Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2018, 11:00:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189374 Posts in 10973 Topics by 18133 Members
Latest Member: sireno52
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  Connect weps to mesh :(
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Connect weps to mesh :(  (Read 1588 times)
Cornfield

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2008, 01:53:18 pm »

can anyone tell me how to connect weapons to my mesh Huh Sad I pressed the Help button in the exporter interface and saw that by renaming the skelleton bones _bone<Number> will make a placeholder for weps to make them appear ingame but i dont kno how to make them work i tried my own wep models but they didnt apear. Can someone give some a hints pls,which modifier should i use???

thx in advance.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:57:10 pm by Cornfield » Logged
jaguar
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 02:12:32 pm »

Use the attach feature? by going to edit poly mode and click attach then the model... I'm not entirly sure but SKOPE or Mefix will be Smiley
Cornfield

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 02:51:06 pm »

well i didnt meant how to attach it in 3d max i wanted to kno how can i make them connect ingame, u kno 2 diffrent *.model files there must be somthing else.
jaguar
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 06:58:44 am »

Oh, simply replace the weapon models you are changing. ie if you are changing the lego axe, find the model and overwrite it. The folders the weapons are in is a complete mess and the weapons names are stupid.
* Jaguar just got an idea

Make weapons upgrade more then just once, do it 3 or 4 times. And maybe same with armor.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: