Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2018, 01:53:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189431 Posts in 10977 Topics by 18158 Members
Latest Member: rerakefo
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  Gameplay changes test month
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gameplay changes test month  (Read 11693 times)
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 03:25:50 pm »

Thank you for your feedback, Bullet. You deserve an award tbh. Maybe we can design a unique item or something, for the most involved players!

Seghi
Play4fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »

I believe that the week 4 update is a good twist to the game since it facilitates team play during late game, whilst maintaining early and mid game dynamics. However, although it is a nerf for human defensive as Bullet underlined, it is also a nerf for the beast offensive, which balances the former out. Imagine a sneaky summoner, which so often happens, trying to get a shield down by himself. If a lego approaches, he is literally dead, no chances of surviving with the new patch, and in my own experience there were multiple times I sneaked, killed one or two incoming enemies and also got the shield down by myself, and oh boy that feels really good  Human Bow
Therefore, maybe increased mana regeneration, around 10-20% for summoners would do the trick for 1v1 summ vs lego, and a 10-20% increase in rotation speed for ballis would help with 1v1 balli vs pred situations. In this manner, you could keep the sneaky siege units but also control for balli and summ camping.
 Cool Cool Cool

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 12:06:32 am »

Therefore, maybe increased mana regeneration, around 10-20% for summoners
Keep in mind that this also increases DPS of summoners against buildings by 10-20%; or rather, in terms of time, shields die sooner than before giving teams less time to react/counter a summoner. Afro
[...] for 1v1 summ vs lego [...] would help with 1v1 balli vs pred situations
The point of the nerf was that people don't use it to kill units; so buffing them to be able to fight units better is the opposite goal. Grin
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 09:32:05 am »

The point of the nerf was that people don't use it to kill units; so buffing them to be able to fight units better is the opposite goal. Grin
It's a buff compared to the new settings, but it's still a nerf compared to the old ones.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 11:01:24 am »

If the nerf against units was too strong, so dampen the nerf.
Instead of buff against units at the same time.

The goal was to make siege not attack units (and instead be used for their intended primary targets -> buildings), especially in a camping setting. Rolleyes
Giving them increased attack speed (=less delay between attacks or bigger turning angle), you're effectively motivating people to camp and kill players again.

Summoner and Ballista received a big nerf, so they definitely need a buff to make up for it - however, look in other categories than "vs units"; e.g. defensive survivability.
Attila
Dude! WTF!
Newerth Donator

This is a game only!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 11:12:26 am »

Lego and Pred survive 1 ballista's hit.... maybe above the 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 level Smiley
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 12:49:10 pm »

Lego and Pred survive 1 ballista's hit.... maybe above the 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 level Smiley
Can you elaborate, please?
Do you mean that only higher level units should survive?
Captain Kenway

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 02:01:58 pm »

Baed improvements, I caent shift+jump anymore and my maein account got locked out on globalignore.
Raelly daeissaproved.

Sail under the free Black Flag
Or die a slave you maggots

arrrr
HARRRRRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMVZdE97l0&index=22&
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 06:08:22 pm »

Baed improvements, I caent shift+jump anymore and my maein account got locked out on globalignore.
Raelly daeissaproved.

Kenway on global ignore? Trust me, it's totally Daepproved.

Seghi
Play4fun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 06:55:21 pm »

What about this: In the case of balli, the player could exit the siege as usual, but now the balli would not be destroyed, but remain with the hp it had before the exit, in the exact same position. The interesting twist would be as following: taken that the enemy does not kill you or the balli, you can re-enter it with the HP it has left. You can exit/re-enter as many times as you want but your nomad HP does not refill every time. Even more interesting would be to have the possibility to enter someone else's ballista, given that you are a nomad.
This change would allow the following new strategies:
-Enemy could kill separately the balli, whilst the nomad runs. Now given that he is busy with it and the nomad is far in the enemy territory, he could hide for a sneaky garr.
-Extra dynamics involved, by exiting the balli and engaging in meele combat, then back in the balli. This would also increase the need for good nomad skills.
-Medium and badly skilled enemies could be distracted by the nomad, follow him and leave the balli intact, whilst another nomad hidden could take over and push.

This is just an idea that popped in my head right now. No idea what could be done for summs, but I believe this change in ballistas would be quite fun.
Looking forward for some feedback

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 07:07:02 pm »

I can't shift+jump anymore
What?
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2017, 09:34:01 am »

Preparing the next test week is taking a little extra time; it's a more substantial edit.
SavageBeard
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 01:47:47 am »

Not sure how the summoner defensive buff works, it does seem like too much of a hassle for summoners to actually use it though. I was pestered by some team mates who wanted the buff, but it was unclear what it actually did and was very short lived, and also took away from the offensive true purpose of a summoner.

I also dislike that the defensive buff is on the first slot in the inventory, which automatically equips it after you leap or after you spawn. If this defensive buff should be kept, I would suggest that it is something you can put on allies by just shooting them with the normal attack projectile, or something that emits from the summoner passively.

I would also like the summoner shot to remove buffs from human players if it hits them, i.e. if they lose their mag buff if they are hit by one shot.
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 10:38:49 am »

I was pestered by some team mates who wanted the buff, but it was unclear what it actually did and was very short lived, and also

That would be me trying to explain to you what the new skill does Tongue
Tip: You can actually see the weapon's discription when you hover on top of it in the loadout screen.

I agree that it's a little short lived, but it's supposed to encourage teammates to stick around and protect you. By making the energy weapons buff ranged you'll encourage siege camping again, as you can safely buff and attack people from a safe distance, isntead of going forward.

Removing buffs on ranged shot impact might be a little too much gamechanging, as you're basicly nullifying buffs on only one of the opposing sides of the team! I guess you can apply it to both ballista's and summoner shots, but then we'll land on the fact it will only encourage siegecamping more, as staying back and trying to shoot down buffed fighterunits would be a better option that say, actually trying to push towers!

Another take on countering buffs:
Chaplain rays and Shaman protection rays reduce enemy targets buff's efficiency down to 50%.

• This is a way to effecively counter buffs without touching their core essence, or dumbing them down without having healers around. Buffs need to feel special and pack and punch!
  • Gives healers more presense on the battlefield ergo;
  • Gives commanders more incentive to rechearch healing units, which everybody loves
  • Makes sense in lue of shamans and chaplains being supportive units
  • Makes chaplains somewhat more viable early game, as they actually start off with their firebuff-dehancing ability
  • Finally gives healers a (countering) offensive ability, without losing their supportive core
  • Could lead to stalemates as buffs are (or should be used as) tiebreakers
  • Makes shamans camp buildings in case a legionnaire comes by
  • Chaplains still won't help against gates, beast's third "buff" pool

What are your thoughts on this Savagebeard?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:15:36 pm by Tjens » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 12:40:28 pm »

Melee belongs on the first slot; unless a unit doesn't have a melee attack.
Leap and block go along with melee as well, as does the automatic-swap-to-first-slot when you leap or block.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: