Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2018, 12:31:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189118 Posts in 10953 Topics by 18017 Members
Latest Member: Mason
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  Suggestions
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 2132 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 08:36:16 am »

What GUI does it need? I need someone to explain to me like they would to Thrill.

Ghitler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 09:32:22 am »

definitely agree with stopping default reset when you resign and re-enter comm seat

e.g.

turn off gold for annoying person spawning siege and ejecting each time - resign - gold goes to zero because its reset requests

Agree with you, same thing with buffs, when you play in same team with Segea or GanjaGun they waste all gold and buffs for nothing, also trolls like djinghis.

eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 11:55:47 am »

What GUI does it need? I need someone to explain to me like they would to Thrill.

Probably adding an extra option in the existing GUI for taxes on specific players, the same GUI used to allow requests on players, donate gold, promote them, and find them. (Hold "/" as commander)

* The word Tax
* Current tax amount on the specific player expressed as a percentage %
* Arrows to modify amount
 --> Tax 30% /\ \/  written next to each player's name

Speaking of which, that GUI is glitchy and gifting a player gold or finding a player doesn't work as intended.

* It gifts gold to the next player in the list (as far as I remember)
* It doesn't update player gold amount in real-time
* The "find" button doesn't do anything
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:05:47 pm by eLeMenT » Logged

drk
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 08:12:45 pm »

I have two wishes. It's not about the balance.
It would be good to see two things:
- to fix the t1's Siege Workshop. Deny t2 from hiding in it.
- to make red and blue redstone drops from destroyed buildings for t1 and for t2.

eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 07:22:24 pm »

I have two wishes. It's not about the balance.

If you actually read the post, there was no balance suggestion in there. Would be nice if you contributed your thoughts on the proposed change as well.

On a side note, I agree with your wishes, building hitboxes need to be fixed; the top of the siege workshop and the research center sides most notably (beasts could benefit from a hitbox fix as well, most importantly the sublair sides). The red stone colors is a simple visual little extra that I wouldn't mind implemented as well.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:26:35 pm by eLeMenT » Logged

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 08:06:50 pm »

Red stone dropped when killing a beast building or worker -> it's humans' to pick.
Red stone dropped when killing a human building or worker -> it's beasts' to pick.

Is the only confusion the redstone dropped by enemies and friends dying close to one another?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:08:30 pm by Daemon » Logged

drk
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 11:00:42 pm »

Red stone dropped when killing a beast building or worker -> it's humans' to pick.
Red stone dropped when killing a human building or worker -> it's beasts' to pick.

Is the only confusion the redstone dropped by enemies and friends dying close to one another?
No. The confusion is when you defend and they kill your structure and then you are trying to pick 'enemy's stone' because 'you are not sure' that it's not yours.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 08:48:23 am »

How can you not know it's yours when it was your building that they destroyed inside your base? Next thing you'll tell me you're going to accidentally demo or sac the buildings in your own base :/.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 10:29:35 am »

Probably when your building is destroyed, but you also kill an enemy.
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 12:47:31 am »

Some commander suggestions:
* Setting up custom taxes on different players.

I do support this strongly (I have also proposed various similar versions of this idea earlier which the commander gets more micro controll over tax and the economy of the team better).

The idea is interesting because it's highly relevant to tax-debates in real life and societies- where we can consider the poor the newbies, and the veterans the rich companies (or atleast more rich than newbies).

However, there are some pitfalls:
- Setting tax to 100 % should not be possible for individual players  (taking all money from a player can be a dickmove from a comm, especially raging commanders (achilles anyone?)).
- Setting tax to very low for some, and very high for others incentivize individualization and less teamwork (imagine one vet and 3 newbies, the newbies can be taxed to death to allways make sure the vet have the best equipment).  Newbies will be frustrated never having money for items, while vet will not contribute alot to the team economically.

A option to counter the pitfalls:
- max/min treshold levels for individual tax percentages dependant on how much teamgold there is available, where a custom-set tax-level for a specific player, A, will be changed to the closest tax-treshold if below or above the min/max.

The downside of this solution is that it removes to some degree the entire point of individual tax-levels, as they will be changed when the teamgold goes above or below a specific treshold for it.

The upside of the solution is naturally a more just taxing.

-

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 01:37:45 pm »

Patch is ready, but waiting on fully operational buildhosts.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 10:49:07 pm »

Done, 1.3.9 is released.
Let me know if the changes accurately reflect the wishes posted here, or how I shall improve them further, or any potential bugs I didn't stumble across testing it alone.
ValrogM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 09:35:58 pm »

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:39:04 pm by ValrogM » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: