Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 14, 2018, 08:29:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189435 Posts in 10976 Topics by 18160 Members
Latest Member: nigdarogp
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  Ophelia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ophelia  (Read 568 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:45:59 am »

Hello.

I invite everyone that's interesting in helping out with balancing the leaders, and especially tweaking or finding a better niche for Ophelia, to post their thoughts and suggestions here. At the time of writing this (early September) i've concluded a couple of months that kept me away from XR (work, family, vacation), so updates were sparse.

So one hot subject is Ophelia's unshield. There are reports of it being overpowered. It's hard to assess as to how many really think it is, what its actual impact on the game is, especially with different amounts of players, and whether just nerfing it would make it better. It's a very fine line between any tech being just right and being useless.

The way it works right now is to half the armor values of buildings.

Unshielded buildings: 0% armor

Shield tower:
Shielded buildings: 80% armor (80% damage reduction)
Torched (unshielded) shielded buildings: 40% armor

Magnetic outpost:
Shielded buildings: 40% armor
Torched (unshielded) shielded buildings: 20% armor

This can easily be tested by setting up a base with a shield and a tower, then shooting with a summ and counting the shots both with and without Ophelia's Torch skill.

Either way, this skill has been severely nerfed. Before this patch, it had a 7s "uptime", meaning that Ophelia could sustain it for that long before running out of mana. Right now it is halved, to ~3.5s. Also, its range was reduced from 100 to 90. Also, Ophelia's cost is doubled, to 1000 stone, to compensate for the extra stone that beasts usually mine.

Also, drk changed his server settings, which is more than "a little" Smiley.

Quote from: drk
I've changed half_armor.state a bit.
Old values:
stateSet armorAdd 0.000000
stateSet armorMult 0.50000
stateSet energyArmorAdd 0.000000
stateSet energyArmorMult 0.50000
stateSet siegeArmorAdd 0.000000
stateSet siegeArmorMult 0.50000

New values:
stateSet armorAdd 0.000000
stateSet armorMult 0.850000
stateSet energyArmorAdd 0.000000
stateSet energyArmorMult 0.850000
stateSet siegeArmorAdd 0.000000
stateSet siegeArmorMult 0.850000
Now 1 sac takes a bit less than 1 half of a mortar tower.

That's basically a 15% reduction which is quite useless. The other buildings will practically not even feel it.

Aright.

Other choices would be replacing the skill. For instance, before deciding on the Unshield, i had in mind a summoning skill. For a poetic chime i considered a beast-style evolved great ape called Silverback. Trouble was deciding on what it should be up to.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: