Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 02:58:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189121 Posts in 10953 Topics by 18018 Members
Latest Member: kurago
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Patch Notes
| | |-+  XR 1.3.9 New Server Features and Commander Improvements (12-12-2017)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR 1.3.9 New Server Features and Commander Improvements (12-12-2017)  (Read 1041 times)
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:47:52 pm »

Patchnotes 1.3.9
A mixture of features requested on Newerth.com and by drk (Public Community Server admin).

MAJOR:
  • Added custom python votes so that server admins can create their own custom votes to help govern their own servers (e.g. instead of using refs)
    • See sv_votes.py for template examples of using callcustomvote(clientIndex, voteType, voteInfo) and passcustomvote(yes, no) and the related hooked in custom vote cvars
    • /callvote custom <addotherstuffhere>
    • sv_allowCustomVotes (default 1, on)
  • Added server cvar sv_publicVoting - which, when enabled, publicly broadcasts everyone's vote
  • Added python server events playerspawned(clientIndex) & playerkilled(clientIndex, killerIndex)
  • Added transmit cvar sv_commSpawnSiege (default 1, on) - which, when enabled, allows commanders to spawn as siege units (and vice-versa, disabling prevents)
  • Added server cvar sv_siegeReenterInterval (default 0, in ms) - which, when enabled, adds a time delay before a siege unit can re-enter into a base structure to change loadout
  • Added player-specific tithe/tax options for commanders
    • Appropriate HUD will hopefully be patched in at a soon later date
    • Server cvar sv_enableTithes MUST be on, but be aware that commanders can change the team tithe amount as well then with the previously existing updatetithe command
    • Players can check their own current personal tithe amount with client-side cvar player_tithe
    • Meanwhile, eager players can use commands to test it
      • updateplayertithe <clientnum> <amount>
      • Limited inbetween 0% and 50% (the same range as team tithe)
      • Turn off with amount -1, which means team tithe is used as normal instead
  • Changed the way servers reset commander settings when a commander resigns - now only resets settings (like item and buff requests, or disabled specific player requests) once a new commander takes over instead of whenever the commander temporarily resigns to fight before jumping back in

MINOR:
  • Fixed "Unknown Vote" debug error message
  • Fixed a false game script error in !ifnot
  • Fixed a minor inaccuracy in gold drop timers
  • Simplified markEnemies algo to save some performance
  • Improved some set commander code
  • Cleaned some minor general code stuff

As stated above, certain features have pending GUI HUD additions waiting, so either wait until a future patch adds missing GUI, or try out the availalbe commands instead. Please have patience, XR is developed for free in our limited free time surrounded by real life priorities.
Please report any bugs or issues that arise from this patch ASAP so I can fix them before they become a problem.
Or leave us some feedback to shape the direction these new features will go.
Precim

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you react

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 03:18:03 pm »

Hello everyone,
I dont know if it is caused by this new patch but i cannot connect to any server. When i try to do so i receive a message that says: "Invalid packet data received from server (cmd was 5). Packet dumped to gamebadpacket.dat". I am looking forward for any help you can offer to me.

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" Paarthurnax, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Precim

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you react

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 04:54:10 pm »

I reinstalled the game and its okay now Smiley

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" Paarthurnax, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »

I'm glad it solved itself. Smiley
The patch shouldn't be causing any such problems, but I'm willing to take a look if anyone does have sudden issues.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: