problably lots of interesting stuff to be mined in all those rocks that fly around. Plus, nearly all the planets have moons. But we should do mars first in my opinion, to give  us a solid basis to start from.

For a not doomed future, i'd like to see humanity unite and conquer space. Chances of uniting are very low though, i know that.

But still, even if we're doomed, we still need space travel, i'd like to watch the end of earth. It would be nice to sit on the moon and watch a meteor hit earth. Or see nukes go off all over the place. Or vulcano's. Or use the fancy satelite uplink to watch the wars. Or zombie invasion. Whatever.

Most of the big doom scenarios things cant be avoided anyway. Just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

----
edit: yeah, words. I know. If the day comes, if it comes, i ll most likely scream and run just like everybody else. But i dont worry about it anymore. I stopped worrying about inevitable things such as death or end of the world orso a few years ago.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:22:29 pm by born_to_be_noobish » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: