Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2018, 03:18:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189432 Posts in 10975 Topics by 18159 Members
Latest Member: G1FHY
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  teamWork possibility ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: teamWork possibility ?  (Read 881 times)
phoenix-3000

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2018, 09:45:43 am »

Bonjour,

The IGNORE command has a perverse effect, we do not know if a player can listen and especially if it is useful to warn when a massive attack arrives or when a Gate is detected by the sensors.
I would like to know how I can know the number of teamplayers (who listen and therefore who are likely to react to the warning) and if possible to get their name and their race, so that I can only address my warning to those who are interested in teamwork

La commande  IGNORE à un effet pervers, on ne sait pas si un joueur peut écouter et notamment s'il est utile d'avertir une équipe lorsqu'une massive attaque arrive ou lorsqu'un Gate est détecté par les senseurs.
J'aimerai donc savoir comment je peux connaitre le nombre de teamplayers (qui écoutent et donc qui sont susceptibles de réagir à l'avertissement) et si possible d'obtenir leur nom et leur race, afin de ne m'adresser qu'à ceux qui sont intéressés par le travail en équipe

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
L'esprit de la loi, est plus important que la lettre de la loi
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 01:06:24 pm »

There are many reasons not to do this.

1) If we were to add a feature to be able to tell who is ignoring you, that would pose the problem of ignored people hurling abuse targetted at people that can't defend themselves because they won't see it. Undecided Expect abuse.

2) Malicious people will intentionally ignore people just to annoy them, since now they know that the victim knows that they have been ignored. Expect abuse.

3) This feature would be catering to people that have done something to annoy others and are being punished by being /ignored. This is like rewarding punished people. Grin That's funny.

4) The amount of additional client->server->client communication is just not worth the effort, especially considering the above 3 reasons.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: