Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 03:22:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
188722 Posts in 10898 Topics by 17973 Members
Latest Member: Rudders
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  New Building upgrades + New Moneybuilding (XR 1.3)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Building upgrades + New Moneybuilding (XR 1.3)  (Read 168 times)
Shitler

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:19:59 pm »

Hi guys, Paulus IV. here,

i got some good ideas, as a comm, which i think would be a great development for the game.

1. Give comms the possibility to upgrade tech buildings like elec, mag, chem, strata, fire and entro just like SH/Lair. Any upgrade will add 50 additional buff storage. For example:

- level 1 = 100 buff storage
- level 2 = 150
- level 3 = 200

any upgrade will cost 400 redstone. the advantage is that you can save space as comm and use it for better layout + you can give your team more buffs even if you are low on redstone.

2. Please add an gold-producing-building for humans and beast. Just like black markets in command & conquer generals. it should give like 25-50 gold per second to team and be producing endless gold. reason for such a building is to prevent people from bailing when team is goldstarved + give comm some additional strategic possibilities. this building should cost like 500 rs + limited on 1 building.

if you dont want to add an extra building to game, you can give that option to produce endless gold to light transport and that tree.

ok...i hope you like my ideas. would be great to see them in game. greets  Just Mining Da Stone
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 12:04:23 pm »

you can give your team more buffs even if you are low on redstone.
There may be a simpler way to do that, with limited effects: making all the altars and caches raise the buff pool by 25, so by dropping all 3 you get 75 more energy, which is not quite a huge amount that would boost those crappy self buffs significantly. And plus, you'd have to pay 150 energy to get them.

2. Please add an gold-producing-building for humans and beast. Just like black markets in command & conquer generals. it should give like 25-50 gold per second to team and be producing endless gold. reason for such a building is to prevent people from bailing when team is goldstarved + give comm some additional strategic possibilities. this building should cost like 500 rs + limited on 1 building.
Gold starving is a tactic that wins games. Games with teams that aren't gold starved can go on forever. Do you want endless draws?

if you dont want to add an extra building to game, you can give that option to produce endless gold to light transport and that tree.
Just out of thin air? Smiley

Shitler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:27:53 pm »

Sounds fine to me but altars and chaches should be limited then.

Gold starving wins games... yes... but people should still be able to afford at least flux, blaze, temp, coil... + many maps have an huge disadvantage for humans to get gold. For example no hope.

So 25 gold per Second through thin air would be awesome for all savage players and is not too much to be a game changer.

May be we can try it a few weeks and wait for community feedback.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:14:30 pm »

Alternative ways to increase buff pool have already been discussed and are certainly possible.
It just didn't receive much support/demand back then, so the question is if people are more supportive of this now.

As for the gold generating building, it sounds like a good idea (we've heard/thought of it before), but gold-starving is an active element of Savage's gameplay. It's more reasonable to make a gold-generating building as a map element that mappers can place in key locations or even at bases if they wish for a drawn-out match.

I also suggest playing maps where humans don't have a huge disadvantage to get gold. Afro
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:28:12 pm »

Since this is in a map making section, i need to remind you that such a building has already been requested: the autominer.

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,17727.0.html

It does exactly that, provide teams with stone/gold, without the need of anyone mining, and map makers were able to use them for a while now. Why a new one?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: