Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2018, 04:51:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189307 Posts in 10967 Topics by 18114 Members
Latest Member: ianw5555
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Outgoing packets are sometimes stuck for a long time
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outgoing packets are sometimes stuck for a long time  (Read 620 times)
ValrogM

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2018, 09:42:15 pm »

Sometimes outgoing packets seem to be stuck for a long time, even though the ping is very good and incoming packets are being received at a high rate.

I can see everybody everyone engaging in melee and shooting each other, but I can't move (the running animation is there, but it looks like he's stuck)

I can see other people's chat streaming, but my chat doesn't appear.

I can see other people spawning, but I can't spawn. If I click on any item, I can't request it.

I can see other people voting, but I can't vote.

I noticed some other people also just standing there in the battlefield and getting shot at. Perhaps the same thing happened to them.

And then everything works fine after a long time. During the time it was not working fine, I can browse websites, send email, etc. without problem.

Has anybody else noticed the same thing?
ValrogM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 03:28:08 pm »

Is anyone able to help find out for me what ports are used by the game client? Thanks a lot.
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 05:34:50 pm »

Is the problem only on drk's Community Server? Tried for example duel / martial arts server?
Where do you live?
ValrogM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 10:04:58 pm »

It's on all servers. I tried some other servers - it's the same thing. I tried clicking "Spawn" but the command doesn't register.

I live in the U.A.E.

Today it was like that only for 2 minutes at the start, and then it was perfectly okay for 4 hours.

It seems different from lag. I can see other people's actions in real-time, but my own actions don't register - any action, even sending chat messages.

Once it becomes okay, the problem doesn't usually come back.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 10:08:57 pm »

Your upload bandwidth is probably horrendously narrow. Try with another ISP, somehow Smiley. At a friend/neighbor's place, maybe.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 01:18:30 pm »

Is anyone able to help find out for me what ports are used by the game client? Thanks a lot.

Depends on the server; so select a server in the server list and click the "Game Info" button.
Default is 11235, but when multiple servers are on the same host/network, ports wary.
ValrogM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 07:42:48 pm »

Depends on the server; so select a server in the server list and click the "Game Info" button.
Default is 11235, but when multiple servers are on the same host/network, ports wary.

Wonderful! Thank you so much. I will see if the packets are somehow getting blocked from my side.
ValrogM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 07:50:39 pm »

Your upload bandwidth is probably horrendously narrow. Try with another ISP, somehow Smiley. At a friend/neighbor's place, maybe.

It's not the speed. I just did a speed test and it shows as 21.42 Mbps download and 4.33 Mbps upload. Is 4.33 Mbps upload so slow that even if type "hi" in the chat window, it doesn't appear at all, even 30 minutes later? How many bytes does it take to say "hi" Smiley If I just wait for a long time and then try, the strange slowness goes and there is no slowness at all.

It's clear to me that the data from the game is not getting sent out to the server for some reason, even though incoming data is being received freely.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: