Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2018, 08:23:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189435 Posts in 10976 Topics by 18160 Members
Latest Member: nigdarogp
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  SUPPORT: Ask for mapping help here!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SUPPORT: Ask for mapping help here!  (Read 359362 times)
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1725 on: April 20, 2018, 11:42:29 am »

Hello!

I'm making my first map following Aneurysm's mapping guide and got some noobie questions.

1. After painting walls on layer 2, I used deform tool and then half of layer 2 paint dissappered from all over the map. The paint comes back in near regions if I paint even a single spot on layer 2 again. Is this an usual bug and how to prevent it from happening?

2. Is there a way to duplicate an object / object groups? Finding certain objects from the long dropdown lists is a quite trouble sometimes. Edit: Selecting object(s) and then shift+left clicking elsewhere does the job. Grouping with ctrl+left click.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:20:04 pm by Nanaa » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 20, 2018, 03:50:21 pm »

There is something about it in Ane's guide or that resource compilation thread. I don't recall exactly how it's done but you need to have each texture you're using painted somewhere like in an unused corner, on the layer 1 or 2, especially if you intend to use it on layer 3.

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,237.msg186496.html#msg186496
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:52:21 pm by Daemon » Logged

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1727 on: April 20, 2018, 04:11:19 pm »

Hmm, I used Ane's template "new64" and it's supposed to have similar kind of painting already done in one shadowy corner. It is supposed prevent layer 3 dissappering after saving and loading map. Seems to work in that regard since layer 3 isn't missing after loading.

Meanwhile, I figured out a quick fix atleast. After deforming terrain, I just do a random action and press "undo" and layers 2 & 3 become visible again.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:22:43 pm by Nanaa » Logged
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1728 on: April 22, 2018, 03:06:11 pm »

Hey, are there any projectile blocker walls which are invisible but passable to go through? I tried prevent cata exploits with "blocker_long"-walls but the downside is that any spectatator flying above the map can't pass through these.

Or what's the usual solution to prevent cata exploits over mountain? Some trigger to kill cata projectiles at certain height?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:11:59 pm by Nanaa » Logged
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 22, 2018, 07:04:13 pm »

Hey, are there any projectile blocker walls which are invisible but passable to go through? I tried prevent cata exploits with "blocker_long"-walls but the downside is that any spectatator flying above the map can't pass through these.

Or what's the usual solution to prevent cata exploits over mountain? Some trigger to kill cata projectiles at certain height?

Make blockers low enough not to bug specs too much but high enough to block exploits. It's a common use and it's not like specs gonna mind if exploiting is fixed this way.

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1730 on: April 23, 2018, 01:19:59 pm »

Yeah, that's the best way. Thanks.

Passable blocker walls will be on my wishlist though if I ever create more maps. Those current blocker walls also interfere with commander's camera raising it high up when colliding against them.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 23, 2018, 06:55:09 pm »

You can always use the classical mist walls.

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1732 on: April 24, 2018, 09:13:02 pm »

Yep, the classical waterfallsteam does job but isn't the most aesthetical thing.

A few bugs/quirks I found about objects:
-The buildable spawnflag is not rendered in-game if you don't look directly at it. This is atleast with increased fov and 16:9.
-Sound objects (the megaphones) do actually have physical collision boxes below them. I put some of them relatively low on the ground but I luckily I bumbed into them when testing map.
-Marker objects also got invisible collision boxes below them. I noticed this when I rotated the arrow marker sideways.

Edit: I checked how others place sound objects. Saltydog puts most of them on the ground (xr_somati) at default height and thus mostly there are no issues since colliding boxes are below the ground. However if you place them on angled terrain, the collision boxes will stick out at default height. I found one like this on xr_somati. You can walk over it but if you stand on it, you hower in the air and it probably also cancels leap.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:12:09 pm by Nanaa » Logged
kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 12, 2018, 06:26:40 pm »

Hi nana, there is another way to do what you want, without those shadow, blocker or water walls.

Create a trigger ( aabox or aapshere )
On flag0: obj_projectile
On flag1: onEnter
... rest of flags null

For script use this:
@activate
!die target

now any projectile ballista, catapult, summ, etc. when shoot in that trigger will be stopped.
And spectators can pass throught that trigger.

I added a map so you can test it, GL.  Afro

* nana.s2z (9.27 KB - downloaded 16 times.)

just ask..
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1734 on: August 12, 2018, 08:34:31 pm »

Hi nana, there is another way to do what you want, without those shadow, blocker or water walls.

Create a trigger ( aabox or aapshere )
On flag0: obj_projectile
On flag1: onEnter
... rest of flags null

For script use this:
@activate
!die target

now any projectile ballista, catapult, summ, etc. when shoot in that trigger will be stopped.
And spectators can pass throught that trigger.

I added a map so you can test it, GL.  Afro

This is pretty smart. Makes spectating great again.

Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1735 on: August 12, 2018, 09:18:46 pm »

Hello kllik,

I tried similar thing back then: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,7080.msg203103.html#msg203103

Only difference was that I used onInside (instead of onEnter)... and that resulted into a never ending explosion loop Cheesy

I'll try with onEnter next
kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 12, 2018, 09:24:06 pm »

It works with onEnter. I tested it before  Smiley

just ask..
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: